PDA

View Full Version : Dec Housekeeping Challenge #11

rstump
12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Challenge #11 - Mop the kitchen and scrub the edges of the floor under the cabinets. Those baseboards in the kitchen seem to get gunky easily. Get it all clean and REALLY clean. (20pts)

Bonus #11 - Vacuum or mop additional rooms (20pts/room)

NEW addition to the DAILY List
Declutter - Declutter.....for 15 min... You can do whatever spot you want in the house.....best to do in 5 minute increments. Each day I will give you an idea. (15 pts)

Declutter Idea - Pantry! Get rid of those foods you will never eat or shouldn't eat. What do you have too much of or don't need. Find some place to donate them....church, food pantry.

HOTS SPOTS (10pts)
Where's your Laundry (10pts)
Shiny Sink - (10pts)

Challengers & Points :heart (update 11/11 1:00pm EST)

abbieroads/Abbi 275
Close2myheart/Becca 660
diamondintherough 45
dylansmom/leah 795
ElectricFaith/Terra 495
FROGmama/Lorene 740
greendelight/Nickie 350
Happymom/Andrea 630
hink4687/Nici 555
Joyful Mama/Jen 545
KatieMae/Katie 625
Kateissavedbgrace/Kat 200
Ladybugs984/Sam 575
lksparks00/Laura 695
Lula 480
MamaBee/Haley 55
Marathonmom/Katie 55
milkmommy/Deanna 190
MommyTay/Tay 240
momof3muffins/Heather 570
naturallia/Tishia 355
NayneeNoo/Amy 740
Niphredil/Lindsay 45
Playful Mommy/Sheryl 165
purstrength/Kat 665
rdkkks/Rachelle 45
Riverrock/ 320
rstump/Renee 770
Sonshinemama/Jodi 810
WI Mama 05/Kim 790

joyful mama
12-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I mopped the kitchen, living room, dining room, main bath and hall, and kids rooms today (Monday) since we had our party tonight. Can that count for Tuesday? :shifty. I'll definitely remop the kitchen, it needs it daily (read needs, doens't get done daily) and I'll scrub it good :smile, and probably the living room. It needs after partying mopping, but everything else is in great shape.

I will attempt the panty, but I have a really busy day, not sure if I'll get to it all...

purstrength
12-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm getting a mop tomorrow, so this is the perfect challenge for me. :rockon

rstump
12-10-2007, 10:29 PM
I mopped the kitchen, living room, dining room, main bath and hall, and kids rooms today (Monday) since we had our party tonight. Can that count for Tuesday? :shifty. I'll definitely remop the kitchen, it needs it daily (read needs, doens't get done daily) and I'll scrub it good :smile, and probably the living room. It needs after partying mopping, but everything else is in great shape.

I will attempt the panty, but I have a really busy day, not sure if I'll get to it all...

That is great....you are a day ahead......more sitting and drink tea for you. :P~ :rockon (you wish right!)

tryin-to-FROG
12-10-2007, 11:11 PM
question- is cleaning the outsides of the kitchen cupbords part of today- or can that be tomorrow? :heart

HummusDip
12-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Question, how long do you have to do this one? Must it be done on Tuesday? Just wondering because we are going out of town tomorrow and will return Wednesday evening. But I can get this all done on Thursday! If not, no biggie, I'll catch up on the next challenge!

Living My Dream
12-11-2007, 03:56 AM
I seem to be getting iller again, so im just going downhill...

I wondered (and it may make it easier or the main poster) could you put all the challenges up with days for the whole month in one post? and then a seperate post below it for points? That way people can catch up on the days they can.

What do you think?

ElectricEarth
12-11-2007, 05:12 AM
subbing

Close2MyHeart
12-11-2007, 06:27 AM
I'll bbl... I did shine my sink last night. :tu

WI Mama05
12-11-2007, 06:31 AM
LOL! I went through my snack pantry yesterday and took out some things for the foodshelf collections! Then I decluttered my desk/office area :lol. Too funny! My floor REALLY needs mopping too :blush. BBL!

momof3muffins
12-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Laundry is almost done, sink is shiny, three rooms vacuumed and two rooms mopped. I shouldn't get credit for the vacuuming and mopping though - my cleaning lady is here today (I can't do floors because it hurts my back). :O

momof3muffins
12-11-2007, 09:39 AM
I've been decluttering, but it hasn't been the pantry. I'm finally tackling the Christmas presents that have been dumped in the dining room. I spent half an hour unpackaging and sorting where it all goes. Still lots to do, but it's looking much better already!

