PDA

View Full Version : Dec Housekeeping Challenge #27 (were back)

rstump
12-27-2007, 08:49 AM
So girls.....my internet was down all day yesterday! BUT I am back now.... :kiss

We need to get our houses back in ORDER. Let's get them blessed and try to get back to that wonderful baseline we had just a week or so ago.

Challenge #27 - Clean up - 15 min in worst of the worst....start at the bottom and tackle just 15 minute.
Try to do.....3 - 15 minute pick ups in the worst parts.....for me this is the kitchen and living room. (15pts/each time)

Bonus #27 - Put away gifts. Find a home for all th e new things even if it means decluttering older items. :giggle yes this CAN be done.

(10pts for putting gifts away PLUS 10pts for each item you declutter while doing it)

Back to the DAILY BLESSINGS........

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - Can be combined with above. :hug2
HOTS SPOTS (10pts)
Where's your Laundry (10pts)
Shiny Sink - (10pts)....yes yes....the sink does have a bottom again..... :scratch

Challengers & Points (updated 12/27 10:45am EST)

abbieroads/Abbi 675
diamondintherough 445
dylansmom/leah 2330
ElectricFaith/Terra 1460
FROGmama/Lorene 2165
greendelight/Nickie 750
Happymom/Andrea 1210
hink4687/Nici 985
Joyinthespirit 420
Joyful Mama/Jen 1730
KatieMae/Katie 1810
Kateissavedbgrace/Kat 1050
Ladybugs984/Sam 975
lksparks00/Laura 2160
MamaBee/Haley 455
Marathonmom/Katie 455
milkmommy/Deanna 590
MommyTay/Tay 945
momof3muffins/Heather 1130
naturallia/Tishia 1480
NayneeNoo/Amy 1390
Niphredil/Lindsay 445
phathui5 500
Playful Mommy/Sheryl 685
purstrength/Kat 2220
rdkkks/Rachelle 445
Riverrock/Jessica 1975
rstump/Renee 2365
Sonshinemama/Jodi 2275
WI Mama 05/Kim 1670

rstump
12-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Only a FEW days left and then we get PRIZES.

I am going to be doing a combo of Motivated Moms and the Simple Life Decluttering Calendar next year.... woo HOO!

tryin-to-FROG
12-27-2007, 09:00 AM
ok just to clarify, do we get 10pts for each gift we put away and each thing we declutter? or just what we declutter?

WI Mama05
12-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Subbing - baby steps today, baby steps..... :neutral :sigh

RiverRock
12-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Welcome back, mamas! Renee, my house has been needing your guidance! :rockon

Renee, I think I have 240 pts. from the Challenge #21 thread that haven't yet been included. Thanks!

Jessica (yeah, I need to figure out the siggy soon...I haven't intended on keeping my name a secret all this time :hi2)

rstump
12-27-2007, 10:52 AM
ok just to clarify, do we get 10pts for each gift we put away and each thing we declutter? or just what we declutter?

I was saying...10pts for putting the gifts away.

And then an additional 10pts for each item you declutter while putting them away....an incentive to TOSS. :)

rstump
12-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Welcome back, mamas! Renee, my house has been needing your guidance! :rockon

Renee, I think I have 240 pts. from the Challenge #21 thread that haven't yet been included. Thanks!

Jessica (yeah, I need to figure out the siggy soon...I haven't intended on keeping my name a secret all this time :hi2)

Thanks for pointing that out...some how it was listed already had "read" so I didn't see I needed to update! I will get it fixed right now :)

Six Little Feet
12-27-2007, 11:05 AM
i am at my ILs do I guess that means no points...I did do a big cleanup yesterday though, before we left.

HummusDip
12-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Challenge #27 - Clean up - 15 min in worst of the worst....start at the bottom and tackle just 15 minute.
Try to do.....3 - 15 minute pick ups in the worst parts.....for me this is the kitchen and living room. (15pts/each time) Done, 15 mins in kitchen, 15 mins in living room and 15 mins in entry/hall

Bonus #27 - Put away gifts. Find a home for all th e new things even if it means decluttering older items. :giggle yes this CAN be done.

