PDA

View Full Version : FINAL December Houskeeping Challenge (#31)

rstump
12-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Challenge #31 - Change those sheets - Get your bed ready for a good night's sleep before celebrating the new year. Put clean sheets on your bed, fluff the pillows, and take your time making it up. Make it fresh and pretty for yourself. Maybe add a few drops of your favorite essential oil or perfume. (10pts/room)

Bonus #31 - Spend sometime today reflecting on your year. No GUILT. Look at all you have accomplished, how you, your DH and your children have grown in God's perfect plan. Make plans/goals for the coming year. Not resolutions. Just where you want to focus your time and attention. Make sure you time allotments match what you consider are your priorities. Journal it....quick & easy on a post it note......, journal entry........, or a long essay on fancy stationary........up to you. Put it in an envelope marked to open NEXT New years Eve. Hide it under your silverware organizer in the kitchen. (100 pts)

DAILY's - try to keep up your habits in the new year.

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - additional 10pts per item you toss/donate/pack away

HOTS SPOTS - keep them cool......if they are.....go LOOKING for a new one. You know they like to hide in drawers, closet shelves, garages... (10pts)

Where's your Laundry (10pts), Does your laundry room need some extra straightening, quick wipe down of the top, bottles, sweeping, straightening....extra 100pts.

Shiny Sink - 10pts for empty sink.
Extra Sink Bonus....scrub not only the bottom....but get out that nasty toothbrush.....clean around the outside grout area, around the knobs, behind it, back splash.....get it all SHINY and perfect.....extra 50pts

Challengers & Point (updated 12/31 5pm EST)

Riverrock/Jessica 4195
Sonshinemama/Jodi 4105
dylansmom/leah 3995
FROGmama/Lorene 3995
purstrength/Kat 3035
KatieMae/Katie 2935
rstump/Renee 2730
lksparks00/Laura 2640
WI Mama 05/Kim 2285
Kateissavedbgrace/Kat 1880
ElectricFaith/Terra 1805
Joyful Mama/Jen 1750
naturallia/Tishia 1530
NayneeNoo/Amy 1390
Happymom/Andrea 1210
momof3muffins/Heather 1130
hink4687/Nici 985
Ladybugs984/Sam 975
MommyTay/Tay 945
greendelight/Nickie 750
Playful Mommy/Sheryl 685
abbieroads/Abbi 675
milkmommy/Deanna 590
phathui5 500
MamaBee/Haley 455
Marathonmom/Katie 455
diamondintherough 445
Niphredil/Lindsay 445
rdkkks/Rachelle 445
Joyinthespirit 420

rstump
12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Where are all my girls. :)

Everyone off working HARD on this last day of the year.

I thought I updated points earlier...but i guess it didn't take. I am off to put them on again. :heart

purstrength
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Challenge #31 - Change those sheets - Get your bed ready for a good night's sleep before celebrating the new year. Put clean sheets on your bed, fluff the pillows, and take your time making it up. Make it fresh and pretty for yourself. Maybe add a few drops of your favorite essential oil or perfume. (10pts/room) The bedroom, living room, kitchen, and both bathrooms are all ready for the new year. The spare bedroom needs some work, but that will be later this week.

Bonus #31 - Spend sometime today reflecting on your year. No GUILT. Look at all you have accomplished, how you, your DH and your children have grown in God's perfect plan. Make plans/goals for the coming year. Not resolutions. Just where you want to focus your time and attention. Make sure you time allotments match what you consider are your priorities. Journal it....quick & easy on a post it note......, journal entry........, or a long essay on fancy stationary........up to you. Put it in an envelope marked to open NEXT New years Eve. Hide it under your silverware organizer in the kitchen. (100 pts) Done...I didn't do the note, but I have been doing some things to get ready for my goals for the new year.

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - additional 10pts per item you toss/donate/pack away 25!

HOTS SPOTS - keep them cool......if they are.....go LOOKING for a new one. You know they like to hide in drawers, closet shelves, garages... (10pts) Done.

