PDA

View Full Version : How do I arrange this???

thomlynn
12-11-2007, 10:24 AM
We have a three bedroom house. One extra room is the guest room/craft room/junk room (we don't have tons of junk so it's not too bad) and dd's room. She is 1.5yo and it basicly stores her toys, clothes and is a place to change diapers. She doesn't sleep in there and I don't see her moving there anytime soon and she doesn't really play in there either.

In the guest room we have a twin bed with a trundle. It has two foam mattresses that are terrible. My parents (pretty much the only people that stay overnight here) can not stay more than one night at a time b/c the mattresses are so bad. The trundle is kept underneath the bed b/c there isn't enough room to always have both beds out unless there's a reason. Both will fit, it's just more cramped.

We just got a real twin bed (great deal from a friend of dh). It's got a box spring, real mattress and frame. b/c of the box spring the trundle will not fit underneath the real bed.

I want guest to be able to sleep on the real bed (mainly my mom), but I don't know where to put it. If I put it in the guest room then I will have the real bed and the bed/trundle and the room will be pretty cramped. If I put it in dd's room then guest will either have to chose between sleeping on the bad mattress or in dd's room, and if both my parents come at the same room they would end up sleeping in seperate rooms (which I really don't think would be much of a problem honestly, they drive each other crazy :blush).

There's always the option of moving the changing table into our bedroom and turning dd's bedroom into more a guest room. Two beds won't fit in there with the changing table but I could make it work if we moved the table. Plus then I could turn to former guest room into a playroom/homeschool room but we plan on moving when the market is better (couple years) and dd still won't be doing school stuff by then. But it would be nice to have a place for her crafty stuff (crayons, paint) that we didn't have to have cleaned up for dinner.

And btw new babe is another girl so she'll fit right into dd's girly painted room (not that it matters, but I did get some comments about where we would put a boy, since he couldn't possibly go into a room with pink :hunh :scratch) we'll just have to make room in the closet but I don't see much else changing as far as that's concerned.

Any ideas???? I feel like I'm doing a brain teaser.

Close2MyHeart
12-12-2007, 05:59 AM
Is the guest room bigger or smaller than DD's room. If it's smaller, maybe you could switch guest rooms w/ DD's room? :think

:lol about a boy and a girl room... DS3 sleeps in his sister's very girl, very purple room. :giggle There are butterflies and flowers all over the room, but it doesn't seem to bother him. :giggle

I don't think I was much help... maybe by bumping this someone will have some other ideas. :)

KatieMae
12-12-2007, 06:45 AM
I would agree that the larger room should be the guest room if you don't think DD will be moving into her own room anytime soon. (And you can always paint the room if you think your parents wouldn't want to sleep in a girly room :giggle) If you put the two twin-size beds in the same room, try putting them in an L-shape instead of on parallel walls w/ just a narrow walkway between them; it'll help the room to feel more open. You might also want to watch for a good, gently-used bed on Craig's List if you want both your guests to be comfy & have a few dollars to invest in it.

Once you decide whose room is whose, I would then look at ALL the stuff you have to put in these two rooms and divide it out in a sensible way. All the toys together, all the clothes together, all the crafts together, etc and then choose a room to put each of the groups in. Crafts would probably be good in the guest room - maybe the "junk" could be put in the closet in that room too... assuming you actually need to keep it all, definitely re-evaluate what you need to keep!