PDA

View Full Version : Tip for getting whole wheat bread to rise better.

Close2MyHeart
12-17-2007, 10:12 AM
I've always had trouble getting my 100% whole wheat bread to rise. :shrug I've talked w/ other people who have had th same problem. Well, I came up w/ this solution today and it worked great. :tu It rose w/in 1/2 hr. :tu

I preheated the oven to 250 degrees and also boiled some water. I put the boiled water in a bowl on the bottom shelf of my oven, then shut the oven off. Then I put the bread in the greased loaf pan & put it on the top shelf of my oven.

It rose so fast and doubled in size... and it seems fluffier than it usually does. :tu

RealLifeMama
01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
:cool
Thanks for the tip!

KatieMae
01-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I was just coming on to post this question - I have two very very flat loaves of bread on my counter at the moment :shifty - but I'll definitely give this a shot next time, thanks!!!

blossomnatalia
01-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Oh my goodness... I am so scared of trying.....AGAIN

I have failed yeast bread COUNTLESS times.... I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
(So now I pay my friend for a weekly 100% freshly ground organic whole wheat loaf.... :yum)

but hearing your tip makes me want to try again :nails

sounds too good to be true..at least for me...yeast breads don't like me very much :no2

I will let you know if I do try and if I succeed!

Close2MyHeart
01-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Natalia,

Do you have a bread machine? I have a recipe for whole wheat bread made in the bread machine. I don't like the way the crust turns out, so I just set it on dough cycle and then put it in a pan and do this rise technique and it turns out great. :tu

blossomnatalia
01-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Natalia,

Do you have a bread machine? I have a recipe for whole wheat bread made in the bread machine. I don't like the way the crust turns out, so I just set it on dough cycle and then put it in a pan and do this rise technique and it turns out great. :tu

no..no bread machine here...

but the more I think about it... I just need to give ONE MORE try...with this technique maybe it will work.
My friend I buy my bread from is about to pop so she might not be making those much longer.... :think

Will let you know...