PDA

View Full Version : Dec Messies Challenge #5

inesperada
12-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I'll get points updated later!

Challenge: Work on the inside of the fridge! 3 points for every item you are able to take out to throw away/wash the dish and another 5 points for every shelf/drawer that gets wiped down.

Bonus: What do you need to do to get ready for Christmas? 10 points for anything you can get done (address Christmas cards, make a batch of cookies, etc.)

Daily tasks: Two 5-minute hot spot pick-ups (10 points)
Did you do some dishes? (10 points)

hey mommy
12-10-2007, 11:47 AM
:popcorn
So I don't lose it.. :)

klpmommy
12-10-2007, 12:31 PM
I'll be back, but I am dreading the fridge (which means it really, really needs to be done! ick!)

19 items removed from fridge to either wash or trash :bag 57 pts.

two hotspots - 10 points
dishes - 10 points

I have been working on my Christmas letter today. That is a huge project. 10 pts
gift/crafts for dh & gparents- 10 pts
game for newphew- 10 pts

total: 107

StrangeTraveller
12-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Eeew. How did you know?

I've got company coming and I've already been cleaning all morning, it seems. I've got my dishes and hot spots done. I may end up taking a hit today. :O That fridge is just yucky.

erinee
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Challenge: Work on the inside of the fridge! 3 points for every item you are able to take out to throw away/wash the dish and another 5 points for every shelf/drawer that gets wiped down.

Threw away/washed 5 items -- 15 points
Wiped down 11 shelves -- 55 points

Bonus: What do you need to do to get ready for Christmas? 10 points for anything you can get done (address Christmas cards, make a batch of cookies, etc.)

Daily tasks: Two 5-minute hot spot pick-ups (10 points)

Dining room table & kitchen counter -- 10 points

Did you do some dishes? (10 points)

Washed the drawers from fridge, dishes that had food in them I threw away, and turn table from microwave -- 10 points

Total so far (will update if I get anything else done) -- 90 points

RooMama
12-10-2007, 01:24 PM
:nak2

decorated mantle and hung stockings (SCORE!!!! there was still candy in mine from last year and it wasn't very stale! Yea for chocolate!!!!!) 10 points
did some dishes 10 points
2 hot spots 10 points
:bag didn't get around to the fridge, but it's really not that bad (we've only had it a few months)

Total points 30

greenjellysnakes
12-10-2007, 07:45 PM
(SCORE!!!! there was still candy in mine from last year and it wasn't very stale! Yea for chocolate!!!!!)

What a nice surprise! :giggle

I'm still working on today's tasks. Be back later to update.

AdrienneQW
12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
I am soooooo joining this challenge! I'll bow out of the points part (stresses me out for some reason; let's not get too deep into the psychology of that one, shall we? ;)) but I'd still like to post in the threads if nobody minds.

My refrigerator is already clean (had houseguests from Dec 1-9 and I deep-cleaned it before their arrival) but I'm taking on the challenge to do some Christmas stuff - I'm almost done shopping, but I need to update my spreadsheet and get the card list together. Daily stuff: Kept up with the dishes all day today except need to do the dinner dishes; did a hotspot sweep of the computer armoire and my nightstand. :rockon

RealLifeMama
12-10-2007, 09:48 PM
:doh I did this the other day in preparation for our party we had- I had to make room for party food and drink. I cleared off two entire shelves!! Today, I did manage to find 3 containers to empty and wash, though. 9 pts

Mmmmm, I don't think I did anything! :blush I did make a cake for tomorrow's Christmas brunch I will be attending, though.

Daily tasks: Two 5-minute hot spot pick-ups (10 points) bedroom dresser and trunk at foot of the bed
Did you do some dishes? (10 points) I did tonight's dinner dishes! :woohoo

I must say that it was nice to come down to a clean kitchen this AM. I actually could cook breakfast (pancakes and eggs) and do the breakfast dishes, and I swept the kitchen floor. too.

greenjellysnakes
12-11-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm kind of embarrassed about how many points I've accumulated today. The fridge was in desperate need of a clean out. I get rid of leftovers fairly regularly, but today I went through everything - condiments, flours, seeds, nuts etc. I threw away a lot. 135 pts worth, to be precise. That's 45 different things! :blush I also wiped down the entire inside of the fridge - 9 shelves and 3 drawers for 60 pts.

Getting ready for Christmas - I baked, and put together a Christmas swap package and got it in the mail - 10 pts

Hot spots picked up - 10 pts

Dishes done (thanks DH!) - 10 pts

Today's total - 225. Please feel free to take away points for being so neglectful of the fridge situation, and wasteful of food :blush

klpmommy
12-11-2007, 06:23 AM
Tammy- my fridge has been like that in the past!!! All sorts of gross science experiments, etc. :hug

RealLifeMama
12-11-2007, 06:44 AM
Tammy- my fridge has been like that in the past!!! All sorts of gross science experiments, etc. :hug

mine, too

inesperada
12-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Me, too. I didn't manage to get to my fridge yesterday. :O Only 30 pts for me yesterday.

mom2threegirls
12-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I did well with the dishes yesterday so 10 points there, put up a couple Christmas things (we finally have our tree up! yay! 10 points), and cleared the kitchen table (5) and the counters (5). Planned on getting to the fridge but just never did :shrug. So 30 points for me for yesterday :).

hey mommy
12-11-2007, 10:54 AM
I didn't do the 'fridge, but I did wrap some presents.

And I did dishes.

So, a measly 20 points for me...

I did throw some stuff out of the fridge on Sunday though.

inesperada
12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
If you did it sunday, you can have points for it. ;)