LadybugSam
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
subbing

rstump
12-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Question, how long do you have to do this one? Must it be done on Tuesday? Just wondering because we are going out of town tomorrow and will return Wednesday evening. But I can get this all done on Thursday! If not, no biggie, I'll catch up on the next challenge!

Do them when you can! This is just about blessing our homes. No deadlines. :heart

rstump
12-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I seem to be getting iller again, so im just going downhill...

I wondered (and it may make it easier or the main poster) could you put all the challenges up with days for the whole month in one post? and then a seperate post below it for points? That way people can catch up on the days they can.

What do you think?

I am so sorry you are sick. I have HG when I am pregnant. I can't even get out of bed for months...much less clean a single thing. I need help even showering.

I am not sure about putting up all the challenges. I think that would be more confusing for me with the points if everyone is jumping a head as well as behind. I don't mind everyone doing things to catch up but it could get REALLY confusing.

Unless that is what everyone wants. I have been making up the challenges as we go along.

NayneeNoo
12-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Challenge #11 - Mop the kitchen and scrub the edges of the floor under the cabinets. Those baseboards in the kitchen seem to get gunky easily. Get it all clean and REALLY clean. (20pts)

Declutter - Declutter.....for 15 min... You can do whatever spot you want in the house.....best to do in 5 minute increments. Each day I will give you an idea. (15 pts)

Declutter Idea - Pantry! Get rid of those foods you will never eat or shouldn't eat. What do you have too much of or don't need. Find some place to donate them....church, food pantry.

HOTS SPOTS (10pts)
Where's your Laundry (10pts)
Shiny Sink - (10pts)

KItchen mopped thoroughly, vacuumed entire house (so, that would be...7 rooms) and mopped both bathrooms.

15 minute declutter done.

Pantry decluttered (which is good, I go grocery shopping tomorrow)

Hot spots cleared
Laundry done

Happy Mom
12-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Didnt have a chance to check in last night!

I dont remember if I told you that my gifts are wrapped....

My sink was shining last night!

Laundry is caught up!

Pantry CLEAN!

Baseboards done too!!! woot!

momof3muffins
12-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Kitchen is done and laundry is done - put away even. :jawdrop

ETA: My cleaning lady vacuumed/mopped another 7 rooms - hey, at least it's done.

KatieMae
12-11-2007, 12:45 PM
subbing

I need a nap before I do anything today (Note, I'm saying this at 2:45pm) I mentioned that I spent two and a half hours raking yesterday - well I woke up several times last night almost in tears because my shoulders & arm muscles hurt so bad. I'm just totally wiped out today. :blue But I got some of those dishes done; one more dishwasher load & I'll actually be able to make & serve dinner!

rstump
12-11-2007, 02:58 PM
How is everyone doing?

Wouldn'tt you know....my 3 yo dropped a HUGE glass of Apple juice in the kitchen during breakfast....good thing I planned on mopping today.

Kitchen is done.
Vacuumed 5 rooms (we only have carpet upstairs)
Swept & Mopped - 9 rooms

Pantry is done....we went on a full Elimination Diet so I boxed up all the "unsafe" foods and put together a large donation box of other items that just don't get eaten.

Hot Spots - done...kitchen counter, Kitchen Table, coffee table & desk

Laundry - did 4 loads and put away 3....only one more to go.

Kitchen is clean for now...dishwasher is running but dinner is still to come.

How is everyone else doing?

I am thinking that 15 min do something for yourself....tea in front of the tree for me....should be a DAILY. :heart :doh

NayneeNoo
12-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Sink shined both last night and tonight, as well.

dylansmom
12-11-2007, 06:22 PM
All the floors were mopped yesterday (does that count?): kitchen, dining room, living room, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, hallway, and porch! Wow! No carpets here - one of the reasons I can't wait to go visit my parents for Christmas!!!!

