PDA

View Full Version : Dec Housekeeping Challenge #8 & #9 (weekend)

rstump
12-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Here is our weekend challenges. I pray you all have a nice relaxing weekend. Focus on Christmas and don't forget to take some time for yourself. Remember the season.

I will light a candle for all of you and pray for extra peace and relaxation.

Challenge #8 - Finish up any shopping you have for Christmas that you can (20pts)

Bonus #8- Declutter your drawers.....we all have that hidden or NOT so hidden junk drawer, odd sock drawer, kitchen gadgets, etc.....get a trash can and/or donation box and have FUN. (10 pts/drawer)

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************

Challenge #9 - Wrap the presents that you have purchased. Get them ready to be mailed if need be. Get them in the mail on Monday in time for Christmas delivery. (20pts)

Bonus #9 - Clean out your car/van. Get out the trash, clothes, toys & shoes.....Just a good decluttering. Wipe down the obvious sticky spots if necessary. (20pts)

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************

Daily Chores.....
HOT SPOTS - 5 min twice a day - get them clean (10pts)
Where's your laundry......many of your are caught up....don't let it get ahead of you again. (10pts)
Shiny Sink each night before bed.....make for a smiling mom in the morning! - (10pts)

Challengers and the Points (updated 12/10 Midnight EST)

Don't forget.......lots of opportunities to catch up so don't feel down if you appear to be behind.

abbieroads/Abbi 255
Close2myheart/Becca 560
diamondintherough 45
dylansmom/leah 725
ElectricFaith/Terra 425
FROGmama/Lorene 540
greendelight/Nickie 350
Happymom/Andrea 330
hink4687/Nici 315
Joyful Mama/Jen 405
KatieMae/Katie 465
Kateissavedbgrace/Kat 70
Ladybugs984/Sam 415
lksparks00/Laura 555
Lula 420
MamaBee/Haley 55
Marathonmom/Katie 55
milkmommy/Deanna 190
MommyTay/Tay 240
momof3muffins/Heather 310
naturallia/Tishia 355
NayneeNoo/Amy 680
Niphredil/Lindsay 45
Playful Mommy/Sheryl 165
purstrength/Kat 495
rdkkks/Rachelle 45
Riverrock/ 130
rstump/Renee 630
Sonshinemama/Jodi 740
WI Mama 05/Kim 630

KatieMae
12-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Subbing... :blush but how did you know I have three boxes full of presents that need to be wrapped?!? :lol

rstump
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Subbing... :blush but how did you know I have three boxes full of presents that need to be wrapped?!? :lol

Cause I do too. :shifty :cool

Didn't I tell you I took this on for December....so I could have points to do the things that "I" need done...LOL. :P~ I couldn't just get my list done all by myself....I need friends to drag along with me. :yes :yes

Myrtle
12-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Instead of shopping, can we work on presents we're making for a certain amount of time? We don't have a Christmas budget this year, so I'm not buying any presents. I do have two or three I'm working on, though. :)

purstrength
12-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Instead of shopping, can we work on presents we're making for a certain amount of time? We don't have a Christmas budget this year, so I'm not buying any presents. I do have two or three I'm working on, though. :)

Good idea! I need to make something, and figure out some regifting. :shifty

rstump
12-07-2007, 08:54 PM

Good idea! I need to make something, and figure out some regifting. :shifty

We are doing that too. I am making lots of fermented fruit butters and Master Tonic (natural antibiodic) this year. I am on a hunt to find organic horseradish this weekend.

naturallia
12-07-2007, 10:19 PM
If I don't do the presents/shopping ones until next weekend, do I still get credit? I'm flat broke now and won't be able to do this until then.

rstump
12-07-2007, 10:25 PM
If I don't do the presents/shopping ones until next weekend, do I still get credit? I'm flat broke now and won't be able to do this until then.

:yes :yes Just remember to post.

I am doing the same. I need to buy a few things for my homemade items but the real presents have to wait.