(10pts for putting gifts away PLUS 10pts for each item you declutter while doing it) Done! Put all gifts away, Tossed one old item she never played with and was falling apart and packed up a bag of 4 items that can be regifted and put them up in a closet.

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - Can be combined with above. :hug2 Done but I did my daughters room instead
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) Done, those were pretty easy because I've been keeping up on them
Where's your Laundry (10pts) Done!
Shiny Sink - (10pts)....yes yes....the sink does have a bottom again..... :scratch ALMOST done, I'll come back and let you know when I'm finished. I have to hand wash the rest of the stuff in the side sink and then I'll shine it and be DONE for today!

I don't know about you guys but my house was a PIG STY! I cleaned off all my counters in my kitchen, gathered all the garbage in there and took the garbage out, cleaned my countertops, cleaned my stove, loaded the dishwasher, and swept in the kitchen. Then I took everything off my tree and took it outside. I took down all my lights inside and decorations and put those back in the Christmas box. I gathered all bags, bows, tissue paper, and ribbons and put them in their according bins (I save them). I unloaded the car which was full of gifts and took them all out of their packages and put them all away. Then I had to do a general clean up of my living room, dining room and the entry/hall, inluding sweeping the entryway. Plus the laundry. PHEW! I need to mop my kitchen and entry and vaccuum. I need vaccuum bags though, so I'm stuck with an awful messy carpet until then. I'm glad most of it is done though!

WI Mama05
12-27-2007, 12:26 PM
WOW! you've been going at it!!!

My house is a disaster from the past 4 days. I've been pretty out of commission, so of course nothing has gotten done! :O

I've just been working on putting away what I see today - I see a toy, I carry it to the playroom. I see a dirty sock in there, I put it in the laundry chute. I see a doll on the floor in the dining room, back to the playroom - repeat, repeat, repeat. Things have actually gotten pretty cleaned up (compared to what they were) and I can actually see my floor right now!! :rockon

So far I have:
Put away the shoes, hats, mittens, jackets, snowpants, etc that FLOODED my small entry way - so is that the HOTSPOT for the day? 10 pts!!!

I have started my MOUNDS of laundry from being gone over a week, so - 10 pts!!!

And besides the picking up as I go, that's about it so far!

My goal is to get to the playroom (where all the gifts are) and put it away and clean up. I also have a lofty goal of taking AT LEAST the decorations off the tree. I don't mind it sitting there with lights on for a while longer, but since it's bare from Kaitlyn height down and there are dozens of ornaments UNDER the tree :giggle I'm thinking it's time!!!

I'll report back again later! I wanted to post this to show myself that I *am* making progress :shifty

tempus vernum
12-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Well, I know my sink has a bottom cuz I found it this morning but I wasn't sure if the presnt pile did until I just found it :giggle I have extra present problems as Luke's birthday is on Chrsitmas and we actually had his birthday party that day :phew

Off to tackle the rest of this present pile. I've done a bunch of this but not quite everything :phew It's sure a lot :giggle Off to finish up ;) I love the declutter factor. It's helping me toss things :shifty

HummusDip
12-27-2007, 06:39 PM
WoooHooo good job Kim! Sounds like you have been tackling the mess all day! Keep going mama! :clap

I still haven't gotten to my sink because I cooked breakfast, lunch, and then dinner and then reloaded the dishwasher but I still have those big things in the sink. I will get to it by the end of the night!

dylansmom
12-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Okay, I was gone shopping most of the day today...so, I will catch up with everything tomorrow.

But here is what I did do:

Try to do.....3 - 15 minute pick ups in the worst parts.....for me this is the kitchen and living room. (15pts/each time) Two 15-minutes pick ups

Bonus #27 - Put away gifts. Find a home for all th e new things even if it means decluttering older items. yes this CAN be done.

(10pts for putting gifts away PLUS 10pts for each item you declutter while doing it) I'll do this tomorrow...