Where's your Laundry (10pts), Does your laundry room need some extra straightening, quick wipe down of the top, bottles, sweeping, straightening....extra 100pts.

Extra Sink Bonus....scrub not only the bottom....but get out that nasty toothbrush.....clean around the outside grout area, around the knobs, behind it, back splash.....get it all SHINY and perfect.....extra 50pts My sink is empty and SHINY! :rockon

KatieMae
12-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Working hard over here - will post later this evening with my last points!

Myrtle
12-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Challenge #31 - Change those sheets - Get your bed ready for a good night's sleep before celebrating the new year. Put clean sheets on your bed, fluff the pillows, and take your time making it up. Make it fresh and pretty for yourself. Maybe add a few drops of your favorite essential oil or perfume. (10pts/room)

we all sleep in the same room, but I changed two beds :)

Bonus #31 - Spend sometime today reflecting on your year. No GUILT. Look at all you have accomplished, how you, your DH and your children have grown in God's perfect plan. Make plans/goals for the coming year. Not resolutions. Just where you want to focus your time and attention. Make sure you time allotments match what you consider are your priorities. Journal it....quick & easy on a post it note......, journal entry........, or a long essay on fancy stationary........up to you. Put it in an envelope marked to open NEXT New years Eve. Hide it under your silverware organizer in the kitchen. (100 pts)

done

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - additional 10pts per item you toss/donate/pack away

got rid of 3 things so far. I'll update in another post if I do anymore tonight.

HOTS SPOTS - keep them cool......if they are.....go LOOKING for a new one. You know they like to hide in drawers, closet shelves, garages... (10pts)
done

caught up and laundry room cleaned :phew

done
Extra Sink Bonus....scrub not only the bottom....but get out that nasty toothbrush.....clean around the outside grout area, around the knobs, behind it, back splash.....get it all SHINY and perfect.....extra 50pts

I thought my sink was already clean, but I thought I'd go ahead and do this just for the points. Boy, oh, boy! My sink was not so clean after all. It's all sparkly now. :yes
Challengers & Point (updated 12/31 5pm EST)

hink4687
12-31-2007, 06:30 PM
We were out of town for 9 days over the holidays so that's why I disappeared! I've done a lot since I've been home but I'll just start fresh tomorrow with January's challenge. :smile

KatieMae
12-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Speaking of January's challenges... I'm doing Motivated Moms & the Simpler Life declutter thing, so I'm wondering if the GCM challenges will be related to either of those? I just know I can't do everything 100% :shrug

HummusDip
12-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Challenge #31 - Change those sheets - Get your bed ready for a good night's sleep before celebrating the new year. Put clean sheets on your bed, fluff the pillows, and take your time making it up. Make it fresh and pretty for yourself. Maybe add a few drops of your favorite essential oil or perfume. (10pts/room)done! 10pts, love the oil idea! Mine are in the dryer so once they get put on the bed, I'll add some oil!

Bonus #31 - Spend sometime today reflecting on your year. No GUILT. Look at all you have accomplished, how you, your DH and your children have grown in God's perfect plan. Make plans/goals for the coming year. Not resolutions. Just where you want to focus your time and attention. Make sure you time allotments match what you consider are your priorities. Journal it....quick & easy on a post it note......, journal entry........, or a long essay on fancy stationary........up to you. Put it in an envelope marked to open NEXT New years Eve. Hide it under your silverware organizer in the kitchen. (100 pts) done! 100pts, though it's in a journal not an envelope

HOTS SPOTS - keep them cool......if they are.....go LOOKING for a new one. You know they like to hide in drawers, closet shelves, garages... (10pts) done! 10pts

Myrtle
12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Speaking of January's challenges... I'm doing Motivated Moms & the Simpler Life declutter thing, so I'm wondering if the GCM challenges will be related to either of those? I just know I can't do everything 100% :shrug

me, too. I won't be able to do all of it, but I've enjoyed the motivation and encouragment so much with the challenges, it'd be great if they went together. :yes

rstump
12-31-2007, 07:27 PM

me, too. I won't be able to do all of it, but I've enjoyed the motivation and encouragment so much with the challenges, it'd be great if they went together. :yes

I am doing both of those too. I don't think I can take on keep points again because these are set up very different. Someone else is welcome to do it. I already started a January thread. :)

HummusDip
12-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - additional 10pts per item you toss/donate/pack away Done, 10pts, 28 items SO FAR tossed or donated so that's 280pts!