Counter/shelf - decluttered

Hot spots - clean

Laundry - caught up!

Sink Shiny! - I really think out of all the challenges/bonuses that this one if the most beneficial one for me. It seems like when my sink is shiny, I am more motivated to keep everything else clean!

WI Mama05
12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Challenge #11 - Mop the kitchen and scrub the edges of the floor under the cabinets. Those baseboards in the kitchen seem to get gunky easily. Get it all clean and REALLY clean. (20pts) - DONE and - ICK!!!! :sick

DONE okay, I did the livingroom/office, downstairs hallway, playroom, downstairs bathroom, dining room, kitchen, entry way, stairway, hallway upstairs, girls bedroom, bathroom and our bedroom. However you want to add that up is fine with me :yes. my brain hurts. Even though some are hard-floors, I got my (currently) most FAVORITE household helper on Back Friday - a Bissel Flip Ease! You vacuum on one side and wet-mop on the other. I LOVE IT!!!! At least I don't have to do a deep down vacuum job before we leave on Sunday now! :heart

Declutter - Declutter.....for 15 min... You can do whatever spot you want in the house.....best to do in 5 minute increments. Each day I will give you an idea. (15 pts) DONE Since I did the pantry yesterday, I decluttered in the bedrooms before I vacuumed. Moved out too-small clothes and fans from the summer, some books that are for easter or thanksgiving....that kind of stuff.

HOTS SPOTS (10pts) DONE

Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE

Shiny Sink - (10pts)DONE

rstump
12-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Awesome girls.... I am just getting back on tonight. Off to get my sink shiny AGAIN :phew

momof3muffins
12-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Hot spots done. I have so many things to do tomorrow - I hope the challenges are easy!

purstrength
12-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Challenge #11 - Mop the kitchen and scrub the edges of the floor under the cabinets. Those baseboards in the kitchen seem to get gunky easily. Get it all clean and REALLY clean. (20pts) All done!

Bonus #11 - Vacuum or mop additional rooms (20pts/room) Mopped entryway (not really a room :shifty ). Vacuumed living room, dining room, & bedrooms!

Declutter Idea - Pantry! Get rid of those foods you will never eat or shouldn't eat. What do you have too much of or don't need. Find some place to donate them....church, food pantry. Worked in the spare bedroom. My pantry looks pretty good.

HOTS SPOTS (10pts) Fires are out! :cool
Where's your Laundry (10pts) Sorted...I will probably need to do a load tomorrow. :duck
Shiny Sink - (10pts) Shining!

tryin-to-FROG
12-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Challenge #11 - Mop the kitchen and scrub the edges of the floor under the cabinets. Those baseboards in the kitchen seem to get gunky easily. Get it all clean and REALLY clean. (20pts)DONE!

Bonus #11 - Vacuum or mop additional rooms (20pts/room) 4 more rooms vacuumed

Declutter - Declutter.....for 15 min... You can do whatever spot you want in the house.....best to do in 5 minute increments. Each day I will give you an idea. (15 pts) Pantry Done!!

HOTS SPOTS (10pts) DONE
Where's your Laundry (10pts) DONE
Shiny Sink - (10pts) DONE!

tryin-to-FROG
12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
oh and no more adding to the daily list please :blush :phew Off to finish the laundry ..... :heart
(at least for now)...

ElectricEarth
12-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Vacuumed 2 rooms
Decluttered pantry
Caught up laundry
Shiny sink

naturallia
12-11-2007, 11:49 PM
So what's the difference between decluttering and hotspots? Isn't that the same thing? :shifty

KatieMae
12-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Challenge #11 - Mop the kitchen and scrub the edges of the floor under the cabinets. Those baseboards in the kitchen seem to get gunky easily. Get it all clean and REALLY clean. (20pts) NOPE

Bonus #11 - Vacuum or mop additional rooms (20pts/room) NOPE

Declutter - for 15 min (15 pts) PANTRY DONE! And I have one cloth grocery bag full of canned goods to donate :woohoo
HOTS SPOTS (10pts) NOPE
Where's your Laundry (10pts) NOPE
Shiny Sink - (10pts) NOPE

Looking on the bright side, I've got some points to make up now. ;) I expect to be able to do some serious vacuuming today.

