PDA

View Full Version : December Housekeeping Challenge #5

rstump
12-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Sorry I am a little late girls. I thought I did this before I went to bed....but I guess I crashed and forgot. :cry

Wednesday, December 5th - Challenge #5!!

Challenge #5 -Clean the oven…inside, outside and in between (20pts)
For some this may take 2 days if you don't have a self-cleaning oven. Spray before you go to bed and wipe down in the am.

Bonus #5 - Do something to recharge YOURSELF - Take a nice Bubble Bath, 15 min reading a book just for you, warm cup of tea with a little honey, paint your toes, etc. (50pts)
I know for some this one will be the hardest challenge yet. But try to sneak atleast 5 minutes to just treat yourself. Light a candle, smell something yummy, make
YOUR favorite dinner.

Everyone is doing so well on their daily chores....I am adding a new one. This isn't a hard one but one that can really bless your home. Let us know your hot spot(s)

Clean those HOT spots - 5 min twice a day (10pts)
Clean those areas wher clutter and STUFF just keep showing up....kitchen table, kitchen counter, foyer, stairs.....you know what I mean. Check it and CLEAN it. Don't
just try to organize the JUNK.....get it out of there. Don't let it sit....or it will double and triple in size!

Where's your laundry--- Get it caught up (10pts)

Shiny Sink (10pts)

Here is the updated list for POINTS and Challengers - Updated 12/5 10:30pm
abbieroads/Abbi 165
Close2myheart/Becca 210
diamondintherough 45
dylansmom/leah 205
ElectricFaith/Terra 265
FROGmama/Lorene 210
Gotmyheartfull/Kelly
greendelight/Nickie 300
greenjellysnakes/Tammy 130
Happymom/Andrea 330
Hey Mommy/Janice 10
hink4687/Nici 155
Iansmama/Jenn
Iveyrock/Amber
Joyful Mama/Jen 300
KatieMae/Katie 75
Ladybugs984/Sam 275
lksparks00/Laura 185
Lu 230
MamaBee/Haley 55
Marathonmom/Katie 55
milkmommy/Deanna 50
momof3muffins/Heather 310
Mommy Tay/Tay
naturallia/Tishia 105
NayneeNoo/Amy 200
Niphredil/Lindsay 45
Playful Mommy/Sheryl 95
purstrength/Kat 285
rdkkks/Rachelle 45
rstump/Renee 290
Sonshinemama/Jodi 300
WI Mama 05/Kim 290

ElectricEarth
12-05-2007, 07:00 AM
The bonus sounds fantastic!

Living My Dream
12-05-2007, 07:03 AM

Do something to recharge yourself. (50pts) I had a shower, on my own, without DS interrupting me! (hes been out this morning with a friend)

Clean those HOT spots - 5 min twice a day (10pts) hot spots in out house include a shelf under the tele, on top of the fridge and the arm chair. ALL DONE!

laundry--- Get it caught up (10pts) DONE! This is great! I am now organised. What is it about having an empty basket that makes me sooooooo happy?

So still to clean oven and shine sink... but i'm almost there. :smile

Thank-you!!!!!

Living My Dream
12-05-2007, 07:05 AM
does it count that the shower and me time was this morning before challenge was posted? and that i did my hotspots this morning too thanks to flylady?? I still did them

joyful mama
12-05-2007, 07:10 AM
great challenges Renee :hug. I crashed last night too, we all fell asleep together - on purpose, though, I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I'm about to start a load of laundry (if I have enough for 1 load!) and head to the gym. that will be my nice thing for myself today :heart

I'm sure I can clean the oven outside today, inside maybe not until tomorrow- i have to work tonight

good new daily thing :rockon . Flylady isn't as bad as I thought after all :O

Close2MyHeart
12-05-2007, 07:11 AM
:popcorn

rstump
12-05-2007, 07:27 AM
does it count that the shower and me time was this morning before challenge was posted? and that i did my hotspots this morning too thanks to flylady?? I still did them

Of course...done is done! :)

We need those habits.....it blesses our home.

rstump
12-05-2007, 07:30 AM
good new daily thing :rockon . Flylady isn't as bad as I thought after all :O

I just downloaded the Motivated Mom's planner last night. I can't wait to get started. I think that would be great to have a group for MM so we can continue this next year without a lot of planning for anyone.

