PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find nicely priced non charactered bedding?

illinoismommy
12-31-2007, 07:41 AM
I am looking to buy some new bedding for David because he is getting a "new" bed (we are actually trading so he has a twin instead of a full that takes up too much room) and I want to go ahead and paint the two rooms for the kids. The styles I love are like these: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romboy/index.cfm?cm_src=bil_winter_w108&cm_type=image but obviously those are out of my price range (125 for a twin comforter....) What is a good place to go to look for this stuff? It would really be super if it could be a place where I can easily get matching curtains. Walmart doesn't seem to have everything matching like that and we need curtains to keep the room dark.

Marielle
12-31-2007, 07:46 AM
target has some pretty specifically gendered but non charactered stuff in their bedding department. I remember seeing specifically a campfire themed one, a sports one and then a dino or space themed one for boys. Very cute and pretty reasonably priced.

Other than that checking out marshalls, tjmaxx, ross type stores for the name brands but definitely less.

klpmommy
12-31-2007, 07:48 AM
have you checked overstock.com? sometimes you can get good stuff there.

sweetpeas
12-31-2007, 10:24 AM
I found down comforters (white) at overstock.com for cheap about this time last year & then got duvet covers at Ikea.

Blue Aurora
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh I love PB stuff! Someday when they finally move out of our bed I'm going to splurge and let them pick out their own bed stuff from Pb....it is pricey though! I hope you can find a great alternative.

AmyWA
12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
I've found some great stuff at Burlington Coat Factory. www .burlingtoncoatfactory .com I'm not sure they have much online in the way of bedding, but if you have a store near you they have stuff "in-store". I also like TJMaxx for stuff like that.

Love
12-31-2007, 12:45 PM
I just got DD a bunch of beautiful bedding at Sears, for her new bunk beds.

I got her twin quilts for about $40 each that are plaid/flowers in awesome coordinating colors, and nice plain sheets on sale for I think about $20 a set. I think that's right.

I was thrilled. In the end, Dh figured out I spent the same as the bed-in-a-bags at Target, with the exception that I had to buy blankets too.

allisonintx
12-31-2007, 12:56 PM
TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls.

Teacher Mom
01-01-2008, 12:48 PM
big lot or discount stores. I did not want to get character comforters for my kids and kept looking and looking for just plain colored comforters. I remember it took a long time, but I finally, finally, finally saw them at a discount store and paid like $10 for a kids twin comforter. Yeah!!! They have had it for several years now. Then I do not have to worry about them not liking a certain character anymore and wanting a new comforter every year.

Just keep looking and praying!

joby'smom
01-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I love overstock.com great deals in the clearance bins. You need to check often for the colors you want. Also, The Company Store has fantastic clearance sales. You may even find some deals at LL Bean or Lands End (is that suppose to be one word?)

Happy shopping to you!

cheri
01-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Are there any pottery barn outlets near you? There's one in OH and they always have good deals on kids' bedding.

honestly, I'd check ebay too