Close2MyHeart
12-12-2007, 06:00 AM
I think I'm going to drop out. I'm back to MM's and doing both MM's and this was too much. :phew

Thanks for doing this, Renee!! :hug

tempus vernum
12-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Challenge #11 - Mop the kitchen and scrub the edges of the floor under the cabinets. Those baseboards in the kitchen seem to get gunky easily. Get it all clean and REALLY clean. (20pts) DONE

Bonus #11 - Vacuum or mop additional rooms (20pts/room) DONE - 2 ROOMS

Declutter - Declutter.....for 15 min... You can do whatever spot you want in the house.....best to do in 5 minute increments. Each day I will give you an idea. (15 pts) DONE

HOTS SPOTS (10pts) DONE
Where's your Laundry (10pts) done
Shiny Sink - (10pts) DONE

tempus vernum
12-12-2007, 06:04 AM
So what's the difference between decluttering and hotspots? Isn't that the same thing? :shifty

Hot spots are more places that are constantly a "dropping ground" where they don't belong. Decluttering is usually things that do belong there but you have way to many of those things and you don't use them.

Hence the pantry example. A pantry probably isn't a "dropping ground" for things you don't use - probably it's mostly food and things that SHOULD be there but I bet you have a bunch of foods in there you don't eat anymore or I bet your pantry isn't well organized. WHen you declutter usually it's good to have a "keep" spot, a garbage back and a donate bag. BUT when I do hot spots usually it's 2 things - garbage or put it away.

Does that make sense??? :hug

joyful mama
12-12-2007, 07:13 AM
sink shiny, mopped/scrubbed kitchen, living room and dining room :tu

rstump
12-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the help with the clarification Jodi!

(sorry I have been off alot girls....I am detoxing off caffeine and doing a Total Elimination Diet right now....and the detox is giving me some HORRIBLE headaches and side effects)

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=148851.0

Next challenge!

RiverRock
12-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks for doing this, Renee. It has kept me more on task.

Last night I was in bed at 7:30 (not enough sleep the night before with a sick baby) and I was too tired to post. Throughout the day I managed to...

flip and make 2 beds (20pts)
vacuum 13 rooms (130 pts)
keep up with laundry...almost...I still have a basket to put away
hot spots...I looked at them and instead chose to...
shine my sink (10 pts.)

:phew
eta: I forgot, I decluttered like a crazy lady (and the back of my car is loaded to take stuff to the second hand store) (15 pts)

Myrtle
12-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Challenge #11 - Mop the kitchen and scrub the edges of the floor under the cabinets. Those baseboards in the kitchen seem to get gunky easily. Get it all clean and REALLY clean. (20pts) done

Bonus #11 - Vacuum or mop additional rooms (20pts/room) 6 additional rooms done

HOTS SPOTS (10pts) done
Where's your Laundry (10pts) done
Shiny Sink - (10pts) done

HummusDip
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Declutter Idea - Pantry! Get rid of those foods you will never eat or shouldn't eat. What do you have too much of or don't need. Find some place to donate them....church, food pantry. Done!

Shiny Sink - (10pts) Done!

HummusDip
12-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Declutter - Declutter.....for 15 min... You can do whatever spot you want in the house.....best to do in 5 minute increments. Each day I will give you an idea. (15 pts) Done!

HOTS SPOTS (10pts) Done!
Where's your Laundry (10pts) Done!

HummusDip
12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Challenge #11 - Mop the kitchen and scrub the edges of the floor under the cabinets. Those baseboards in the kitchen seem to get gunky easily. Get it all clean and REALLY clean. (20pts) Done!

Bonus #11 - Vacuum or mop additional rooms (20pts/room) Done! 3 rooms vacuumed.

As I was mopping on my hands and knees I realized how dirty the front of my fridge and dishwasher were and cleaned them as well. :O

I didn't realize I should mop my bathroom while I was at it! :doh Oh well, next time!

naturallia
12-17-2007, 11:26 PM

I had my husband do that. :giggle But it got done! He saw me mopping and told me Nuh-huh, you aren't supposed to be vacuuming or mopping, let me take over.

See above- Living room, bedroom, computer room, and the long hallway.

I threw out expired food. Done!