We could do a thread for each month to keep us accountable.

greendelight
12-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Challenge #5 done, bonus #5 done, hot spots clean, laundry done, and sink is shiny. We will be out all day, and we're having supper at church tonight and will be gone 'til late. So, no dishes and I will come home very tired to my nice, clean apt.!

As for MM, will you guys be posting what it says to do, or is that a copyright violation? I was just wondering if others that don't have the MM planner will be able to join.

rstump
12-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Just a quick note.......

Can you everyone please........ when updating on what you have accomplished.....please start a new post. I seem to be missing those 'edits" in the points.

I think it would be easier if everyone just started a new post that way I can't miss it.

THANKS....sooo much mamas!

tempus vernum
12-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Does anyone know if I can do a self cleaning over when I am gone. I have this vague recollection that dh said not too but I was thinking it would cut back on fumes if we left the house and we ARE leaving today so that could be perfect.

By inbetween do you mean I have to move my stove :O or just cracks and all.

I am full of questions today :giggle

Great challenges. The one for finding time for myself will be TOUGH today cuz we have a full day but I KNOW I can do it. :heart

WI Mama05
12-05-2007, 08:08 AM
oooohhhhh!!! Excited about the bonus! There is a book I want to read and I can't wait to sit down and read for POINTS today!!!! :rockon :heart

NayneeNoo
12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Subbing

naturallia
12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I can't do the oven challenge- but I have an excuse! Pregnancy!

Happy Mom
12-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Pumicing my feet.... :lol :O for dh's work party on Friday night...fifty points for having gnarley heels. Love it.

I have to go read my owners manual. I've never had a self cleaning oven before and have NO idea how to run it. :giggle

Dont remember if I posted that my sink was shiny last night. :heart

tryin-to-FROG
12-05-2007, 08:48 AM
ok just a points question:) I just looked them over and there are some who have a lot more points than me :scratch
I thought I did everything each day- was there something I missed? or do you get points everytime you shine your sink each day? or something similar, just curious:) I just discovered we had a self cleaning oven :giggle we have lived here 2 years and never cleaned it:) hopefully I did it right...we will see... Thanks!

rstump
12-05-2007, 08:55 AM
ok just a points question:) I just looked them over and there are some who have a lot more points than me :scratch
I thought I did everything each day- was there something I missed? or do you get points everytime you shine your sink each day? or something similar, just curious:) I just discovered we had a self cleaning oven :giggle we have lived here 2 years and never cleaned it:) hopefully I did it right...we will see... Thanks!

Nope....just your line on the spreadsheet wasn't adding up right....it skipped 2 days worth. :duck

So sorry...it is fixed now....you are at 210.

We have had one challenge so far that you could get more based on doing more....the beds. I am trying to keep it pretty even but for something as hard as flipping beds....I wanted to give more cause that was a hard one. I am going to do another one tomorrow where you can get more for doing more. :)....it gives other an opportunity for "extra credit"

tryin-to-FROG
12-05-2007, 08:59 AM
GREAT!!- ok off to clean!

Iveyrock
12-05-2007, 09:00 AM
ooh! ooooh oooh oooh! I can DO this one! I am going to an Belly dance class tonight, just for me! Although Chava gets to come. I'll post back afterwards, just in case the car breaks down and I dont' make it.
I got nothing on the list done yesterday, but we did put together our new table and chairs! This will help my kitchen in a couple of ways, I am so excited!

momof3muffins
12-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Oven is clean, laundry is done (can you believe I didn't have enough for a full load?!!!), and sink is sparkling. I'm going to put Victoria for a nap so I can do something for myself - maybe I'll sit in my sewing room and make something. That is just so relaxing. I've been working on hotspots for days - I had a year's worth of filing on my desk at one point :blush . That's almost done and my dining room table is getting there too (that's where everyone throws things)...maybe today I can totally finish those.