Living My Dream
12-08-2007, 03:20 AM
:popcorn

Close2MyHeart
12-08-2007, 05:03 AM
:popcorn Just subbing :popcorn

TwinMommy03
12-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Subbing :popcorn

WI Mama05
12-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Reminder post to me! ;) some of these things are on my "to do" list today anyway so HORRAAAY!!! The decluttering though - that's gonna be a challenge :O

Living My Dream
12-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Thank-you for your kind thoughts of prayer.

challenge done (only got 2 more that i couldnt get today)

bonus done - 4 drawers

laundry done :-)

no hot spots job - i looked at the empty space and smiled - does that count? :lol

hoping to shine sink tonight, but not likely so dont give me points...

Hugs cant wait til tomorrow! x

joyful mama
12-08-2007, 03:17 PM
cool :cool I only have a couple of gift cards to pick up, will see if we get to it :grin, wraping I can do tomorrow night :tu. I love wrapping.

I highly doubt I'll get to the bonuses, I'm working tonight and last night (12 hour shifts ;)). I sleepy :yawn

RiverRock
12-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm coming in a week late, but Friday I did dishes, hotspots, caught up on laundry and cleaned 4 mirrors. I also wiped 2 out of 3 bathrooms. I meant to post in the pm but got tired and forgot.

Yesterday I did hotspots and laundry. I also bought a few more gifts (almost done). I have the house to myself tomorrow afternoon so I will save the wrapping until then when I can pull everything out and wrap on the kitchen table.

HummusDip
12-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Do we have until tonight at midnight to get these done?

I haven't done this before, I was going to once before and got sidetracked. Anyway, I'd love to get all this done tonight while my dh is gone and before we leave for our trip. I'll never catch up in points, but it will give me some motivation anyway, since all of you are cleaning with me! :giggle

dylansmom
12-09-2007, 05:23 PM
The shopping that I can do right now is all finished!
Drawers cleaned out (wow, I am a packrat!!!) - 3 in the kitchen, 2 in the bedrooms (one in each), 1 in the bathroom - 6 total!
Presents wrapped!
Car cleaned out and I even took it next door to have it washed and vaccuumed!
Hot spots - done!
Sink shiny both nights!

naturallia
12-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Hot spots, laundry, and shiny sinks both nights!

My DH said he feels like he is in someone else's house. :giggle

NayneeNoo
12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Challenge #8 - Finish up any shopping you have for Christmas that you can (20pts)

Bonus #8- Declutter your drawers.....we all have that hidden or NOT so hidden junk drawer, odd sock drawer, kitchen gadgets, etc.....get a trash can and/or donation box and have FUN. (10 pts/drawer)

Challenge #9 - Wrap the presents that you have purchased. Get them ready to be mailed if need be. Get them in the mail on Monday in time for Christmas delivery. (20pts)

Bonus #9 - Clean out your car/van. Get out the trash, clothes, toys & shoes.....Just a good decluttering. Wipe down the obvious sticky spots if necessary. (20pts)

Daily Chores.....
Where's your laundry......many of your are caught up....don't let it get ahead of you again. (10pts)
Shiny Sink each night before bed.....make for a smiling mom in the morning! - (10pts)

More Christmas shopping finished! Just have two more people to go (and only because they won't give me a list!)

5 drawers done in the kitchen

Some presents wrapped (DH kept snooping so I wrapped his)

Van cleaned.

Hot spots, laundry, sink done! :phew

Close2MyHeart
12-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Challenge #8 - Finish up any shopping you have for Christmas that you can (20pts) ~ DONE

Bonus #8- Declutter your drawers.....we all have that hidden or NOT so hidden junk drawer, odd sock drawer, kitchen gadgets, etc.....get a trash can and/or donation box and have FUN. (10 pts/drawer) ~ 7 DONE

Challenge #9 - Wrap the presents that you have purchased. Get them ready to be mailed if need be. Get them in the mail on Monday in time for Christmas delivery. (20pts) ~ DONE Not planning to mail tomorrow. I don't go out until Tuesday, but I did wrap gifts.

