PDA

View Full Version : King Ranch Chicken

klpmommy
12-21-2007, 08:49 AM
since I posted about my KRC mishap in Let's Talk someone asked for the recipe. This is easy & yummy.

2 cans cream of-- soup, I usually use cream of chicken & cream of mushroom or cream of celery
1 can chicken broth
1 can rotel tomatoes
12 corn tortillas
either 3-4 lbs of chicken breasts boiled & cut into chunks or 2 cans of chicken breasts
1 c chopped onion
grated cheese

1. prep chicken
2. greast 9x13 casserole dish
3. combine soups, broth, tomatoes
4. cut tortillas in 1/4
5. Layer 1/2 tortillas, 1/2 chicken, 1/2 onion, 1/2 cheese. Pour 1/2 soup mixture on top.
6. Repeat layers, but make the cheese the top layer.
Bake for 60 min at 350
Let sit for 10 min before serving

pastelsummer
12-21-2007, 11:33 AM
oh that sounds nummy!!!!!! i will have to make some maybe for tonights dinner!!! mmmmmmm

JJsMom
12-21-2007, 12:16 PM
How do you think this would be without cheese? I know I've thought about making enchiladas without cheese but seriously, what's the point? I think the cheese would be really missed, but this one might still be good. :shrug
I know there are recipes for df cream soups, I'd have to look that up too. This sounds really yummy. :yum

klpmommy
12-21-2007, 12:23 PM
well, it tastes good w/o chicken :giggle It might taste pretty good w/o the cheese, it wouldn't hurt to try

mom2threegirls
12-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh yummy! I'm definitely going to make some tonight for dinner. It looks really easy too!

Do you think I could sub flour tortillas for the corn? I only have flour... :think

klpmommy
12-21-2007, 02:05 PM
the flour would probably be pretty mushy. The corn get mushy & you know how hard they are to start with. I am not a cook, I am horrible at substitutions, so I really don't know. Maybe with less soup? :shrug

mom2threegirls
12-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah they probably would get pretty mushy... :think. I don't have the corn because they are hard and we normally don't like them ;). I was planning on getting to the store today anyway- I think I'll add corn tortillas to the list :yes. I'm not too good with substitutions either but I like to experiment sometimes- you should see some of the things I've come up with- "Well, it was supposed to be really good. I just substituted applesauce for the egg, and olive oil for the butter, and stevia for the brown sugar, oh and I left a couple things out because we didn't have them... I can't imagine why it didn't work!" :shifty :giggle.