Happy Mom
12-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Oven clean! (much easier when it only a week old! :giggle Funny how the inside was already dirty though! lol!!!

Laundry is done...

feet are moisturized and smooth, LOL ...I even took a shower alone, styled my hair, put makeup on..and get this...my clothes match! LOL!!!

Off to clean the top of the fridge :D

LadybugSam
12-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I even took a shower alone, styled my hair, put makeup on..and get this...my clothes match! LOL!!!

:rolleyes2 like your clothes EVER don't match. Even when you don't "do your hair" it looks so cute! You always look gorgeous when i see you!

KatieMae
12-05-2007, 10:58 AM
subbing

After a very busy day yesterday - I'm closing out my Mary Kay (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=147565.0) & had eight packages to prepare AND a big delivery for this morning - I'm now home & ready to catch back up. Let's all pray my kids are cooperative!
* Laundry is going,
* Dishes need some desperate attention
* My #1 hotspot is my desk & it's covered in Mary Kay lists, a bank deposit (:woohoo) and a few things I need to mail. Gotta take care of that right away.
* Should be able to clean the fridge since I have very few leftovers to deal with
* I don't even know if my oven has a self-clean option :shifty I usually just spot-clean when something makes a mess. Off to the kitchen to investigate... ETA: Bummer, no self-cleaning (Note to self: break the oven so I can get a newer one :giggle) I guess I'll stop by the grocery store on the way to the bank so I can buy some Easy Off!

LadybugSam
12-05-2007, 11:04 AM

DONE! And i also did my microwave :P

Bonus #5 - Do something to recharge YOURSELF - Take a nice Bubble Bath, 15 min reading a book just for you, warm cup of tea with a little honey, paint your toes, etc. (50pts)
Painted Toes :P

I got my table and my couch

sorted and ready for friday

Shiny Sink (10pts)
SHINY!

:dance

momof3muffins
12-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Dining table looks much better and so does my desk, so that's done (until everyone comes home anyway). I've spent Victoria's entire nap doing absolutely nothing I didn't feel like doing. A little bit of this and a little bit of that - all me time! Unfortunately, I have to go wake the poor girl because she has an ENT appointment right in the middle of naptime to check her tubes.

Living My Dream
12-05-2007, 12:45 PM
No shiny sink and no clean oven, and friends are coming over now.

Close2MyHeart
12-05-2007, 01:08 PM
:think My post disappeared...

Ok... laundry done
3 hot spots done

Also...
took a bath, painted my nails & read a book for 30 minutes!! :jawdrop 2 napped while 2 played quietly , so I had 45 minutes ALL TO MYSELF! :jawdrop :dance

Will report back later after my stove is cleaned. :grin

rstump
12-05-2007, 01:48 PM
took a bath, painted my nails & read a book for 30 minutes!! :jawdrop 2 napped while 2 played quietly , so I had 45 minutes ALL TO MYSELF! :jawdrop :dance

:woohoo :cheer :cheer :woohoo

that is awesome....it is my made up challenge and I haven't accomplished mine yet.

My oven is done, laundry is almost done, sink is FULL but that will just have to wait til later...I have already run the dishwasher TWICE.....too much cooking around here.

