PDA

View Full Version : Dec Housekeeping Challenge - #4

rstump
12-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Tuesday, December 4th

Ch #4 - Clean out your frigs, Get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers, Check the Expiration dates on those condiments, Wipe down the shelves, etc (20pts)

Bonus #4 - Gather up any library books & borrowed items. Get them back where they belong. (15pts)

Shiny Sink - Get that sink really shiny before you go off to bed. (10pts)

Where's your Laundry.....Caught up! (10pts)
Keep it going thru the day. Don't let that clean basket sit too long....get it folded/hung up and put away.

Way to GO GIRLS.....We have a lots of challengers. Feel free to join in! The more the merrier.

Challengers & Points (updated 12/4 8:30pm EST)

2 Sunshines
abbieroads/Abbi 155
Close2myheart/Becca 180
diamondintherough 45
dylansmom/leah 115
ElectricFaith/Terra 115
FROGmama/Lorene 130
Gotmyheartfull/Kelly
greendelight/Nickie 190
greenjellysnakes/Tammy 80
Happymom/Andrea 210
Hey Mommy/Janice 10
hink4687/Nici 115
Iansmama/Jenn
Iveyrock/Amber
Joyful Mama/Jen 190
KatieMae/Katie 75
Ladybugs984/Sam 165
lksparks00/Laura 45
Lu 150
MamaBee/Haley 55
milkmommy/Deanna 50
momof3muffins/Heather 170
Mommy Tay/Tay
naturallia/Tishia 105
NayneeNoo/Amy 145
Nebraskanmom/Liz
Niphredil/Lindsay 45
Playful Mommy/Sheryl 40
purstrength/Kat 175
rdkkks/Rachelle 45
rstump/Renee 230
Sonshinemama/Jodi 190
WI Mama 05/Kim 125

(any questions/mistakes on points....pm me and I will fix them. I will do my best to catch everything everyone does. I have a big spreadsheet but mistakes may happen....so just let me know)

joyful mama
12-03-2007, 10:12 PM
:tu

RealLifeMama
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Well, I am going to try to do these.
I hope I can come back tomorrow and call them done!

milkmommy
12-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Well except for the cup of OJ I'm drinking right now kitchens totally done for the night (dishes drying in the drainer do we get extra point for no dishwasher ;) :giggle) Laundry is done except for the load of towels in the wash right now I'll move them to the dryer tonight but not get the put away till the morning. No leftover (we ate out thanksgiving) fridge pretty clean but we get FS renewed on the 8th and I'll get things cleaned out right before.
Deanna

Living My Dream
12-04-2007, 02:05 AM
sub!

KatieMae
12-04-2007, 05:27 AM
subbing

Close2MyHeart
12-04-2007, 05:39 AM
Yesterdays were all done except the laundry. :sigh

BBL to tell you if I did todays. :)

Iveyrock
12-04-2007, 07:41 AM
subbing.. I want to play. But DH and I are just this week starting a major revamp of the whole house, so I might need to have different priorities :(. I still want to try, though! Does it count if DH helps?

rstump
12-04-2007, 07:45 AM
subbing.. I want to play. But DH and I are just this week starting a major revamp of the whole house, so I might need to have different priorities :(. I still want to try, though! Does it count if DH helps?

Absoultely....DH's can help. Like I have said before....this is about blessing your house. I certainly don't think "we" mothers are the ONLY ones responsible for our homes. Atleast it isn't that way in my house...I have 4 kids and a mother that live with me too. :)

Jump in where you can. Let us know what you are doing.

Also.....feel free to post ideas you have. One reason I liked being in charge this month is I can set up things I need to get done....LOL

abbiroads
12-04-2007, 07:55 AM
My dh is helping a lot, but we are working together it is really fun!

