PDA

View Full Version : Motivated Moms 2008.....are you ready?

rstump
12-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I am getting so excited. Not like I couldn't start now....but I enjoy the procrastination...opps I mean planning!

I have a binder with my "Simple Life Declutter Calendar" and the Motivated Moms Planner behind it. I picked the one with bible verses. I have already started writing in my meal plans for the month and I printed out a "Blessings Do List" for the back to start my list of "Big chores" I want to accomplish this year.

Can you see I am SUCH a planner! It is all in a nice flexible binder (that can go in my purse) and have a nice cover with a graphic of Proverbs 31 on it.

Now let's see if I can use it!

Anyone up for a January accountability thread!

RealLifeMama
12-28-2007, 06:51 PM
What is the decluttering calendar about? Did you make or buy it?

rstump
12-28-2007, 06:56 PM

It is FREE.....
http://www.mysimplerlife.com/decluttercalendar.htm

There is also a yahoo group for those who are participating in using the calendar. :)

NayneeNoo
12-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I was going to print my Motivated Moms out within the next few days. :rockon

Off to check out the decluttering calendar.

Punkie
12-28-2007, 08:29 PM
I've never printed the whole thing out at once, but that's a good idea. I always just print mine off for the week and post them on the fridge. Maybe I'll print the whole thing at once this year :)

Desert Rose
12-28-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm not using a system, but I do plan to organize and declutter a bunch in January. I am in. :yes I really need to organize my closets. You should see my bedroom closet. :blush I have excuses...I was pregnant with a bad back, I had no room to store my non-maternity clothes, and now my maternity clothes...etc...yikes. What a huge mess. I cannot even imagine how many scorpions might be in there. (only 1/2 way kidding)

WI Mama05
12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna give it a go :shrug. I TOTALLY need organization in my life and I'll try anything at this point. Life is only going to get more complicated in the near future for us :shifty

rstump
12-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Life is only going to get more complicated in the near future for us :shifty

Anything you want to tell us? :nails

WI Mama05
12-28-2007, 08:54 PM
nothing interesting like a new baby coming (I wish :yes) but DH and I are in the process of opening the doors to a new call center set to open 2/1 complete with 40+ employees :nails. Most of the pressure is on him, but then EVERYTHING else is falling on me and I'm drowning already! :shifty

tempus vernum
12-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I get overwhelmed with motivated moms for some reason :think I was thinking of trying to make my own similar in design :think :think

nothing interesting like a new baby coming (I wish :yes) but DH and I are in the process of opening the doors to a new call center set to open 2/1 complete with 40+ employees :nails. Most of the pressure is on him, but then EVERYTHING else is falling on me and I'm drowning already! :shifty

That is VERY exciting :tu

rstump
12-28-2007, 09:03 PM

That is still great.....lots of stress but wonderful. (I do love to hear about baby blessings too.... :yes)

KatieMae
12-28-2007, 10:12 PM

It is FREE.....
http://www.mysimplerlife.com/decluttercalendar.htm

There is also a yahoo group for those who are participating in using the calendar. :)

Can't wait to get started! I'm certainly not buried in clutter (I would very quickly go insane if I couldn't see my horizontal surfaces) but I could use more help with how/where to organize - esp in our basement. I know we need help down there, but I'm not sure where to begin or what organizational equipment would be best suited for the different stuff. In any case, I love to declutter & organize so I'm totally excited!

Lantern Light Mama
12-28-2007, 10:13 PM
noooooooooooooo

I am not ready

please send help

I have no motivation.....

for.....

anything. :help :hiding

rstump
12-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Maybe print JUST January. Plan to do it for one week....ONLY one week! Don't plan for the whole year....that is overwhelming. Take a week off and then see if you can do week 3.....sometimes it is catching.........once you see progress....you can't stop.

RealLifeMama
12-28-2007, 10:37 PM
It is very tempting......
I always bite off more than I can chew in the new year, though.

HummusDip
12-29-2007, 12:33 AM
I've never heard of this but I signed up for the emails. I didn't see where I could print things, though I would need to do that at the library anyway. That is until I declutter enough to find the cord to my printer!!!! :O

I'm totally up for some accountability and motivation to continue to bless my home and become a more organized person. I hate living in piles of clutter and messes which I have done as far back in my life as I can remember. I was never raised in a home to clean. We left our messes and my mom or stepmom cleaned it up. This has been a challenge for me. I started changing when I moved 6 months ago, mostly because I had such a desire to change. But I was still pretty darn messy, dishes piled up all the time. The kitchen was the hardest part for me. Since joining this challenges there has been a HUGE change in my home and in my life. My sink is almost always empty and shined and I can't believe what just THAT does for my mood. I love having my hot spots and laundry done at all times. And the challenges for the day are so nice because it's fun to go for those points and I love the outcome! A clean and blessed home! It's such a wonderful change and I'm very thankful for that. So because of the major positive changes this has brought me, I'm very much up to any other challenges like taking accountability and being motivated.