I HOPE I get to do my reward for myself.....I WANT a nice hot bath, toes painted and read a book......that is what I WANT.... :hissyfit WANT.... :hissyfit WANT......(yes I a throwing a little fit there)

joyful mama
12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
My post disappeared

updates: laundry up to date
sink shining
3 hotspots- kitchen breakfast nook, front entryway and living room floor and couch decluttered 5 mins X2
for ME: long, hard workout at the gym :grin

oven top deep cleaned, can't get to the inside. its not self clean and I just don't have time for it. :sigh I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all these challenges and bonuses. maybe thats why I gave up on Flylady :bag

tempus vernum
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM
(((((((((((((((((Jen))))))))))))))))

It's okay - you are doing AWESOME!

oven - done

Laundry - up to date - this one is changing EVERYTHING for me - in two days I have done ALL the delicates, washed blankets, done 1/2 of my sewing/mending and there is NO clean laundry waiting for me. I am THRILLED. While I never fall behind, I am never really fully "on top of it"

hot spots - 5 min x 2 - done - it took longer than 10 minutes but my kitchen is totally hot spot free (eliminated 4 :O hot spots there)

Sink -- shiny

For myself- I napped, read a book AND I get my favorite dinner tonight :yum I thought it would be tough but decided to stay home becuz the roads aren't that great - we have so much snow I don't know if I can get out of my alley (doesn't get plowed :sigh)

:phew

Happy Mom
12-05-2007, 02:37 PM
mail center and homeschool table (major hotspots) are organized...onto the top of the fridge!!!

Happy Mom
12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Sam, you're so awesome. :)

Totally wrong, but awesome. :giggle

Love you, Mama. :heart

dylansmom
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Just drank a hot cup of tea!
Hot spots - clean!
Laundry - washed, dried, AND put away!
Sink is shiny!

greenjellysnakes
12-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Would it be terrible if I only pampered myself today? :giggle I spent some time on a little craft project AND had half an hour to read a book! I will get to the oven too, but I'll wait till DH is home so he can watch the babes and I can work uninterrupted.

ElectricEarth
12-05-2007, 06:35 PM
challenge 5 done
bonus 5 done (computer time, some shopping, yummy hot cider)
shiny sink
laundry caught up
hot spot done (there's this little ledge by our front door where we drop EVERYTHING! It'll be nice to keep this clean)

WI Mama05
12-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Challenge #5 -Clean the oven…inside, outside and in between Done

Bonus #5 - Do something to recharge YOURSELF -Done

Clean those HOT spots - 5 min twice a day Done

Where's your laundry--- Get it caught up (10pts) Done

Shiny Sink(10pts)Done

Myrtle
12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
done

Bonus #5 - Do something to recharge YOURSELF -
chocolate chip cookies, Sleepytime Tea, and GCM - done

I needed this one. Cleaned that pile in the kitchen that keeps coming back.

Caught up - washed and put up

Shiny Sink (10pts)
Done, thanks to a sweet dh!

rstump
12-05-2007, 08:36 PM
My hot spots are done, my sink is shiny and my laundry is caught up.

Still haven't managed to do something for myself yet....already 10:30pm......but we will see. I need to nurse the baby....maybe I can get DH to make me a nice cup of tea and I can grab a book to read.

points have been updated.

purstrength
12-05-2007, 08:56 PM
I'll be honest that I don't know how to clean the inside of my oven. :O The outside is all clean, and the inside isn't bad as we've just moved here.

Most of my day has been about me. :no2 I need to do homework tomorrow. :yawn

My hotspots are good...coffee table is cleared off and my papers are down to the few things that I need to do.

Laundry is still good.

My sink is almost shiny...I have one pan soaking, but I'll have it taken care of by the time I go to bed.

rstump
12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Here you go....... http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=147961.0

KatieMae
12-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Challenge #5 -Clean the oven…inside, outside and in between - 20pts - Started; Foam will sit overnight & I'll finish the job after breakfast!

Bonus #5 - Do something to recharge YOURSELF - 50pts - Lots of things: I got a shower this morning (with a baby, that's still a big deal!), listened to talk radio instead of kids' music while driving & stopped at Starbucks for a frappuccino, mmmm!