Bonus #9 - Clean out your car/van. Get out the trash, clothes, toys & shoes.....Just a good decluttering. Wipe down the obvious sticky spots if necessary. (20pts) ~ DONE

Daily Chores.....
HOT SPOTS - 5 min twice a day - get them clean (10pts) ~ Done 4 times this weekend.
Where's your laundry......many of your are caught up....don't let it get ahead of you again. (10pts) ~ DONE
Shiny Sink each night before bed.....make for a smiling mom in the morning! - (10pts) ~ DONE

HummusDip
12-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Challenge #8 - Finish up any shopping you have for Christmas that you can (20pts) Done!

************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************** dreading this one.....not done

Challenge #9 - Wrap the presents that you have purchased. Get them ready to be mailed if need be. Get them in the mail on Monday in time for Christmas delivery. (20pts) Done!

Bonus #9 - Clean out your car/van. Get out the trash, clothes, toys & shoes.....Just a good decluttering. Wipe down the obvious sticky spots if necessary. (20pts) Done!

Daily Chores.....
HOT SPOTS - 5 min twice a day - get them clean (10pts) Not sure what "hot spot" is....so I haven't done this one yet!

Where's your laundry......many of your are caught up....don't let it get ahead of you again. (10pts) Done!

Got a load of dishes to do before I can accomplish this one...

tempus vernum
12-09-2007, 06:39 PM

Bonus #8- Declutter your drawers.....we all have that hidden or NOT so hidden junk drawer, odd sock drawer, kitchen gadgets, etc.....get a trash can and/or donation box and have FUN. (10 pts/drawer) DONE - I am almost embarassed to post that I did 6 drawers :O It goes to remind me that clean does not mean "shoved in a drawer so that I can't see it" It only took about 10 to 15 minutes per drawer though as I had cleaned them out this summer :shifty

Bonus #9 - Clean out your car/van. Get out the trash, clothes, toys & shoes.....Just a good decluttering. Wipe down the obvious sticky spots if necessary. (20pts) done

Daily Chores.....
HOT SPOTS - 5 min twice a day - get them clean (10pts) DONE
Where's your laundry......many of your are caught up....don't let it get ahead of you again. (10pts) DONE
Shiny Sink each night before bed.....make for a smiling mom in the morning! - (10pts) DONE

ElectricEarth
12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Here's what I got done:
Challenge x1 (got some more gifts purchased)
Bonus x1 (car is nice and clean)
shiny sink x1
hot spots x1
laundry x2 (boy, it's sure nice to stay caught up on laundry!)

tempus vernum
12-09-2007, 06:40 PM
A hot spot is an area that "attracts" clutter. IIRC it came from fly lady and she maintains that they are a fire that needs to be put out :think

abbiroads
12-09-2007, 06:41 PM
I get 20 points for wrapping presents.

HummusDip
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
A hot spot is an area that "attracts" clutter. IIRC it came from fly lady and she maintains that they are a fire that needs to be put out :think

ahhhh ha! Thank you!

Off to go do some hot spots....(basically my whole house) :O

Myrtle
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM

We're not shopping this year, but I finished one cross-stitch project (framed and matted) and worked on some other stuff if that counts.

Got my presents in their boxes and their cards and paper out, but nothing got wrapped b/c we're out of tape :doh

Done!

Daily Chores.....

clutter free

Where's your laundry......many of your are caught up....don't let it get ahead of you again. [color=red](10pts)

caught up

shined Friday, Saturday (even after company!) and Sunday

Myrtle
12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I'll never catch up in points, but it will give me some motivation anyway, since all of you are cleaning with me! :giggle

That has been my favorite part about these challenges. Knowing other ladies are working on their homes has encouraged me to take more pride in my own home. It's not even a competition thing. It's more of an encouraging thing, just knowing there are real people I "talk to" out there cleaning and trying to bless their homes.

hink4687
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Nothing done on saturday. But got all my christmas presents wrapped. :rockon

rstump
12-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Wow....just catching up on points with all you girls. WAY TO GO! :rockon Several new challengers too! :heart

I got more shopping done, and wrapped. Hot spots, laundry and dishes.

But not bonuses....drawers are a mess and so is the van. Hoping to get these done tomorrow.

purstrength
12-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Bonus #8- Declutter your drawers.....we all have that hidden or NOT so hidden junk drawer, odd sock drawer, kitchen gadgets, etc.....get a trash can and/or donation box and have FUN. (10 pts/drawer) My drawers are pretty good...but I did unpack two more boxes. Does that count?