I need to wash diapers today. And I have to get the fridge done before we go meet (GCM) friends at the park this afternoon. It's so nice to have a clean kitchen, I feel like I can cook whatever I want!

momof3muffins
12-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Borrowed items (well, really just items left here) are by the door and I will take them to my friend tonight. We don't do libraries - I used to work in one so I try to avoid it :giggle . Laundry is all but folded - even the cloth diapers. Sink is shining. I will clean the fridge when I make all the soups I'm supposed to make today. I even tidied my room and put together everything that I need to take to the Goodwill. All before 10am. Can we do this every month? :smile

Update: The laundry is done and so is the fridge - I think that's everything. :woohoo

rstump
12-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Tuesday, December 4th
Ch #4 - Clean out your frigs, Get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers, Check the Expiration dates on those condiments, Wipe down the shelves, etc (20pts)

My inside is done but I still need to work on the one in the garage.

Bonus #4 - Gather up any library books & borrowed items. Get them back where they belong. (15pts)

We haven't started at the library here since we moved but I gather a few things that need to go back to friends. They are in the van and ready to be returned.

Rebooted today and going going going. 2 baskets upstairs waiting to be folded. More to come up....off to nurse the baby down for a nap and hen fold fold fold. :phew

NayneeNoo
12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Subbing. I just now got around to posting about yesterday's challenge. Off to do today's.

Happy Mom
12-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Fridge is DONE. :) I've been maintaining it really well somehow and it didnt take much to make it sparkle. :)

Off to gather borrowed things...(most of which are my mothers...she'll be happy to have her stuff back! :giggle )

abbiroads
12-04-2007, 09:57 AM
fridge is done!!!!

Happy Mom
12-04-2007, 10:49 AM
borrowed items collected....

Now the laundry is movin' :)

Myrtle
12-04-2007, 10:59 AM
I have stuff that goes to the neighbor, and I've had it gathered up for days. Today's challenge gives me that extra boost to get it over to her house, finally!

I joined late, so if you want to start points from today on, that's totally fine, but I have had a shiny sink every night so far this month. That habit really stuck from last month. :yes

rstump
12-04-2007, 11:05 AM
I have stuff that goes to the neighbor, and I've had it gathered up for days. Today's challenge gives me that extra boost to get it over to her house, finally!

I joined late, so if you want to start points from today on, that's totally fine, but I have had a shiny sink every night so far this month. That habit really stuck from last month. :yes

Glad you are back to join us! I added in your points (you sure deserve them for all those shiny sinks! :)

I will up date the OP after I get my little one down for a nap.

tempus vernum
12-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Hmm. . .borrowed sutff :scratch I am trying to remember if I have any - thankfully, our new "library shelf" is working wonders and all the library books live there at the moment :)

I am working on these - almost done but it's lunch time so. . . sink not shiny and my one load of laundry is not done. . . . . working. . .working. . working.. . . .

Close2MyHeart
12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Challenge done. Bonus is done except I haven't brought the books back yet... DH is planning to tonight since I don't wanna go out in the never-ending snowfall. Plus I have a kid who has been throwing up all day. Blech.

Laundry... 5 loads done so far... and folded. Not put away yet. Continuing on w/ it... :sigh

LadybugSam
12-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Tuesday, December 4th

DONE!

Collected and ready to go when i drop off my christmas cards, (BTW that library shelf thing is a good idea :think)

not time yet :P but it is shiny right now

sorted and ready for friday :P

OH yes, i rock :dance :P It feels good to be on top of my housework like this :)

Living My Dream
12-04-2007, 11:57 AM
fridge done!

borrowed stuff ready to see the people when they get back from hol (does that count???)

washing done - DS even let me put the scared teddy in too!!!!

and going to shine my sink now! WOO! Im getting the hang of this!

Thanks rstump

naturallia
12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Returned and got more library books. :)

rstump
12-04-2007, 12:31 PM
:phew

You girls are BUSY BUSY blessing your homes and your families. Keep up the good work!

:rose

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

:jump2 :jump2

:danced :danced :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

I updated the points. Let me know if I missed anything. My spread sheet is onto 2 pages of challengers....way to go! Invite others to join us! :hug2

greendelight
12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Fridge cleaned, borrowed stuff taken care of, laundry done, and sink shiny (cooking finished for today)!