HOTS SPOTS - keep them cool......if they are.....go LOOKING for a new one. You know they like to hide in drawers, closet shelves, garages... (10pts) Done! 10pts, but I only tacked 1 new spot, I have a million drawers of clutter!

dylansmom
12-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Challenge #31 - Change those sheets - Get your bed ready for a good night's sleep before celebrating the new year. Put clean sheets on your bed, fluff the pillows, and take your time making it up. Make it fresh and pretty for yourself. Maybe add a few drops of your favorite essential oil or perfume. (10pts/room) 4 beds done = 40 points

Bonus #31 - Spend sometime today reflecting on your year. No GUILT. Look at all you have accomplished, how you, your DH and your children have grown in God's perfect plan. Make plans/goals for the coming year. Not resolutions. Just where you want to focus your time and attention. Make sure you time allotments match what you consider are your priorities. Journal it....quick & easy on a post it note......, journal entry........, or a long essay on fancy stationary........up to you. Put it in an envelope marked to open NEXT New years Eve. Hide it under your silverware organizer in the kitchen. (100 pts) DONE = 100points

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - additional 10pts per item you toss/donate/pack away OK - I did MORE than 15minutes and tackled a room I've been SERIOUSLY avoiding! 313 items thrown out/donated/packed away = 3140points!

HOTS SPOTS - keep them cool......if they are.....go LOOKING for a new one. You know they like to hide in drawers, closet shelves, garages... (10pts) DONE = 10points

Where's your Laundry (10pts), Does your laundry room need some extra straightening, quick wipe down of the top, bottles, sweeping, straightening....extra 100pts. Laundry DONE and Laundry room straightened/cleaned = 110points

Extra Sink Bonus....scrub not only the bottom....but get out that nasty toothbrush.....clean around the outside grout area, around the knobs, behind it, back splash.....get it all SHINY and perfect.....extra 50pts Sink clean, scrubbed, and shiny - WOW! =60points

Today was BUSY day. If I added right, I got 3460 points today! I'm glad I tackled the "catch-all" room - there is more to do but I just couldn't keep going today - we're talking books, magazines, old mail, toys, boxes, clothes, art supplies, etc etc. etc. But it looks so much better than it has in probably about two years!!!!!

Happy New Year to everyone!

tempus vernum
12-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Having had la ast minute medical procedure today I haven't done and won't be finishing but I wanted to thank you Renee :ty2. Even though I am on physical restrictions for 3 weeks, going into this, my house is in much better shape than I could have dare hoped :hug ANd I actually think it's in good enough shape that the kids and dh can limp through this time without it getting "too" bad -- maybe :shrug

Thank you :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Renee))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) You know how much this has meant to me during a time I needed physical and mental distration.

:ty2 :ty3 :ty4

purstrength
12-31-2007, 08:51 PM
((Jodi)) :candle

I can try and keep track of points...but I'm more confident of being able to post challenges. I'm doing the Simple Declutter, so I could incorporate that into the challenges. :think

Renee...would you mind sharing your Excel sheet for points? :heart

rstump
12-31-2007, 09:13 PM
((Jodi)) :candle

I can try and keep track of points...but I'm more confident of being able to post challenges. I'm doing the Simple Declutter, so I could incorporate that into the challenges. :think

Renee...would you mind sharing your Excel sheet for points? :heart

Of course....I would be happy to share. Do you want to PM your email address and I can send it off?

rstump
12-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh Kim....(WI Mama 05)......you never fessed up as to your numbers for decluttering on the last challenge! :)

I am trying to finalize things....I am going to wait until tomorrow afternoon since many of our mamas......may have worked hard today but are off playing with their families.

