PDA

View Full Version : What are your goals each day? Do you meet them?

Love
12-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I am asking because I keep feeling like I am not doing all I should, but then I think maybe I am trying to do too much at this stage in life.

So what do you aim for each day? And do you usually get there?

I mean things like, each day-
-have the DC eat fresh friuts and veggies
-less than one hour of media
-DC in bed at 9 p.m.
-read children stories
-everyone has bath
-you and DH get some alone time
-alone time with each child
-each child does certain chores
Those are just some possible examples we all could have, and they could go on and on... I just wonder what the norm is, yk?

I just haven't been getting much of anything done lately, between not feeling well and being pregnant, and I keep making up little lists of what I would like to be doing, and we never actually reach that point. It seems like I have better days when we have no expectations. Then we are much more laid-back and in a fun mood, and anything important we get done is bonus. Sometimes we even get more done on those days, so maybe I am going about it all wrong. :phew

My DC are 8, 6, 3, 1, and due in spring, and we HS, and DH works from home. So maybe that is where the craziness comes from. :giggle

ellies mom
12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Honestly, and especially since I'm pregnant, my goal is to get both me and my daughter through the day some what sane and in one piece. If she gets fresh air these days I consider it a bonus. Some days I do better than other and some days are worse.

Yuliana
12-19-2007, 12:40 PM
My goals each day are:

Go to work on time
Cook healthy dinner once I get home at night
Help Michael w/ his hw
Spend quality time w/ them
Keep the apt. clean
Wash pumping supplies
Sleep

Do I meet my goals?

Nope :no2

HomeWithMyBabies
12-19-2007, 01:11 PM
My goals are really just the bare minimum. Cleaning that must be done, cooking, routines, etc. Extra stuff is a bonus. I had things more firmed up at one point, and I will again, it's just harder for me when it's cold and during the holiday season. :scarf

AdrienneQW
12-19-2007, 01:16 PM
My #1 goal is to promote and display an attitude and environment of kindness and love in my home. On the days I can meet that goal, I consider the day a "success" no matter what else happened. ;)

My secondary goals include things like:
- getting the kids to bed at or near bedtime
- providing reasonably healthy meals
- playing with them on the floor on their level, whatever they want to do, for at least a while
- reading out loud several times during the day
- limiting media and making good choices when I do allow screen time
- keeping the house moderately tidy
- getting everyone some fresh air and big muscle movement time

I generally fall short on one or two of those every day (usually keeping things tidy!). But really for me, a successful day is not defined by what my kids do, but by how I respond to what they do. When they have meltdowns, do I support and love them or do I get snarky and snappish? When they disobey do I show them firm and loving guidance or do I try to shame and manipulate them?

My homeschooling goals are simple - read to DS every day and do my best to answer his questions throughout the day honestly and with intention rather than brushing them off or, um, making something up. :bag He's a fabulously curious boy, so I realized that by doing those two things, he'll get plenty of "education" in the course of our day without having to make him do seat work or anything else too structured. :tu