PDA

View Full Version : December Housekeeping Challenge #29

rstump
12-28-2007, 10:27 PM
OK....here is the really NASTY and hard one....

Challenge #29 - Scrub the bathroom(s) (50pts/each bathroom)

Bonus #29 - Take 15 min to Bless your husband (or single mamas.....bless yourSELF....since you do a BIG job)....ideas...a little note, make their favorite dinner, a quick phone call to tell them you appreciate them, note on the bathroom mirror, hot cup of coffee before they leave for work (100pts)

BLESS your home DAILY's

Declutter - 15 min -.IDEA ..... your underwear/sock drawer...get rid of those that don't really fit, elastic is wearing out, socks that are getting bare, holes, or you just don't wear. (10pts for each ITEM)
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - COOL them DOWN.....find homes for those items. OR create one. Add a basket for your mail & magazines, a cup for pens, hook for keys, bins for toys
Where's your Laundry (10pts)
Shiny Sink - (10pts)

Challengers & Points (update 9pm 12/29 EST)

Riverrock/Jessica 4195
Sonshinemama/Jodi 4105
dylansmom/leah 3995
rstump/Renee 2730
lksparks00/Laura 2640
purstrength/Kat 2605
FROGmama/Lorene 2545
WI Mama 05/Kim 2025
KatieMae/Katie 2935
Kateissavedbgrace/Kat 1880
ElectricFaith/Terra 1805
Joyful Mama/Jen 1750
naturallia/Tishia 1530
NayneeNoo/Amy 1390
Happymom/Andrea 1210
momof3muffins/Heather 1130
hink4687/Nici 985
Ladybugs984/Sam 975
MommyTay/Tay 945

Keep up the good work.......only 2 more days!

rstump
12-28-2007, 10:32 PM
A verse that I read tonight that made me think of you hardworking wise women.

Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."

tryin-to-FROG
12-28-2007, 11:16 PM

I don't think "she" has seen my bathroom :shifty :giggle

rstump
12-28-2007, 11:18 PM

I don't think "she" has seen my bathroom :shifty :giggle

Maybe that is where the "laugh" comes in. :hunh :yawn

(:lol....going to bed.....it is LATE here and everyone else is asleep....no idea why I am still up....oh yes.....I am GCM addicted)

HummusDip
12-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Part of the reason I got so many points from today's challenge was that I got rid of around 10 pairs of underwear and a 2 bras! But tomorrow I will work on my sock drawer and dh's sock and underwear drawer to get those points! :)

WI Mama05
12-29-2007, 11:36 AM
:shifty I let Dh sleep until 10 this morning, is that blessig enough :giggle?

Off to tackle the rest!!!

tempus vernum
12-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Challenge #29 - Scrub the bathroom(s) (50pts/each bathroom) done

Bonus #29 - Take 15 min to Bless your husband (or single mamas.....bless yourSELF....since you do a BIG job)....ideas...a little note, make their favorite dinner, a quick phone call to tell them you appreciate them, note on the bathroom mirror, hot cup of coffee before they leave for work (100pts) DONE

BLESS your home DAILY's

Declutter - 15 min -.IDEA ..... your underwear/sock drawer...get rid of those that don't really fit, elastic is wearing out, socks that are getting bare, holes, or you just don't wear. (10pts for each ITEM) DONE - decluttered 72 items :woohoo I now have to go shopping for new underwear and socks :giggle
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - COOL them DOWN.....find homes for those items. OR create one. Add a basket for your mail & magazines, a cup for pens, hook for keys, bins for toys DONE
Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE
Shiny Sink - (10pts) DONE

dylansmom
12-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Challenge #29 - Scrub the bathroom(s) (50pts/each bathroom) 2 bathrooms - DONE

Bonus #29 - Take 15 min to Bless your husband (or single mamas.....bless yourSELF....since you do a BIG job)....ideas...a little note, make their favorite dinner, a quick phone call to tell them you appreciate them, note on the bathroom mirror, hot cup of coffee before they leave for work (100pts) Enjoyed some time to myself and ate some mint chocolate chip ice cream - YUM!

BLESS your home DAILY's

Declutter - 15 min -.IDEA ..... your underwear/sock drawer...get rid of those that don't really fit, elastic is wearing out, socks that are getting bare, holes, or you just don't wear. (10pts for each ITEM) DONE - 53 items thrown out - it's a good thing we got socks and underwear for Christmas!!!
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - COOL them DOWN.....find homes for those items. OR create one. Add a basket for your mail & magazines, a cup for pens, hook for keys, bins for toys DONE
Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE
Shiny Sink - (10pts) DONE (although I discovered this morning that I forgot to start the dishwasher...but at least the sink was shiny!