KatieMae
12-31-2007, 09:49 PM
:Jodi :candle May God be with you & your family in the coming weeks.

Challenge #31 - Change those sheets (10pts/room) - 3 beds = 30pts DONE

Bonus #31 - Spend sometime today reflecting on your year. (100 pts) DONE

DAILY's
* Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - additional 10pts per item you toss/donate/pack away - DONE + Tossed a pair of shoes = 20pts
* HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - DONE
* Where's your Laundry (10pts), DONE
* Does your laundry room need some cleaning....extra 100pts DONE
* Shiny Sink - 10pts for empty sink. DONE
* Extra Sink Bonus....extra 50pts Ewwwwww Gross! DONE

And a very happy new year to all you amazing GCM homemakers :grouphug

tryin-to-FROG
12-31-2007, 11:32 PM
[quote=rstump ]
Challenge #31 - Change those sheets - Get your bed ready for a good night's sleep before celebrating the new year. Put clean sheets on your bed, fluff the pillows, and take your time making it up. Make it fresh and pretty for yourself. Maybe add a few drops of your favorite essential oil or perfume. (10pts/room) 1 room done:)

Bonus #31 - Spend sometime today reflecting on your year. No GUILT. Look at all you have accomplished, how you, your DH and your children have grown in God's perfect plan. Make plans/goals for the coming year. Not resolutions. Just where you want to focus your time and attention. Make sure you time allotments match what you consider are your priorities. Journal it....quick & easy on a post it note......, journal entry........, or a long essay on fancy stationary........up to you. Put it in an envelope marked to open NEXT New years Eve. Hide it under your silverware organizer in the kitchen. (100 pts) dh aand I are going to do in the morning together:) so I consider it done:)

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - additional 10pts per item you toss/donate/pack away 3 things today:) going to do more tomorrow - does that still count? maybe towards next months challange:)??

HOTS SPOTS - keep them cool......if they are.....go LOOKING for a new one. You know they like to hide in drawers, closet shelves, garages... (10pts) DONE

Where's your Laundry (10pts), Does your laundry room need some extra straightening, quick wipe down of the top, bottles, sweeping, straightening....extra 100pts. DONE

Shiny Sink - 10pts for empty sink. DONE
Extra Sink Bonus....scrub not only the bottom....but get out that nasty toothbrush.....clean around the outside grout area, around the knobs, behind it, back splash.....get it all SHINY and perfect.....extra 50ptsDONE( well started... will finish in teh morning asap:))

HummusDip
01-01-2008, 01:06 AM
I'll finish with my laundry and sink tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

HAPPY NEW YEARS LADIES! :rockon

BTW my sheets are sooooooooooo wonderful! Soft and smell so sweet! I used Ylang Ylang oil, one of my fav's. I can't wait to jump into bed, I just put dd down in them and it was lovely. :)

HummusDip
01-01-2008, 01:11 AM
If needed, I could take on doing the challenges/points. Let me know if we ever need someone to do it! :)

ElectricEarth
01-01-2008, 05:51 AM
I didn't get the challenge/bonus done...but I did do my dailies!

Declutter - I got rid of/put away a lot of stuff... :)
HOTS SPOTS - nice and cool
Laundry and laundry room - done
Sink is shiny and scrubbed

tryin-to-FROG
01-01-2008, 09:13 AM
so are we starting a new one today:) :yes

rstump
01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=151441.0

tempus vernum
01-02-2008, 07:03 PM
I started a January thread - hey Kat I just noticed you offered, maybe you can do February :)

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=151629.0

purstrength
01-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Sure...I wasn't sure if anyone was still interested since so many people are doing MM.

Let me know if I can help at all this month! :heart