PDA

View Full Version : When dirty house=major panic......

hey mommy
12-28-2007, 10:25 AM
My FIL is coming over today to bring DH's new bedliner. No big deal. It's FIL.. BUT! He just called and said he might be bringing his sister with him. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MAJOR PANIC MODE!!!!!! My house is a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got out of the shower, so I'm off to clean it, despite telling C that we would put together his new lego set. I did promise it would get done today, just not right now. We have to clean..

She's never been to our house before!

rstump
12-28-2007, 11:09 AM
ACK...I hate that.

My big ones....declutter & wipe down kitchen counters, sweep MAIN areas....not the corners, make sure bathroom sink, mirror and toilet are clean, fresh towels and TP. Entry way, pick up ENTIRE hot spot and STICK in cabinet...no sorting or delcuttering......if you are like me....pick up and HIDE.

This is the time to shove in closets under the clothes and SHUT the doors. LOL.

hey mommy
12-28-2007, 11:12 AM
pick up and hide is kind of a mantra around here. LOL.. I need more places to hide though! especially the junk on the kitchen counters!

Mother of Sons
12-28-2007, 11:14 AM
You can hide a lot of stuff in the oven, just remember that it's all in there before you preheat for your next batch of cookies!

Also a weird little trick if you handwash dishes. Stack them all in the dish drainer like you would if you had just washed them. People will just assume they are clean.

rstump
12-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I am GREAT at shoving dirty dishes in the oven. I don't have a dish drainer but the dishwasher works the same.....you can fit alot in...even if they aren't rinsed properly.

To me a few main areas get picked up then other things get shoved to the outsides of the bedrooms...enough to see the floor. LOL.

To me the bathroom & kitchen are key....guests ALWAYS seem to need to use the bathroom and it is the WORST for them to ask and you think....ACK when did I last go IN that bathroom....is it nasty....LOL

tempus vernum
12-28-2007, 12:55 PM
You can hide a lot of stuff in the oven, just remember that it's all in there before you preheat for your next batch of cookies!

Also a weird little trick if you handwash dishes. Stack them all in the dish drainer like you would if you had just washed them. People will just assume they are clean.

:giggle definitely remember if its in there before you preheat or you will burn stuff - ask me how I know :shifty

This is why I love my basket trick. I throw everything in baskets and then shove the baskets all upstairs and lock them in my room :giggle Laundry baskets work very well. Of course, if they are full of laundry, dump them on the floor or bed depending on if they are clean or dirty. Better yet since she hasn't seen the house maybe the basement would work better :tu

Of coures, by now they are probably there already

illinoismommy
12-31-2007, 08:31 AM
just reading the title I know what popped into my head "when the in laws are coming" :lol

I remember my sister in law and her husband stopped by without calling about 4-6 weeks after Maya's birth and we were buried, toys everywhere.... I pretty much don't clean those first 6 weeks because I think I should get that time "off" .... I could almost see her opinion of that in her face :blush