PDA

View Full Version : My holiday checklist so far . . .

Marielle
12-22-2007, 02:58 PM
We're having dinner on christmas eve so I've been trying to get the house and food ready.

1. did all the grocery shopping through new year's yesterday (actually I hit walmart around 3am and was done by 5:45am). Then we ran some more food errands in the later am with the kids. Ahhh, to grocery shop alone, simply divine.

2. Cleaned the house yesterday and finished today.

3. Cinnamon buns and cream cheese frosting are in the freezer and ready to go for christmas morning (I'll bake them that day for breakfast).

4. Pastelito (empanada) filling is ready and in the fridge. Pasty dough for empanadas is also resting in the fridge. Tomorrow I roll and fill, then tuck them in the freezer.

5. The seasoning paste for the 9lb hunk of pork shoulder is done and in the fridge. The pork shoulder is ready to season tomorrow as it has been thawing since yesterday. I'll season it tomorrow and it will stand in the fridge overnight.

6. Tomorrow I soak the beans, possibly put together the apple crisp, peel the potatoes (put them in water) and tuck in the freezer to bake on Monday and hopefully monday all that's left to do is bake the roast, make the rice and put together the potato salad.

Phew, I'm tired. :phew

RealLifeMama
12-22-2007, 03:08 PM
You go!!!! :rockon

Shopping at 3:00AM? No wonder you are exhausted.

I haven't even started my rolls yet. I am still working on my kitchen so that I have room to make them. :blush

You have worked hard, now you can relax and enjoy the holiday a little more, hopefully.

Marielle
12-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Cool! You'll love that frosting. The kids couldn't stop licking the beaters. :shifty I found that if you don't mess with the dough too much after it rises, then it rolls out without pulling back on itself.

Yeah, I've been working a seasonal job from 2am-7am so the days I get off I tend to grocery shop. The elderly man greeting up front joked that I made a night of it and I replied, "Oh yes. The kids are warm and sleeping in their beds and I get to drink my soda, use my own pen, actually USE the calculator while taking my time. This is heaven for a mom LOL".

You go!!!!:rockon

Shopping at 3:00AM? No wonder you are exhausted.

I haven't even started my rolls yet. I am still working on my kitchen so that I have room to make them. :blush

You have worked hard, now you can relax and enjoy the holiday a little more, hopefully.