ElectricEarth
12-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Done Saturday:
Challenge #29 - one bathroom sparkling
Bonus #29 - how fun!!!!!
Shiny Sink

HummusDip
12-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Challenge #29 - Scrub the bathroom(s) (50pts/each bathroom) DONE! 50pts

Bonus #29 - Take 15 min to Bless your husband (or single mamas.....bless yourSELF....since you do a BIG job)....ideas...a little note, make their favorite dinner, a quick phone call to tell them you appreciate them, note on the bathroom mirror, hot cup of coffee before they leave for work (100pts) DONE! Let him sleep in and made him several pots of coffee! 100pts

HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - COOL them DOWN.....find homes for those items. OR create one. Add a basket for your mail & magazines, a cup for pens, hook for keys, bins for toys Have all those already, just a matter of USING THEM lol, but DONE! 10pts

rstump
12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
WOW....that is some AWESOME decluttering.

I got a BUNCH done too.

Sorry I remembered on Saturday when we were out that I hadn't posted this one as a full weekend challenge and I got home after the board closed.....but it looks like you girls were HARD at work anyway. WAY to go!

I updated the points.

dylansmom
12-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I am enjoying blessing my home! And I am very motivated by points! (That's why I also joined SparkPeople!) That being said, I think my points may be off by 50 - I had 3235 and now I have 3945 (710points). However, I did 2 bathrooms (at 50pts. each = 100pts), 100pts for being nice to myself :) , 53 items at 10 points each = 530 pts., 10pts for Hot Spots, Laundry, and Sink (30pts) equally 760points all together.

Is that right?

Thanks for checking! :)

KatieMae
12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Challenge #29 - Scrub the bathroom(s) (50pts/each) :shifty Maybe next time :O

Bonus #29 - Take 15 min to Bless your husband (100pts) :jawdrop Did you know this was our anniversary?! We went on a lunch date (w/ baby) while the big kids played at Grandma & Grandpa's house! :heart

BLESS your home DAILY's
Declutter - 15 min -.IDEA ..... your underwear/sock drawer...get rid of those that don't really fit, elastic is wearing out, socks that are getting bare, holes, or you just don't wear. (10pts for each ITEM) Horray - 15 items gone = 150pts!
I also just decluttered my kitchen counters & found homes for my two new fabulous appliances - large food proc & a rice cooker/steamer - so is that another 10pts for Sunday maybe
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - (10pts) DONE Both days = 20pts
Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE one day only = 10pts
Shiny Sink - (10pts)DONE one day only = 10pts

And can I also catch up with this one from Friday...
Where's your Laundry BONUS 10pts for each item of clothing you get rid of/donate. If it's stained, too tight, torn, too old, too short, etc.....get rid of it.- 52 pcs of baby clothes & 12 pcs of Lilia's outgrown clothes, all packed for future babies. So that's 64pcs total

rstump
12-30-2007, 08:48 PM
I am enjoying blessing my home! And I am very motivated by points! (That's why I also joined SparkPeople!) That being said, I think my points may be off by 50 - I had 3235 and now I have 3945 (710points). However, I did 2 bathrooms (at 50pts. each = 100pts), 100pts for being nice to myself :) , 53 items at 10 points each = 530 pts., 10pts for Hot Spots, Laundry, and Sink (30pts) equally 760points all together.

Is that right?

Thanks for checking! :)

YUP....I had down one bathroom instead of 2. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

WI Mama05
12-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Challenge #29 - Scrub the bathroom(s) (50pts/each bathroom) Downstairs & Upstairs done 100pts

Bonus #29 - Take 15 min to Bless your husband (or single mamas.....bless yourSELF....since you do a BIG job)....ideas...a little note, make their favorite dinner, a quick phone call to tell them you appreciate them, note on the bathroom mirror, hot cup of coffee before they leave for work (100pts) DH slept REALLY late! - 100pts

BLESS your home DAILY's

Declutter - 15 min -.IDEA ..... your underwear/sock drawer...get rid of those that don't really fit, elastic is wearing out, socks that are getting bare, holes, or you just don't wear. (10pts for each ITEM) Did my drawers (2) and DH’s (1 drawer and 2 baskets)! A TON of items total from both of us!!!! I WANT TO POST THE NUMBER, BUT I AM HESITANT B/C I WAS GONE FOR THAT 10 DAY PERIOD AND THE NUMBER MIGHT JUMP ME TO #1 AND I DON'T THINK I DESERVE IT HAVING NOT DONE THE CHALLENGES DURING THAT TIME. Mine went from two to one drawer and DH went from a drawer and two baskets to just one basket for his socks! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - COOL them DOWN.....find homes for those items. OR create one. Add a basket for your mail & magazines, a cup for pens, hook for keys, bins for toys Did Desk Sat (mail and bills), Did tree Sun – even took the broken ornaments off the top of the fridge and super glued them back together before packing them away. Believe me – pretty proud about that one – normally I would’ve just put them away and been surprised to find them next year! 20pts

