PDA

View Full Version : December Housekeeping Challenge #19

rstump
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Challenge #19 - Holiday Preparation - Prepare for your upcoming holiday cooking. Dump lost leftovers, wipe shelves and sticky spots, check those expiration dates, make shopping list, finish your holiday meal plan then take some time to look at local sale flyers to get the best deals.(40pts)

Bonus #19 - Wipe down the door knobs & light switches. Little hands often leave LOTS of little finger prints. Wipe them down especially the area right around them. (20pts)

Dailys
Declutter Challenge- 15 min - Turn those hangers. (got this idea off another thread). Turn the hangers on your clothes around backwards. When you wear them and they come out of the wash...hang them up correctly. In 6 mon - 1 year....you will be able to clearly see what clothes you really wear and which you don't. Easy way to declutter those clothes (10pts)

HOTS SPOTS....keep them on track (10pts)
Where's your Laundry (10pts)
Shiny Sink - 10pts

Challengers & Points (updated 11/19 1am EST)

abbieroads/Abbi 275
diamondintherough 45
dylansmom/leah 1690
ElectricFaith/Terra 940
FROGmama/Lorene 1455
greendelight/Nickie 350
Happymom/Andrea 810
hink4687/Nici 585
Joyful Mama/Jen 1200
KatieMae/Katie 1230
Kateissavedbgrace/Kat 570
Ladybugs984/Sam 575
lksparks00/Laura 1460
MamaBee/Haley 55
Marathonmom/Katie 55
milkmommy/Deanna 190
MommyTay/Tay 545
momof3muffins/Heather 730
naturallia/Tishia 980
NayneeNoo/Amy 990
Niphredil/Lindsay 45
phathui5 100
Playful Mommy/Sheryl 165
purstrength/Kat 1530
rdkkks/Rachelle 45
Riverrock/ 1185
rstump/Renee 1595
Sonshinemama/Jodi 1485
WI Mama 05/Kim 1270

rstump
12-19-2007, 07:24 PM
:scratch

purstrength
12-19-2007, 08:20 PM
:scratch

:shrug I dunno...I don't usually post early in the day.

Challenge #19 - Holiday Preparation - (40pts) Cleaned out fridge and grocery shopped for the next couple days until we leave.

Bonus #19 - Wipe down the door knobs & light switches. Little hands often leave LOTS of little finger prints. Wipe them down especially the area right around them. (20pts) I did this yesterday.

Dailys
Declutter Challenge- 15 min - Turn those hangers. (10pts) Done! I did dh's too. He's going to love this! :giggle :shifty

HOTS SPOTS....keep them on track (10pts) Good!
Where's your Laundry (10pts) Done.
Shiny Sink - 10pts Shiny!

naturallia
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Challenge #19 - Holiday Preparation - Done!

Bonus #19 - I didn't do this- the light switches looked fine to me.

Dailys
Declutter Challenge- Done! Whew, what a workout it was turning the clothes around! :phew

HOTS SPOTS....keep them on track (10pts) Half-done. :rolleyes I haven't picked up the toys and I'm too tired to do that now. :yawn
Where's your Laundry (10pts) Caught up.
Shiny Sink - 10pts Yep, it's clean.

Myrtle
12-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Challenge #19 - Holiday Preparation - Prepare for your upcoming holiday cooking. Dump lost leftovers, wipe shelves and sticky spots, check those expiration dates, make shopping list, finish your holiday meal plan then take some time to look at local sale flyers to get the best deals.(40pts)
done

Dailys
Declutter Challenge- 15 min - Turn those hangers. (got this idea off another thread). Turn the hangers on your clothes around backwards. When you wear them and they come out of the wash...hang them up correctly. In 6 mon - 1 year....you will be able to clearly see what clothes you really wear and which you don't. Easy way to declutter those clothes (10pts) I just read that same article :giggle Didn't do it though b/c I went through and decluttered it recently. I'm always getting rid of clothes for some reason.

