PDA

View Full Version : is there any way to remove scribble from a library book? HELP!!!

Beauty4Ashes
12-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Ds1 scribbled in the back cover of an interlibrary loan book in BLACK DRY ERASE MARKER :banghead :hissyfit Is there anything that I can use to get rid of the scribbles? I could strangle that boy, he used said marker and scribbled on the bedroom wall and on the heating unit and on himself. Magic Eraser worked for the walls and the heating unit, but is there anything that I could do to get rid of the marks in the book? I'm tempted to cover it with a white index card and glue it into the book. I mean, I was contemplating buying some books with my Christmas money, possibly even this book, but I hate feeling that I have no choice in the matter, kwim?

mybodymyself
12-24-2007, 10:45 PM
:sorry :shrug

greendelight
12-24-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't think you can do anything to remove it. I'd put an index card or contact paper over it...ta da! Good as new! ;)

cmecu2
12-25-2007, 02:06 AM
Hmmmm that stinks royally. I'm not sure what you could use if anything. If it's a library book you may have to pay for the damages or buy a new book.

tempus vernum
12-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Depending on the size of the page, you can also use a piece of computer paper and cover it and then use contact paper to smooth it in.

We have a good relationship with our librarians so I usually ask them what to do. USually they just note it and are done with it unless we completely destroy the book

:hugheart It's hard when our kiddos ruin something :hugheart

Beauty4Ashes
12-25-2007, 06:17 AM
The last time when ds1 did that (orange pen, not a marker) it was only in one small spot, so I put a piece of paper over it. The black marks aren't quite as dark since I did use rubbing alcohol swabs, it's inside the back cover...thanks for the ideas.

JavaMama
12-26-2007, 06:44 AM
When I worked at the local library, we didn't charge patrons for library books unless the scribbling was really bad or extensive enough to keep people from reading the book. If it's on a blank page, I wouldn't think they would charge you for the book.

Believe me, it happens more than you would realize! ;) That and chewed bindings from the famiyl dog.

cmecu2
12-27-2007, 12:50 AM
When I worked at the local library, we didn't charge patrons for library books unless the scribbling was really bad or extensive enough to keep people from reading the book. If it's on a blank page, I wouldn't think they would charge you for the book.

Believe me, it happens more than you would realize! ;) That and chewed bindings from the famiyl dog.

ROFL! That just cracked me up! I can just see our dog getting a hold of a library book! Note to self - remind girls to keep them out of Bella's reach!

You might just call the library and tell them what happened and see what they suggest. As the PP said Im sure it happens alot.