Where's your Laundry (10pts) Done Sat & Sun 20pts

Shiny Sink - (10pts) Done Sat & Sun 20 pts

Off to bed now *yawn* good night!

rstump
12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Declutter - 15 min -.IDEA ..... your underwear/sock drawer...get rid of those that don't really fit, elastic is wearing out, socks that are getting bare, holes, or you just don't wear. (10pts for each ITEM) Did my drawers (2) and DH’s (1 drawer and 2 baskets)! A TON of items total from both of us!!!! I WANT TO POST THE NUMBER, BUT I AM HESITANT B/C I WAS GONE FOR THAT 10 DAY PERIOD AND THE NUMBER MIGHT JUMP ME TO #1 AND I DON'T THINK I DESERVE IT HAVING NOT DONE THE CHALLENGES DURING THAT TIME. Mine went from two to one drawer and DH went from a drawer and two baskets to just one basket for his socks! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

Please post. Many in the top 10 were not here from the beginning!

I have prizes for the top points earners...lots of them. :)

tryin-to-FROG
12-30-2007, 10:13 PM

Challenge #29 - Scrub the bathroom(s) (50pts/each bathroom) 1 bathroom done- wow it looks great!

Bonus #29 - Take 15 min to Bless your husband (or single mamas.....bless yourSELF....since you do a BIG job)....ideas...a little note, make their favorite dinner, a quick phone call to tell them you appreciate them, note on the bathroom mirror, hot cup of coffee before they leave for work (100pts) ( I am blessing him tonight)....edited to add** I am giving him a back and leg massage, in all my decluttering I came across the massage lotion:))

Declutter - 15 min -.IDEA ..... your underwear/sock drawer...get rid of those that don't really fit, elastic is wearing out, socks that are getting bare, holes, or you just don't wear. (10pts for each ITEM) WOW 126 items done not including those I threw away!!! wow

Where's your Laundry (10pts) done one night
Shiny Sink - (10pts) done 1 night

so whats tomorrow??? :heart

rstump
12-30-2007, 10:29 PM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=151202.0 :heart

rstump
12-30-2007, 10:31 PM
so whats tomorrow??? :heart

You ask and you receive! :kiss

purstrength
12-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Challenge #29 - Scrub the bathroom(s) (50pts/each bathroom) Two bathrooms clean!

Bonus #29 - Take 15 min to Bless your husband (or single mamas.....bless yourSELF....since you do a BIG job)....ideas...a little note, make their favorite dinner, a quick phone call to tell them you appreciate them, note on the bathroom mirror, hot cup of coffee before they leave for work (100pts) Done! ;)

BLESS your home DAILY's

Declutter - 15 min -.IDEA ..... your underwear/sock drawer...get rid of those that don't really fit, elastic is wearing out, socks that are getting bare, holes, or you just don't wear. (10pts for each ITEM) 20
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - COOL them DOWN.....find homes for those items. OR create one. Add a basket for your mail & magazines, a cup for pens, hook for keys, bins for toys Done.
Where's your Laundry (10pts) Done.
Shiny Sink - (10pts) Done.

rstump
12-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Anyone up for that LAST challenge or are you all off partying already :rockon

Myrtle
12-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Challenge #29 - Scrub the bathroom(s) (50pts/each bathroom)

2 bathrooms done!

Bonus #29 - Take 15 min to Bless your husband (or single mamas.....bless yourSELF....since you do a BIG job)....ideas...a little note, make their favorite dinner, a quick phone call to tell them you appreciate them, note on the bathroom mirror, hot cup of coffee before they leave for work (100pts)

fixed him a cup of joe to sip on the way to church, complete with a seasonal creamer :cup

BLESS your home DAILY's

Declutter - 15 min -.IDEA ..... your underwear/sock drawer...get rid of those that don't really fit, elastic is wearing out, socks that are getting bare, holes, or you just don't wear. (10pts for each ITEM)
got rid of 32 items between me and the kids

HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - COOL them DOWN.....find homes for those items. OR create one. Add a basket for your mail & magazines, a cup for pens, hook for keys, bins for toys
done
Where's your Laundry (10pts)
caught up
Shiny Sink - (10pts)

done