PDA

View Full Version : Dec Messies Challenge #9

inesperada
12-13-2007, 10:21 PM
It's no wonder I'm a messy....I lose all motivation when I get tired. I didn't accomplish much outside of parenting today. So tomorrow, I need something quick & satisfying because once I get started I'll keep going!

Challenge: Let's do toilets & mirrors like last Friday! (20 pts)

Bonus #1: What do you need to do for the holidays? Wrap presents? Clear out some old stuff to make room for the new? Bake cookies? Get something done! (15 pts)

Bonus #2: Where's the spot that you would most like to sit back and relax while looking at the clean room around you? Make that room and extra hot spot and spend 20 minutes in it. (20 pts)

Daily Tasks:

Hot spots! (10 pts)
Dishes! (10 pts)
New! Decluttering bonus daily task - 5 points for every 5 things you clear out.

Participants:

nebraskanmom - 398pts
AandNsMom - 175 pts
klpmommy - 486 pts
Lula -
greenjellysnakes - 535 pts
hey mommy - 65 pts
JoyInTheSpirit -
kandykidsaturn -
Forgiven - 382 pts
mom2threegirls - 249pts
blessedwithboys - 40 pts
roomama - 175 pts
erinee - 290
MommyCRat - 176

klpmommy
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
It's no wonder I'm a messy....I lose all motivation when I get tired. I didn't accomplish much outside of parenting today.

from one messy to another- that is so much more important. :hug Your kids appreciated it. :yes

darn, toilets again? Didn't we just do them? They don't look gross yet, do I really need to clean them again? :shifty :O (um, yeah, that is one of many reasons why I am a messy. It is also why I love to shovel snow, I like to see the progress I am making. Preventative maintence just doesn't do it for me)

inesperada
12-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I *totally* understand. I need to see progress, too. I feel like I hit a plateau over the weekend and got to the point of organizing where it was going to get worse before it got better. I just needed something that would take less than 5 minutes with no thinking involved to jump start me, hopefully into bonus land.

Please PM me or post if you have more suggestions of challenges that we can do and really see the results!

klpmommy
12-14-2007, 06:02 AM
Just b/c I need to see progress doesn't mean that the toilets don't need to be cleaned. but that was my falling out w/ flylady. :giggle besides, it is nice to have clean toilets. and it doesn't take long when i keep up.

:hug

oh, microwaves :shifty

inesperada
12-14-2007, 07:53 AM
But microwave is the one I am avoiding! :snooty :shifty

blessedwithboys
12-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Hey :) Just a note to tell all the other messies that I *am* reading and participating. I just keep forgetting to come back and post points. :doh I'll try to remember today!!! My house is actually already fairly clean today because I've got a friend coming over while I run out to an appointment. :giggle Of course, my standard of "fairly clean" differs from that of a lot of people. :bag

Good job everyone!!!

inesperada
12-14-2007, 08:01 AM
ITU - my 'fairly clean' - still makes me feel the need to make excuses. :shifty But I was raised in an absolutely pristine house, so anything less than pristine makes me feel anxious and guilty....which may be why I tend to try to avoid it altogether. :think

klpmommy
12-14-2007, 08:13 AM
I was raised in a total pit. My mom might vaccuum once a year. So there is a part of me that thinks since I am not that bad ..... but I still need to do more. At least I don't have every plastic grocery bag I have ever gotten on the floor of the laundry room or newspapers stacked from last year by my chair. :shifty See, I rationalize the mess away.

Liz, one of the *best* purchases I made was one of those microwave food covers. I got my first one at ikea for $1 and after I melted that (you can't put your bag of micro popcorn on top of it) I got another one at Target for around $2. It really helps minimize the mess in the microwave. :yes

We have company tonight, too, so I have to get crackin'. But at least the main level isn't disgusting. :/

blessedwithboys
12-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I was raised in a total pit. My mom might vaccuum once a year. So there is a part of me that thinks since I am not that bad ..... but I still need to do more. At least I don't have every plastic grocery bag I have ever gotten on the floor of the laundry room or newspapers stacked from last year by my chair. :shifty See, I rationalize the mess away.

:yes This is the case for me too. I just rationalize it away. My computer desk is absolutely embarrassing, but it's okay because there's not actually any old food on it, and all the papers are from, oh about the last 2 months. :doh

Although, in another way, I'm hyper sensitive about *any* mess in my house, because I was raised in such a mess. I feel very self conscious about my house even when it's absolutely sparkling. :blush

klpmommy
12-15-2007, 06:39 AM
I got nothing done. I was busy getting ready for company & by the time they left I didn't want to mess with dishes. :sigh

inesperada
12-15-2007, 11:46 AM
I didn't get anything done, either. I'm declaring Saturday rest & catch up day with a laundry bonus and the daily tasks.

RealLifeMama
12-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Sorry I have not been around. My mom came into town Thursday. We were super busy Friday. I try to do my best to not be messy while she is here (try is the operative word!) and have been doing stuff, but I am really too exhausted to look and see what I have done pointwise, and I can't remember what I have done anyway, so :shrug.

Liz, one of the *best* purchases I made was one of those microwave food covers. I got my first one at ikea for $1 and after I melted that (you can't put your bag of micro popcorn on top of it) I got another one at Target for around $2. It really helps minimize the mess in the microwave. :yes

We have company tonight, too, so I have to get crackin'. But at least the main level isn't disgusting. :/

About the microwave, I actually do an OK job keping mine up. One thing I have been doing is microwaving my cello sponge that I use for the sink in there. I wring it in vinegar and then microwave it, then wipe out the microwave.

Company is a good motivator.

klpmommy
12-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I didn't get anything done, either. I'm declaring Saturday rest & catch up day with a laundry bonus and the daily tasks.

:rockon

Company is a good motivator.

:yes

klpmommy
12-16-2007, 06:55 PM
This weekend: dishes & hotspots on Saturday- 20 pts
laundry- 3 loads completed- 30 pts

Sunday- dishes 10 pts
Christmas tasks- 10 pts

:bag

70 pts and my house looks like a disaster.

RooMama
12-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh goodness, I completely missed this thread. I have a cold and today was a busy Sunday. Oh well.

My mom always kept the house nice, but my bedroom was always a mess. i guess i've just always been a messie. :sigh

mom2threegirls
12-17-2007, 12:58 PM
We were so busy this weekend I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but I DID do some maintenance stuff which is an improvement for me. Normally when we're so busy I just let it all go and then have a hard time catching up later.

Saturday:

Dishes and hotspots 20points
4 loads of laundry (actually did some of it friday, and totally finished it sunday am) completely done 40 points
20 items decluttered (mostly thrown out, a few for goodwill) 20 points

Sunday: dishes 10 points

Oh! and I did one thing i have REALLY been needing to do around the house that has kept me from getting to other stuff. I put up new hardware on all the cabinets in my kitchen! And it looks really great :smile. I had some leftover so I put them on the cabinets in the girls' bathroom :rockon. 15 points

Gosh, I didn't get to the Christmas stuff. Oh well.

My house looks like a disaster too, Kimberly :sigh. But much LESS of a disaster than it would be if I wasn't doing all this!