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - Can be combined with above. see above
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) again, see above
Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE
Shiny Sink - (10pts)....yes yes....the sink does have a bottom again..... Sink is shiny

rstump
12-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Try to do.....3 - 15 minute pick ups in the worst parts.....for me this is the kitchen and living room. (15pts/each time)

I did 3x's...but my house is still a mess.

Bonus #27 - Put away gifts & Declutter

I put the presents away.....and declutter 10 things!

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - DONE
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - DONE
Laundry - on 3 loads done, 4 put away

Shiny Sink - (10pts). - DONE

WI Mama05
12-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I tried. I failed. I got nothing more done today and I don't feel guilty about it. This afternoon I made bread, played board games with R while K napped, took them outside to play, made dinner, ate, bath, bed time and GCM time. :kiss

I try to catch up tomorrow! :smile

rstump
12-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I tried. I failed. I got nothing more done today and I don't feel guilty about it. This afternoon I made bread, played board games with R while K napped, took them outside to play, made dinner, ate, bath, bed time and GCM time. :kiss

Sounds like a GREAT day. You blessing your family wonderfully!

RiverRock
12-27-2007, 10:41 PM

Sounds like a GREAT day. You blessing your family wonderfully!

:yes

I tidied/reorganized the laundry room, kitchen and living room.
Presents put away and 3 things decluttered
Sink will be shined (last dish soaking but I will tend to it after getting off GCM)
Laundry all washed and folded; half (3 oldest kids') is put away. Considering it was 9 loads this is great for today. :phew
Hot spots...still hot :blush

G'night all!

naturallia
12-27-2007, 11:07 PM

Done!

(10pts for putting gifts away PLUS 10pts for each item you declutter while doing it)

Three toys got thrown out (they were in no condition to be taken to Goodwill.)

Where's your Laundry (10pts) In the washer, I'll put them in the dryer in the morning and fold the load in the dryer in the morning. It's late. :yawn

ElectricEarth
12-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Challenge #27 - done x2 (bathrooms, kitchen, dinning room...in desperate need of cleaning!)
Bonus #27 - done
Declutter - done
Laundry - done

Lots done, but lots still to do!

rstump
12-28-2007, 07:35 AM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=150848.0

HERE you go mamas.....are you ready....ready to bless you homes. Get dressed, ready to work, time to get them back in order before the next holiday arrives.

:yawn :yawn

:giggle :giggle

:rockon :rockon

tempus vernum
12-28-2007, 07:53 AM

I did 5x's...but my house still needs work :/. AND the kids were helping The downstairs was kind of done by the time our friends came to play yesterday morning. Good thing I noticed that is on today's list because my upstairs needs some serious work :tu

I put most of presents away.....not all. The kids got a computer which requires we reorgnize a desk and get it downstairs. NOt done and probably won't be for awhile. I decluttered 37 things! :jawdrop I am actually embarassed to type it :O :O :O 25 toys :O, 10 coloring books, 2 kitchen items. I can't believe how many toys my kids have. I still want to go back when they aren't aren't and get rid of more. How is it possible to accumulate this junk. Oops. . . getting off track here. I am supposed to be checking in :giggle

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - DONE
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) - DONE
Laundry - DONE

rstump
12-28-2007, 08:07 AM

I put most of presents away.....not all. The kids got a computer which requires we reorgnize a desk and get it downstairs. NOt done and probably won't be for awhile. I decluttered 37 things! :jawdrop I am actually embarassed to type it :O :O :O 25 toys :O, 10 coloring books, 2 kitchen items. I can't believe how many toys my kids have. I still want to go back when they aren't aren't and get rid of more. How is it possible to accumulate this junk. Oops. . . getting off track here. I am supposed to be checking in :giggle

No need to be embarrassed.....that is AWESOME! Your house is 35 things lighter!

tempus vernum
12-28-2007, 08:20 AM

No need to be embarrassed.....that is AWESOME! Your house is 35 things lighter!