Clean those HOT spots - 5 min twice a day - 10pts - Desk is clear & the basket we use to gather & take things upstairs is empty!

Where's your laundry--- Get it caught up (10pts) - Only got thru 3 loads; still have two more for tomorrow, so no points for this today.

Shiny Sink - 10pts - Done & Dishwasher is running

hink4687
12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Sorry I am a little late girls. I thought I did this before I went to bed....but I guess I crashed and forgot. :cry

For some this may take 2 days if you don't have a self-cleaning oven. Spray before you go to bed and wipe down in the am.

I know for some this one will be the hardest challenge yet. But try to sneak atleast 5 minutes to just treat yourself. Light a candle, smell something yummy, make
YOUR favorite dinner.

Everyone is doing so well on their daily chores....I am adding a new one. This isn't a hard one but one that can really bless your home. Let us know your hot spot(s)

Clean those areas wher clutter and STUFF just keep showing up....kitchen table, kitchen counter, foyer, stairs.....you know what I mean. Check it and CLEAN it. Don't
just try to organize the JUNK.....get it out of there. Don't let it sit....or it will double and triple in size!

Didn't do the challenge today. But I loved the bonus! Finished it easily. :giggle I also did my laundry and shined my sink. :)

abbiroads
12-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I only got the bonus done today, and I have to get to bed.

mommyTay
12-05-2007, 10:31 PM
UGH!!!! I am so far behind. I am dealing with 2 sick kids, a traumatic neighborhood funeral, a snow storm that canceled school and depressing news from my kids caseworker. Now, beyond my reasons and excuses.....

I am still looking for my sinks under the unending dirty dishes. :shrug

My laundry was sort of caught up :yes2 :think except with all the snow we were inspired to pull out ALL the snowsuits, snowpants and winter clothes from the storage areas. I am trying to get them all washed, matched to the children and get the excess OUT of the house. I have a lot more than I thought!

I sprayed the oven tonight and will wipe it out in the morning.

Now I am heading for a HOPEFULLY relaxing bath with candles. After the day I had, I really need to recharge. Its pretty late, but I am too upset and angry to fall asleep anyway. :cry

No appointments on tomorrows calendar, so I will try to work through the previous challenges. Starting with locating the new smoke/carbon monoxide detector I know is in a stash box somewhere. I changed the batteries in the old one by the bedrooms and it still doesn't work. :no2

Thanks for all the encouragement and inspiration. I really need the

naturallia
12-05-2007, 10:39 PM
:rolleyes2

I wasn't able to do any of those today.

But I'll try hard to remember to take my recharging time on Friday, when DH will be able to watch DS for me.

tryin-to-FROG
12-05-2007, 11:07 PM
ok stove clean:)
sink shiny:)
I took a long shower this morning and shaved my legs:)now my legs are really smooth:) and I actually used lotion:)
Worked on the hot spot around my computer for 5 minutes- will do the other 5 in the morning
Just collected videos to return to the library in the morning also
laundry caught up- just need to put away in the am- will update them:)

tryin-to-FROG
12-05-2007, 11:21 PM
ok I couldnt go to bed with laundry still to be folded- so laundry now caught up and videos will be returned first thing in the morning:)

rstump
12-06-2007, 07:11 AM
:rolleyes2

I wasn't able to do any of those today.

But I'll try hard to remember to take my recharging time on Friday, when DH will be able to watch DS for me.

:hug2

I didn't get my recharge done yesterday either. I finally just crashed in bed. My DH has the day off today (only one in 2 wks)...so I am going to take FULL advantage and go HIDE in the tub for a while.

NayneeNoo
12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
EVERYTHING is done. Oven, recharge (bath), hot spots, sink, laundry. :yes

tryin-to-FROG
12-06-2007, 01:28 PM
videos went back to the library this morning:)

joyful mama
12-06-2007, 01:46 PM
(((Tay)))

I don't deserve full points for oven- only the outside was done.

Thanks Jodi for your kind words :hug