PDA

View Full Version : Travelling/staying in a hotel with 3+ children?

illinoismommy
12-09-2007, 08:31 PM
I come from a small family so I don't know how this works. When you stay in a hotel with 3 children, they let you only get one room right? What about with 4 children? Do you need two rooms then?

mybodymyself
12-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Janet,

:sorry have no clue on this, but never less interested in this.

:ty

klpmommy
12-09-2007, 08:34 PM
:think you know, we have done a lot of traveling & i don't recall ever being asked how many kids we had w/ us....

:popcorn

mamaKristin
12-09-2007, 08:36 PM
We've only done one room - but haven't stayed in a hotel with the all the kids since the baby was...um...10 months or so. Generally, we only do one night in a hotel, so it's not been a big issue to have us have to sleep however is easiest. One parent in each bed, or the older two kids in one bed, and us in the other. As for more kids, I don't know. 3 children can be a squeeze in a basic hotel room.

illinoismommy
12-09-2007, 08:36 PM
:think you know, we have done a lot of traveling & i don't recall ever being asked how many kids we had w/ us....

:popcorn

well I was supposing there was a firecode, and the kids get BIGGER... and I was wondering if it was allowed that 6 people go into a room with 2 beds, you know? I'd totally do it, bring air mattresses, but that doesn't mean its allowed :lol

blessedwithboys
12-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Um, I don't know if it's allowed but we did it. :shrug You can get a roll away cot too. We usually did- Mom and Dad in one bed, me and my sister in the other bed, and my brother on the roll away/air mattress.

michelle
12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
In most hotels you can request extra cots/cribs. I shared many hotel rooms when traveling in church youth group functions :O

Iarwain
12-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Some will let you crowd in one room and some won't. Some ask how many children and some don't. I think it was the Days Inn chain that usually doesn't ask. I haven't stayed in a hotel in a really long time but I remember having to call around to find one that would accommodate us in one room.

The Tickle Momster
12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
We've done 5 in a hotel room, but you won't be allowed to book online and you'll probably have to request a cot. Firecodes won't allow 5 w/1 bed. We usually try for 2 kings and bring a bed rail.

expatmom
12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Most places have a maximum occupancy limit. They won't let you book online for 5 in a room usually. I've been known to book 4 people online, because I don't count a cosleeping baby. :shifty

klpmommy
12-10-2007, 06:00 AM
I was thinking about this last night after I logged off. I am pretty sure that when we have stopped at a random hotel just to sleep they haven't asked. But when we book a hotel in advance they ask. But it doesn't matter for us then b/c we need two rooms or some sort of suite then- the kids go to bed so stinking early & I am not about to spend from 7pm on in the dark quiet.

ShiriChayim
12-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Well my SIL and BIL (who are certifiably crazy) have slept 7 in a room with two king beds. They usually do oldest boy on a cot, dad and second boy in one bed, mommy and two girls in other bed and baby in the pack and play. They've never had issues with firecodes, but I think that's because of the ages of their children. I'd imagine fairly soon they'll be booking two rooms, one for the boys and one for the girls.

Marsha
12-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Coming from a very large family, we just didn't tell how many people we had. We slept three to a full bed, did at home anyway, so no biggie, and sleeping bags too.
Even if they "let" y ou get two adjoining rooms or something, we NEVER had the money for anything like that!

bethy
12-11-2007, 02:41 PM
I am curious about this too. We are discussing whether or not to try for a third baby. This might sound shallow but one of our "drawbacks" (if you can even call it that) would be that it would make travel sooo much harder. Sigh.

Moon
12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
We've done it with 3 and 4 children. We just ask for a single room with two beds, the clerk looks at our kids and says, "Ok." :shrug Three small children can share one of those beds easily, likely four if they don't mind sleeping like sardines (three of mine don't, one does, lol). We put a chair along side the edge of the bed that can't be up against a wall, as a rail. The littlest one usually bunks with hub and I.

When it was just 3 small kids we could all fit on one of those huge king beds comfortably enough to pass a night. We never stayed in a hotel longer than one or two nights though.

illinoismommy
12-18-2007, 07:32 AM
I guess I'd be scared to get there and be told that we needed two rooms.... but its so great there's hope :)