PDA

View Full Version : December Housekeeping Challenge #13

rstump
12-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Challenge #13 - Clean UNDER your couch cushions. (20pts)

Bonus #13 - Scrub out your microwave/Toaster Oven (20pts)

Daily's (No more will be added :yes)
Declutter - 15 min - Idea: Bathroom under the sink (10pts)
Put out those HOTS SPOTS (10pts)
Where's your Laundry (10pts)
Shiny Sink - (10pts)

Challengers & Points (updated 12/13 8am)

abbieroads/Abbi 275
diamondintherough 45
dylansmom/leah 1115
ElectricFaith/Terra 565
FROGmama/Lorene 960
greendelight/Nickie 350
Happymom/Andrea 810
hink4687/Nici 555
Joyful Mama/Jen 720
KatieMae/Katie 855
Kateissavedbgrace/Kat 400
Ladybugs984/Sam 575
lksparks00/Laura 945
MamaBee/Haley 55
Marathonmom/Katie 55
milkmommy/Deanna 190
MommyTay/Tay 240
momof3muffins/Heather 710
naturallia/Tishia 355
NayneeNoo/Amy 990
Niphredil/Lindsay 45
Playful Mommy/Sheryl 165
purstrength/Kat 905
rdkkks/Rachelle 45
Riverrock/ 630
rstump/Renee 1040
Sonshinemama/Jodi 1030
WI Mama 05/Kim 1160

Just an FYI - I will be gone all day today. I work out of the house one day a month and tomorrow is it. And then my Mom's group is doing their secret sister swap so I won't be home until very late. I will get challenge 14 posted either late tomorrow night or first thing Friday morning.

Keep up the good work everyone. Remember the point is the BLESS YOUR HOME. Make what you need to do fit what we are doing if you can. I am trying to be REALLY liberal with points so you do SOMETHING to bless your home. You will get credit. :heart These are just ideas to keep us motivated.

joyful mama
12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
:heart :heart

tryin-to-FROG
12-12-2007, 09:21 PM
aaahhh I just peeked under my couch cushions-wow you must have peeked too:) yucky stuff- great ideas- thanks for not adding to the dailys:) :giggle

WI Mama05
12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
subbing. Great ideas for tomorrow. I'm starting to feel buried with all i have to do. Sadly, (or maybe not ;)) these challenges help me focus! I'll be gone half the day tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get to it. Only three more days until we're gone!

HummusDip
12-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I just have to say I'm so happy I've joined these challenges. My home has never been so clean and blessed! The whole house is happy! My dh keeps commenting how nice it looks. He said "will you get some bonus points if your husband tells you to quit cleaning and relax for awhile?" :giggle What he doesn't get is that I have been relaxing! I don't feel burnt out AT ALL! It's just enough to keep my house clean and keep my challenged but not too much where I feel overwhelmed. I love being held accountable (to myself) on here and I love the motivation. I just can't get over how happy I am with these challenges!

As for tomorrow, I don't have couch cushions because we have a futon for a couch. But I will wash the cover on it, how about that?

Also we don't own a microwave or toaster oven, but I do have a toaster. So I will clean that thoroughly and boy does it need it! :O

And it's as if you Renee walked into my home and looked under my sink! It's so messy and disorganized and messy. Oh goodness. I will enjoy getting that under control tomorrow. I need some baskets to organize all the stuff under there...hmmm I think I may run to the dollar store to get some tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow everyone! :rockon

purstrength
12-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Today will be easy for me. We don't have a microwave, toaster oven, or couch cushions! :giggle

I want to do some major work in my spare bedroom though. :)

Myrtle
12-13-2007, 06:20 AM
quick question, once the hot spots are under control, will we get points for keeping them that way? I still have a few to work on, but the ones I started taking care of daily earlier this month are no longer hot spots. Knowing I have to keep a check on them, I've just stopped putting stuff down there and started putting it away. Sometimes, I just put stuff "away" by putting it in another hot spot, but once I hit those spots and it becomes habit, I'll clear them out also.

So, like the laundry, if the hot spots are caught up, will that count?

And no, points don't motivate me at all :shifty :O :giggle

rstump
12-13-2007, 06:22 AM
quick question, once the hot spots are under control, will we get points for keeping them that way? I still have a few to work on, but the ones I started taking care of daily earlier this month are no longer hot spots. Knowing I have to keep a check on them, I've just stopped putting stuff down there and started putting it away. Sometimes, I just put stuff "away" by putting it in another hot spot, but once I hit those spots and it becomes habit, I'll clear them out also.

Points for laundry caught up and hot spots clean. What ever that means to you! :) So yes....hot spots that are no longer hot spots....are even BETTER....that means that habit has been learned!