HOTS SPOTS....keep them on track (10pts) done
Where's your Laundry (10pts) done
Shiny Sink - 10pts done

ElectricEarth
12-20-2007, 06:54 AM
I only got my laundry caught up.

rstump
12-20-2007, 08:42 AM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=150012.0

:heart :heart

tempus vernum
12-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Maybe everyone wasn't quite done like me :O We had a playdate yesterday morning and had to make a quick run to the hospital so I didn't get much but the daily stuff done yesterday. I just finished my bonus from yesterday and am taking a break Off to finish the challenge before I post that it's done :shifty - I amclose to being done but need to check the for "stickies"

As far as ideas and looking aroundmy house, here is what i need to do
*dust
*vaccuum
*change sheets
*inspect walls for "yuckies" and clean (I don't "wash walls" but only wash dirties. I have been skipping this lately when I clean)

I'll keep thinking and be back when I'm done with the challenge to update :phew I am so thankful for this challenge right now - It's keepingme moving on my house instead of sitting around being grumpy :blush

tempus vernum
12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Challenge #19 - Holiday Preparation - Prepare for your upcoming holiday cooking. Dump lost leftovers, wipe shelves and sticky spots, check those expiration dates, make shopping list, finish your holiday meal plan then take some time to look at local sale flyers to get the best deals.(40pts) DONE

Bonus #19 - Wipe down the door knobs & light switches. Little hands often leave LOTS of little finger prints. Wipe them down especially the area right around them. (20pts) DONE

Dailys
Declutter Challenge- 15 min - Turn those hangers. (got this idea off another thread). Turn the hangers on your clothes around backwards. When you wear them and they come out of the wash...hang them up correctly. In 6 mon - 1 year....you will be able to clearly see what clothes you really wear and which you don't. Easy way to declutter those clothes (10pts) DONE I decluttered something else though didn't do my hangers -- because some of our rods hang backwards sometimes our hangers end up hanging 2 different ways :blush

HOTS SPOTS....keep them on track (10pts) DONE

Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE

Shiny Sink - 10pts DONE

RiverRock
12-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Fridge done
Declutter done (but I did recycling and even took our bags of cans, etc to the depot)
Sink done
Laundry done

My hot spots are warming up and I'm starting to lose the order in my laundry room... :hissyfit

KatieMae
12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Challenge #19 - Holiday Preparation - (40pts) DONE

Dailys

joyful mama
12-20-2007, 01:58 PM
had houseguests, dogsat and had dinner guests, so...

just did hotspots and sink shining :heart

dylansmom
12-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Challenge #19 - Holiday Preparation - Prepare for your upcoming holiday cooking. Dump lost leftovers, wipe shelves and sticky spots, check those expiration dates, make shopping list, finish your holiday meal plan then take some time to look at local sale flyers to get the best deals.(40pts) DONE!

Dailys
Declutter Challenge- 15 min - Worked on decluttering my bedroom! (10pts)

Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE
Shiny Sink - 10pts Sink is shiny!

tryin-to-FROG
12-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Ok better late than never:)

Challenge #19 - Holiday Preparation - Prepare for your upcoming holiday cooking. Dump lost leftovers, wipe shelves and sticky spots, check those expiration dates, make shopping list, finish your holiday meal plan then take some time to look at local sale flyers to get the best deals.(40pts) DONE!

Bonus #19 - Wipe down the door knobs & light switches. Little hands often leave LOTS of little finger prints. Wipe them down especially the area right around them. (20pts) DONE!

Dailys
Declutter Challenge- 15 min - Turn those hangers. (got this idea off another thread). Turn the hangers on your clothes around backwards. When you wear them and they come out of the wash...hang them up correctly. In 6 mon - 1 year....you will be able to clearly see what clothes you really wear and which you don't. Easy way to declutter those clothes (10pts) DONE!

[/quote]