Dh did this for me. :heart

Daily Chores.....
HOT SPOTS - 5 min twice a day - get them clean (10pts) All done Saturday & Sunday
Where's your laundry......many of your are caught up....don't let it get ahead of you again. (10pts) All good this weekend!
Shiny Sink each night before bed.....make for a smiling mom in the morning! - (10pts) My sink was/is shiny!

joyful mama
12-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Challenge #8- DONE! I bought 3 gift cards I needed to, only one left (wasn't where I was buying the others) to buy, 1 present, and a few small stocking stuffers for dh and I'm totally 100% done with Christmas shopping.

Bonus #8- not done

Challenge #9- couldn't wrap all I wanted to, but got presents that had to be wrapped for Monday done :)

Bonus #9 not done

Chores for Saturday- laundry up to date, thats it
Sunday- sink shiny, laundry up to date

I worked 12 hours shifts Wednesday, Friday and Saturday so I"m impressed with myself :giggle

HummusDip
12-10-2007, 12:13 AM
:doh Oh darnit! I just realized about 10 of my cards don't have addresses on them yet. I will have to call my MIL in the morning and get those and then I can send them off along with the packages I need to send.

Still haven't completed my last 2 challenges. I need to load my dishwasher so I can shine my sink. I also need to clean a drawer!

Oh and hot spots, I got 1 done, my buffet cabinet. The top always accumulates junk. Is it 10 points per hot spot? Either way, I've got 1 done so far.

I have 3 more hot spots I can go clean. I'll come back with more points!

Six Little Feet
12-10-2007, 12:15 AM
nothing for me :blush

Living My Dream
12-10-2007, 01:52 AM
everything except bonus #9 done! x

KatieMae
12-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Challenge #8 - Finish up any shopping you have for Christmas that you can (20pts) DONE

Bonus #9 - Clean out your car/van. Get out the trash, clothes, toys & shoes.....Just a good decluttering. Wipe down the obvious sticky spots if necessary. (20pts) DONE

Daily Chores.....
HOT SPOTS - 5 min twice a day - get them clean (10pts) - 20pts total
Where's your laundry......many of your are caught up....don't let it get ahead of you again. (10pts) 20pts total

And I caught up on this one...

Tuesday, December 4th
Ch #4 - Clean out your frigs, Get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers, Check the Expiration dates on those condiments, Wipe down the shelves, etc (20pts) DONE

It turns out that I did get sick afterall, so my weekend was pretty pathetic (at least by my standards!) My "shopping" was making the last of my online purchases, plus one trip to Toys R Us for the kids' cousins. I'll be 100% finished on Tuesday when the last DVD's & video games I'm buying are released. But then I won't be doing any work on Tuesday afternoon because I'll be watching our copy of the new Harry Potter movie over & over & over ;) But I seriously have NO idea when I'm going to get to wrap anything; my kids are staying up way too late and DH works 70+ hours per week so he can't just take care of them for me while I do the wrapping. Lilia's birthday party is on Saturday & her gifts are also still unwrapped so those have to come first. :sigh :tired

KatieMae
12-10-2007, 05:50 AM
Hot spots, laundry, and shiny sinks both nights!

My DH said he feels like he is in someone else's house. :giggle

That's so cute. :)

My DH noticed the supershiny laundry closet when he was looking for a shirt on Friday morning & said something to me about how nice it looked :heart

WI Mama05
12-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Challenge #8 - Finish up any shopping you have for Christmas that you can (20pts) - Done; still have some lef to do, but am as far as I can be right now.

Bonus #8- Declutter your drawers.....we all have that hidden or NOT so hidden junk drawer, odd sock drawer, kitchen gadgets, etc.....get a trash can and/or donation box and have FUN. (10 pts/drawer) One drawer done.

Challenge #9 - Wrap the presents that you have purchased. Get them ready to be mailed if need be. Get them in the mail on Monday in time for Christmas delivery. (20pts) ARGH! DONE!! DH took the girls Sat afternoona and I thought I could knock a LOT of stuff out - well spent the ENTIRE day wrapping. *sigh* at least it's done, even if nothing else got done.

