PDA

View Full Version : How to get marker stain out of jeans

hink4687
12-15-2007, 08:51 AM
I just bought a new pair of jeans and got home and they have a marker stain on them. :( I went to return them but they no longer have that style in my size and I love them so they gave me a portion of my money back. So now I gotta figure out how to get it out! Any great ideas?

BHope
12-15-2007, 09:36 AM
I've heard good things about hairspray... but don't do anything until someone more knowledgeable confirms or denies my statement. :shifty

RiverRock
12-16-2007, 09:19 PM
It's the alcohol in the hairspray...if you have rubbing alcohol that would be the best, if not the hairspray might work. My second line of defense is Fantastic cleaner. I'm not sure I want to know what's in there, but it gets almost all stains out for me. :shrug Wishing you success!

tempus vernum
12-17-2007, 11:11 PM
I would definitely start with rubbing alcohol cuz I too have always heard hairspray.

But in better basics for the home under ball point in ink she suggests you soak in vodka - kinda the same concept I guess :think .

Hope you get it out. That's a bummer :td

hink4687
12-17-2007, 11:15 PM
I meant to post an update! I did get it out! I started with hairspray and it worked like a charm. :rockon Thanks!

tempus vernum
12-17-2007, 11:27 PM
I meant to post an update! I did get it out! I started with hairspray and it worked like a charm. :rockon Thanks!

:tu I'll remember that - or I'll forget and have to post someday and you can remind me ;)