Now I have to take care of the rest of the stuff on my list for today! :phew

joyful mama
12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
fridge done :tu

fervently working on laundry- 3 baskets folded, almost all put away, one load washed and dried, another almost done in the wash, which leaves only one less to wash!

Will gather things to go back to friends in a bit. No library books lingering ;). things to goodwill are in a large pile in the hall downstairs, ready for dh to put in van. Its too darn cold out to do it all myself. With the windchill it has to be around 10-15 degrees or so :shiver

greenjellysnakes
12-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Okay, a little late, but I decluttered 8 books yesterday.

I've cleaned out my freezer, it was much worse than the fridge. But I am about to go finish off cleaning the fridge.

All borrowed items are gathered together and ready to go out the door.

Sink is shining.

Laundry is caught up! :rockon

Living My Dream
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Sink not shiny in my house! :blush too tired after all ive done today. DH making me a bacon n egg sarni cos he's really impressed with the unpacking and completely transformed dining room! Im so proud of myself but know i will hate coming down to an unshiny sink in the morning. But, I had to be honest, it wont get done now, so please take my points off.

Night all, its after 10pm here, see you all tomorrow. x

dylansmom
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Fridge clean!
Borrowed items collected and ready to be returned tomorrow
Sink Shiny
Laundry caught up

naturallia
12-04-2007, 04:45 PM
So that's what that smell was!!!! :doh a single slice of raw bacon somehow fell out of the package and behind the crisper drawer. :sick But the fridge is looking better- check!

My sink was shiny just a minute ago, but now there are dishes I found in the living room sitting in there... I'm still counting it as shiny! The dishwasher is full and going, no room for the few dishes. :P~

And laundry has been rebooted! :rockon

rstump
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I just sat down to take a break and nurse. Making a big dinner....homemade meatballs, homemade sauce, polenta & zucchini pancakes...yummy but a BIG messy kitchen.

I HOPE to get a shiny sink tonight but it is NOT looking good. I just take a picture of ALLL the MESS I made tonight. I can't wait to EAT it.

I was trying to catch up but the baby keeps grabbing the screen. I will update the OP with points later.

Keep up the good works mamas!

tempus vernum
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Ch #4 - Clean out your frigs, Get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers, Check the Expiration dates on those condiments, Wipe down the shelves, etc (20pts) DOne

Bonus #4 - Gather up any library books & borrowed items. Get them back where they belong. (15pts) Done

Shiny Sink - Get that sink really shiny before you go off to bed. (10pts)Done.

Where's your Laundry.....Caught up! (10pts) Done
Keep it going thru the day. Don't let that clean basket sit too long....get it folded/hung up and put away.

:phew :phew

Wow, everyone is doing so so well :) :) :)

TwinMommy03
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
subbing!

purstrength
12-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Ch #4 Clean fridge DONE!
B #4 Borrowed items gathered DONE!
Sink shiny DONE!
Laundry DONE!

Close2MyHeart
12-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Everything done today. :woohoo

rstump
12-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Awesome.....my DH and my DD's are cleaning my WHOLE kitchen for me.

I was cooking for 4 1/2 hours today to make dinner....it was sooooo yummy but took WAY too long. LOL. They kicked me out of the kitchen and told me they would shine my sink. :)

:woohoo Everyone accomplished so much today.

LadybugSam
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Awesome.....my DH and my DD's are cleaning my WHOLE kitchen for me.

I was cooking for 4 1/2 hours today to make dinner....it was sooooo yummy but took WAY too long. LOL. They kicked me out of the kitchen and told me they would shine my sink. :)

:woohoo Everyone accomplished so much today.

:heart :heart :heart

WI Mama05
12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Ch #4 - Clean out your frigs, Get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers, Check the Expiration dates on those condiments, Wipe down the shelves, etc Done

Bonus #4 - Gather up any library books & borrowed items. Get them back where they belong. I didn't have any to return, but I made some phone calls I've been putting off, does that count?