Bonus #9 - Clean out your car/van. Get out the trash, clothes, toys & shoes.....Just a good decluttering. Wipe down the obvious sticky spots if necessary. (20pts) I didn't get into my van the ENTIRE weekend! That alone is worth losing 20 points to me!!!! :shifty

Daily Chores.....
HOT SPOTS - 5 min twice a day - get them clean (10pts) Done both days
Where's your laundry......many of your are caught up....don't let it get ahead of you again. (10pts) done both days
Shiny Sink each night before bed.....make for a smiling mom in the morning! - (10pts) done Sunday only - 3 loads on one day; does that tell you the state of my Kitchen :blush

rstump
12-10-2007, 08:41 AM
I worked 12 hours shifts Wednesday, Friday and Saturday so I"m impressed with myself :giggle

I am very impressed. I work but from home and not that long at a time! :rockon

tryin-to-FROG
12-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Challenge #8 - Finish up any shopping you have for Christmas that you can (20pts) Didnt have time to shop, but did spend some time planning gifts if that counts:)

Bonus #8- Declutter your drawers.....we all have that hidden or NOT so hidden junk drawer, odd sock drawer, kitchen gadgets, etc.....get a trash can and/or donation box and have FUN. (10 pts/drawer) 2 drawers done
dishes and laundry not caught up on saturday- it was a busy day
no hot spots:(

Challenge #9 - Wrap the presents that you have purchased. Get them ready to be mailed if need be. Get them in the mail on Monday in time for Christmas delivery. (20pts) ok didnt do this because we had to wait to take family pictures- so we did take family pictures saturday and will get them in the next couple days to mail out.

Bonus #9 - Clean out your car/van. Get out the trash, clothes, toys & shoes.....Just a good decluttering. Wipe down the obvious sticky spots if necessary. (20pts) DONE!!
No Hot spots:(
Did do shiny sink and laundry caught up !
I haven been feeling really tired and qeasy....it makes me wonder.... I am not even going to think about it....:) or at least try not to...

Happy Mom
12-10-2007, 09:34 AM
I havent checked in in a few days..wahhh..not sure if I'll get credit, but:

One ceiling fan was cleaned
Sinks were shiny thurs, fri, sat, sun, laundry was done thurs, fri...then I ran out of soap, so I'll catch up today teehee!!
One of the vans was cleaned out, and I've picked a hotspot every day since you announced. :) Cleaned out my lid drawer, and my canning area, organized my napkin/flatwear drawer of my buffet. Purchased almost every single gift I need this weekend, and am wrapping...

It's been a long few days, hence the reason I havent checked in!!!

rstump
12-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I havent checked in in a few days..wahhh..not sure if I'll get credit, but:

One ceiling fan was cleaned
Sinks were shiny thurs, fri, sat, sun, laundry was done thurs, fri...then I ran out of soap, so I'll catch up today teehee!!
One of the vans was cleaned out, and I've picked a hotspot every day since you announced. :) Cleaned out my lid drawer, and my canning area, organized my napkin/flatwear drawer of my buffet. Purchased almost every single gift I need this weekend, and am wrapping...

It's been a long few days, hence the reason I havent checked in!!!

Awesome...of course you get credit. This is all about blessing our homes....not rules :)

LadybugSam
12-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Woohoo! Went to the bazaar at church this weekend and picked up lots of things!

I did that!

woohoo! I did that!

Missed that one, rats!

Daily Chores.....
Laundry Caught up! Got my hot spots taken care of!
But my sink was only shiney one night :(

rstump
12-10-2007, 09:53 AM
:heart :heart Way to go Sam!

naturallia
12-17-2007, 11:21 PM

Done! :rockon

Done! I did my bedroom junk drawer,. the kids' junk bin, the living room catchall basket, and the kitchen junk drawer! I didn't realize how much "stuff" I had- especially old take-out menus from when I was pregnant with Ryan!

Done!!! I even put up the tree!!!! I feel so accomplished!

Done!!!! (Um, well, my husband helped...)