Myrtle
12-13-2007, 06:25 AM
well, I still have spots to work on, but in another week I think they'll be gone, too. WooHoo! :)

tempus vernum
12-13-2007, 06:28 AM

Wow, you rock :rockon No matter how many years I have been cleaning my hot spots, they still exist :shrug I dump things there, dh dumps things there, the kids dump things there :O . I will say cleaning them daily means that they are actually gone every day at least once and much less messy in general :) BUt . . . .WOW! I am wowed

ElectricEarth
12-13-2007, 06:20 PM
I did my laundry, hot spots, and sink

Myrtle
12-13-2007, 06:29 PM

done. amazing what one can find under one's couch cushions.

did microwave and toaster oven

Declutter - 15 min - Idea: Bathroom under the sink (10pts)

done. amazing what one can find under one's bathroom sink :hunh

done
caught up
Shiny Sink - (10pts)
done

KatieMae
12-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Challenge #13 - Clean UNDER your couch cushions. (20pts) DONE
Bonus #13 - Scrub out your microwave/Toaster Oven (20pts) Hmm, maybe tomorrow :yes2

Daily's
Declutter - 15 min - (10pts) MAYBE? I wrapped all our Christmas gifts & Lilia's birthday gifts - since they had been sitting on my kitchen counter and dining table and dining room floor, does that count as "decluttering"? It sure looks a lot happier in here :smile
Put out those HOTS SPOTS (10pts) DONE
Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE
Shiny Sink - (10pts) DONE

I'm so pumped up about this challenge stuff that it's starting to affect the rest of my home-life as well. I just wrote a way-too-long blog post about it, but in short, thanks for all the inspiration everyone - Renee especially! :grouphug

tempus vernum
12-13-2007, 07:26 PM
These three done - nothing else as I can't do much right now! and what is done is dh's doing :heart :heart What a guy

Shiny Sink - (10pts)

momof3muffins
12-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I think laundry is the only thing I did from the list. I finished wrapping my Christmas presents, put together all the toys from dh's family Christmas, did some packing for our vacation, did a bunch of errands, and went to get a pedicure and manicure with my sil (her friend bailed on her so she asked me and then asked my mil to watch my kids for me).

purstrength
12-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Challenge #13 - Clean UNDER your couch cushions. (20pts) I decluttered and reorganized the walk-in closet in the spare bedroom. (I don't have a couch. ;) )

Bonus #13 - Scrub out your microwave/Toaster Oven (20pts) Don't have either of these either...hoping to get a toaster oven for Christmas! :shifty

Daily's (No more will be added nodding head yes)
Declutter - 15 min - Idea: Bathroom under the sink (10pts) All good~
Put out those HOTS SPOTS (10pts) Extinguished!
Where's your Laundry (10pts) A blanket done. Whites and colors sorted for tomorrow.
Shiny Sink - (10pts) Nice & Shiny! :)

tryin-to-FROG
12-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Challenge #13 - Clean UNDER your couch cushions. (20pts) Done!- I am now 81 cents richer:)

Bonus #13 - Scrub out your microwave/Toaster Oven (20pts) DONE!I scrubbed the micro AND the toaster oven:)

Declutter - 15 min - Idea: Bathroom under the sink (10pts) I didnt do but will do tomorrow..will update when done:)
Put out those HOTS SPOTS (10pts) didn't do:(
Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE
Shiny Sink - (10pts) DONE

[

HummusDip
12-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Shiny Sink - (10pts)

Done, Done, and Done! 30pts

WI Mama05
12-14-2007, 06:12 AM
I had a THROBBING headache most of the day yesterday, :sick so the only thing I got done was the decluttering - I did my "tupperware" cupboard since my toddler pulled it all out anyway :shrug.

I might try to do the challenges today, we'll see.....

joyful mama
12-14-2007, 06:53 AM
challenge #13- DONE
bonus #13- DONE

laundry up to date
hot spots cooled down X2

RiverRock
12-14-2007, 08:45 AM
went to get a pedicure and manicure with my sil
That's 50 pts, right? :jump2

Yesterday I managed to shine my sink (10pts), and declutter and wipe down the pantry (15). Low points day, but my focus was on cooking and I made huge batches of chili and make-ahead mashed potatoes to bless my family!

I'll do my sofa cushions today while I vacuum the floors...but don't give me points yet!

rstump
12-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey girls....I am trying to catch up and get a new challenge posted. I am sick.

rstump
12-14-2007, 10:01 AM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=149174.0

joyful mama
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
(((Renee)))

HummusDip
12-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Bonus #13 - Scrub out your microwave/Toaster Oven (20pts) Done! 20pts

naturallia
12-17-2007, 11:28 PM

Done! So that's where the crayons and DH's pipes went!

Done! Yech, it really needed it.

dylansmom
12-18-2007, 02:43 AM
Challenge #13 - Clean UNDER your couch cushions. (20pts) DONE!

Bonus #13 - Scrub out your microwave/Toaster Oven (20pts) DONE!

Daily's (No more will be added )
Declutter - 15 min - Idea: Bathroom under the sink (10pts) DONE
Put out those HOTS SPOTS (10pts) DONE
Where's your Laundry (10pts) in the hamper - we had no water for laundry! (but, hey! at least it's not on the floor!!)
Shiny Sink - (10pts) not tonight - due to Tropical Storm Olga, we had no running water for doing the dishes! And it would have taken way too much of our drinking water.