Thanks :hug It feels super good. I have 2 bags and a box for goodwill :woohoo It feels really good and I feel I am on a roll :giggle and I will be tossing A LOT this week.

dylansmom
12-28-2007, 10:08 AM
I did the bonus #27 this morning - I got the Christmas presents all put away and I decluttered 30 items! I bagged up some to give away and threw the rest out (b/c they weren't worth saving!) WOW! What a blessing! Now I'm off to find today's challenge.

HummusDip
12-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I never got my sink done last night! :O

That's alright, off to go do today's challenge 50 points for making that kitchen sparkle!!!! I'M IN!!!!!! :rockon

KatieMae
12-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Challenge #27 - Clean up (15pts/each time) = 45pts DONE

Bonus #27 - Put away gifts. (10pts for putting gifts away PLUS 10pts for each item you declutter while doing it)
Not sure how you want to add this up, but here's what I did (4 hours total! :phew) I gathered ALL the toys (that's a lot lot lot of toys!) into our living room, sorted them into groups & then put everything away... some in each room where they came from: kids' bedroom, living room - arranged in 3 distinct areas, kitchen, long-term storage in basement, short-term storage in guest room closet. So is that 10pts + 5 rooms/8 areas @ 10pts each? :scratch I dunno, that's why you're the Master of the Points, Renee :yes

DAILY BLESSINGS........
Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots (10pts) DONE

rstump
12-28-2007, 02:23 PM

Bonus #27 - Put away gifts. (10pts for putting gifts away PLUS 10pts for each item you declutter while doing it)
Not sure how you want to add this up, but here's what I did (4 hours total! :phew) I gathered ALL the toys (that's a lot lot lot of toys!) into our living room, sorted them into groups & then put everything away... some in each room where they came from: kids' bedroom, living room - arranged in 3 distinct areas, kitchen, long-term storage in basement, short-term storage in guest room closet. So is that 10pts + 5 rooms/8 areas @ 10pts each? :scratch I dunno, that's why you're the Master of the Points, Renee :yes

DAILY BLESSINGS........

Did you get rid of anything....you get extra points for decluttered items too!

tryin-to-FROG
12-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Challenge #27 - Clean up - 15 min in worst of the worst....start at the bottom and tackle just 15 minute. Done 3 times

Bonus #27 - Put away gifts. Find a home for all th e new things even if it means decluttering older items. :giggle yes this CAN be done. Put gifts away and decluttered 18 things:) and still going...

Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE
Shiny Sink - (10pts)....yes yes....the sink does have a bottom again..... :scratch DONE!!

[/quote]

Myrtle
12-28-2007, 03:54 PM

spent all 45 minutes in the kitchen!

put away all gifts ~ I'd decluttered in anticipation of the gifts and got rid of 5 stuffed animals, a toy telephone, a Wiggles accordian, a hippo that ate blocks, a walking toy, and a basket full of clothes.

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - Can be combined with above. :hug2 done
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) done
Where's your Laundry (10pts) caught up
Shiny Sink - (10pts)....yes yes....the sink does have a bottom again..... :scratch done~ for the first time in a couple of nights. Boy, oh, boy does it make a difference!

purstrength
12-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Try to do.....3 - 15 minute pick ups in the worst parts.....for me this is the kitchen and living room. (15pts/each time) I did a minimum of 6 times!

Bonus #27 - Put away gifts.

A LOT of this is done! And I think I added about seven things to my Outta-tha-house-pile! :giggle

Declutter - 15 min - HOT spots(10pts) - Did the time, but still needs more. :shifty
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) Went through paperwork and have the pile cut by 60-70% I think.
Where's your Laundry (10pts) I did five loads I think.
Shiny Sink - (10pts) Yuppers.

We weren't home, so things weren't too out of sorts around here, but we had a lot to unpack. We did have to put some things away that we hid or moved because this was the first time we left our cat, Rufus home alone. :nails He did great though! :phew

KatieMae
12-28-2007, 09:49 PM

DAILY BLESSINGS........

Did you get rid of anything....you get extra points for decluttered items too!

Oh, no, I didn't get rid of anything; I sold five toys/games on Craig's List before Christmas but we're pretty much just putting away outgrown toys until the next one(s) grow into them. But it all fits now that it's organized! :giggle