Right now my goal is to sell a bunch of things I have been decluttering out of my home (and into my dh's car until I can get rid of it! :O ) and use that money to buy things to help organize us more. Bins, baskets, etc. I have been on the prowl on our freecycle but no luck yet. I hope to score a dresser, cabinet of some sort, shelving, and bookcases. Jars would be great too, those are good for organizing. Once I can get some things to help, I'll be able to get more done. Right now I have been organizing but putting things in plastic bags, which looks so messy and it drives me insane!

thomer
12-29-2007, 04:38 AM
:yes mememe
I already have next week's printed and up on my fridge.

MM seems to be the only thing I have been able to follow for an extended period of time (like - more than a month :O)
Maybe because I tell myself that after a day is done, I'm not allowed to go back and stress over what I didn't do.

I really should go and print the whole year's worth though - there are some things I'd like to add to it - like changing toothbrush and such.

I think I will try the declutter calander too - thanks :tu

Close2MyHeart
12-29-2007, 05:26 AM
I have some of it printed and ready to go! :woohoo

Going to check out the decluttering one...

klpmommy
12-29-2007, 06:09 AM
I get overwhelmed with motivated moms for some reason :think I was thinking of trying to make my own similar in design :think :think

if you do that, can you post it? I am going to check out the link, but what I saw of MM before looked way overwhelming to me. :bag

Mert
12-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Subbing... I'm supposed to be packing as we're headed out of town in an hour. :jawdrop I do want to come back to this next week, though.

The Tickle Momster
12-29-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm waiting to order MM. I really want to do the page a day one. Way less overwhelming than the page a week. Problem is, if I don't end up doing it, I've printed out 366 useless pages. And, I have to change them daily. We have enough paper clutter in this house. :blush I still have 4 months from last year sitting in a file folder, not used. :blush

I'm going to check out the declutter calendar too.

For those of you who already have the '08 MM, does the first week start with Dec. 31st?

thomer
12-29-2007, 08:22 AM
the 30th, since it's a Sunday - tomorrow, in fact :jawdrop

mamahammer
12-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Me, me! I'm in. And I am going for the decluttering calendar, too! Woo-hoo!

LadybugSam
12-29-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm in :)

The Tickle Momster
12-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Ok, I'm in! I started this last year and did great until pg exhaustion kicked in! Can I get going enough that when baby comes in May, others can help keep up? I hope so!

I think I'll only print a month at a time this year. :think

NayneeNoo
12-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I bought the page a day and just printed out the first 20 pages (minus the title page) last night. Granted, for 10 days of that, we'll be at Disney, lol, but I went ahead and punched holes, added planner type stuff to the notes, etc. :yes Hopefully I do well with it this year. I look at it this way, it's not that expensive, so even if I only stick with it for a month or to, for *me* it would be well worth that bit to get some momentum going. :shifty

sgreen
12-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Count me in, ladies!

I definately have to sort out my house!!

:)

WI Mama05
12-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I printed out the page a day MM for January only at this point (BTW, the year starts on Jan 1st in my purchase) and January only for the decluttering calendar. I figure I can at least give it a go for one month :O and see how it's doing for me. I REALLY need some help! I like the format with the appt section on the side - that way I can schedule in the rest of my day and figure out where I'll get things done :rockon. Hopefully it will work for me!

RachamMama
12-29-2007, 12:04 PM
thinking about it here..

AmyWA
12-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Ok, I'm going to ATTEMPT to do this! I need SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badley to declutter my house. It's not eve funny. So, I've printed out the decluttering calendar. We'll see how it goes!

Cheyenne
12-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I really need to do this too. We are spending time today getting things cleaned up around here and get the house back to a comfortable state and I really need help keeping it up. I still haven't decided whether I want the page a day or not myself. :think I also cut back on two classes my kids were taking so that frees up a bit more time, that and trying to get healthier, will hopefully make a big difference on my keeping the house clean.

Marielle
12-29-2007, 02:43 PM
I took natalie's tip and had mimeo print me a page a day version but double sided pages so it all fits in a 1.5" folder. Thanks renee for the decluttering calendar link. That one will come in handy.

Most of all this year will be the year I let go of the guilt.

The Tickle Momster
12-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I ordered page per week. That way, I save paper and can look ahead or back a little easier. I'm only printing out a month at a time for now.

I also got the declutter one and printed all of it.

We can do this!

Miss Priss
12-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I got mine ordered. :yes
I also have put together my home management binder with schedules for us, and menus. We're doing our menus a bit differently, though, because I can't stand eating the same thing week after week for dinner. So, we have a menu schedule for breakfast and lunch, and for dinner I put Crockpot: beef with lots of space underneath; Crockpot- chicken, with lots of space, etc etc etc. It's in a page protector so each week when I decide what dinner I'm making in the category I've named, I'll write w/ a dry erase marker in the space. :smile

monkeylicious
12-31-2007, 07:06 AM
i'm in - and soooo need help! :shifty i'm using the free 2002 version - is it much different (except for the Bible reading passage)? i was thinking i needed to start today and not wait until tomorrow! (i am such a procrastinator :bag )