Shiny Sink - Get that sink really shiny before you go off to bed. Done

Where's your Laundry.....Caught up! Done

rstump
12-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Ch #4 - Clean out your frigs, Get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers, Check the Expiration dates on those condiments, Wipe down the shelves, etc Done

Bonus #4 - Gather up any library books & borrowed items. Get them back where they belong. I didn't have any to return, but I made some phone calls I've been putting off, does that count?

Shiny Sink - Get that sink really shiny before you go off to bed. Done

Where's your Laundry.....Caught up! Done

That is great Kim. You got a lot done. I have those phone calls too....I need to put that on my list for tomorrow. :heart

joyful mama
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Tuesday, December 4th

Ch #4 - Clean out your frigs, Get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers, Check the Expiration dates on those condiments, Wipe down the shelves, etc (20pts) DONE

Bonus #4 - Gather up any library books & borrowed items. Get them back where they belong. (15pts) DONE ready to ship my friends' book I've had for a loong time :bag

Shiny Sink - Get that sink really shiny before you go off to bed. (10pts) DONE

Keep it going thru the day. Don't let that clean basket sit too long....get it folded/hung up and put away. DONE :jawdrop this was no small feat. took about 4 hours.

Six Little Feet
12-04-2007, 08:12 PM
bbl

marathonmom
12-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Tuesday, December 4th

Ch #4 - Clean out your frigs, Get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers, Check the Expiration dates on those condiments, Wipe down the shelves, etc (20pts) done

Bonus #4 - Gather up any library books & borrowed items. Get them back where they belong. (15pts)half done - gathered them up found some overdue will take them back tomorrow

Shiny Sink - Get that sink really shiny before you go off to bed. (10pts) done

Keep it going thru the day. Don't let that clean basket sit too long....get it folded/hung up and put away. Done!

Way to GO GIRLS.....We have a lots of challengers. Feel free to join in! The more the merrier.

KatieMae
12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
:no2 I didn't do anything today. I have to go do some laundry now so we have clothes to wear tomorrow. :sigh

Happy Mom
12-04-2007, 09:05 PM
((Hugs)) KatieMae

Accomplished everything today...just finished shining my sink and putting away the last of my laundry. I cant believe I'm caught up on laundry!

hink4687
12-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Tuesday, December 4th

Cleaned out fridge - 20
shiny sink - 10
laundry - 10

tryin-to-FROG
12-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Done- wow my fridge looks so clean!

- Gather up any library books & borrowed items. -will do tomorrow

Done-very shiny sink

Done laundry all caught up! wow I am amazed about this!

Oh and I did yesterdays bonus today- addresses envelopes for christmas cards!
ok where is tomorrows challange?- I like knowing before I go to bed- then I can have my game plan set up:)lol

ElectricEarth
12-05-2007, 06:40 AM
Got a shiny sink and laundry caught up. Didn't quite finish the fridge though.

rstump
12-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Sorry girls....I crashed last night and forgot to get the new challenge up before I went to bed.

Here you go!

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=147812.0

abbiroads
12-05-2007, 06:59 AM
fridge done and shiney sink. I couldn't get to the laundry last night, I fell asleep with Eli at 7:00 :O

rstump
12-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Just a quick note.......

Can you everyone please........ when updating on what you have accomplished.....please start a new post. I seem to be missing those 'edits" in the points.

I think it would be easier if everyone just started a new post that way I can't miss it.

THANKS....sooo much mamas!

Six Little Feet
12-05-2007, 08:03 AM
all i managed was to be caught up on laundry :blush

Myrtle
12-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Didn't clean fridge ~ it was still in good shape from last month. Threw out some old casserole, but that was it.
Took back borrowed items, finally! Glad to have them out of the house.

Laundry caught up. Dh fixed supper, and I fell asleep early, so the sink wasn't shiny. But at least the dishwasher was run, and it was easy to clean up this morning.

NayneeNoo
12-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Tuesday, December 4th

EVERYTHING done. Fridge, library books, shiny sink & laundry. :yes