PDA

View Full Version : Where to shop for a new quilt

JavaMama
12-26-2007, 06:59 AM
I'm hoping sometime soon I can splurge on a new quilt. I love the quilt we have now, but it's a full size and our bed is queen size... it doesn't even cover the sides of the mattress when we aren't in bed so you can just imagine the tug of war that goes on between dh and I all night. :O I'd like to get an oversize Queen or a King.

Here's a picture of my quilt, I'd love an exact replica but we bought it almost seven years ago at JCPenney so obviously they don't sell it anymore. :lol I've looked at Kohls.com, JCPenney.com and Overstock.com- any suggestions of other places to look?

Our bedroom walls are a 'teal' color so that makes finding a quilt I like a bit trickier. FWIW, I like a variety of colors in it. :)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/busybusymomma/DSC00009.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/busybusymomma/DSC00009-1.jpg

TIA! :heart

loveberry
12-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Make one! It's not that hard and it's fun and so coooooool to sleep under something you made!

JavaMama
12-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Gosh... I'd love to but I think by the time I figured out how and finished it we'd be well off enough I could buy a custom Amish-made quilt. :giggle

Our bedroom gets the least amount of warm air from the furnace and we're cold! :shiver I hate to buy made in China stuff though and it's given that any quilt I'd buy would be made in China.

Links to making your own, for the extreme beginner? I've sewn on buttons that fell off and that's it. :giggle

loveberry
12-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I learned from a book, by Marianne Fons and Liz Porter, but I can't remember the name. It's really fun but you are right, it is time consuming and expensive.

I have noticed that Target has super cute quilts for not too expensive. Or if you wanted maybe you could find a WAHM who does quilts? :)

JavaMama
12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Oh, I see one quilt at Target that might work. I'll have to see if my Target has it... I was just there last night but didn't think to look. :doh Maybe I can get back there in the next couple of weeks.

Iarwain
12-27-2007, 10:12 AM
I have in front of me a dusty and slightly battered copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Quilting. I do not need this book as the last time I made a quilt I made up the rules as I went along, completely ignoring standard quilting convention. Interested?

joby'smom
12-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Check out overstock.com they usually have a fantastic selection. I look under both the bedding tab and the world goods tab. :)

JavaMama
12-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I have in front of me a dusty and slightly battered copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Quilting. I do not need this book as the last time I made a quilt I made up the rules as I went along, completely ignoring standard quilting convention. Interested?

Sure! I'll PM ya in just a minute (too many tabs open at once :O)

Alice- I'll have to check out the world goods tab, I already checked the bedding area. :)