PDA

View Full Version : I have a laundry quandry!

WI Mama05
12-03-2007, 06:49 AM
I am HORRIBLE at getting stains out. HORRIBLE! I get to the point where I just don't care and we all have stained clothes becuase of it :blush.

OK, so last week DD wore a white shirt and off white sweater when we went into town (yes, she dressed herself and I didn't have the heart to tell her to change. That sweater is supposed to be for dressy, but sometimes you're just too tired to argue ;)).

Anyway, stopped for lunch and DD took her chocolate milk and shook it in the air while it was open :no2 :jawdrop. Yep, chocolate milk ALL OVER her! There was a big glob in her hair that S L O W L Y dripped down her face and neck and landed all over her sweater and shirt :giggle. It was actually quite funny and I'm sorry I didn't get a picutre.

So, when we got home I put the clothes in a tub with water and detergent. Now I need to deal with it and wash it. What's going to be the best way to do this. I have some Oxyclean laundry stuff, and detergent. Along with baking soda and vinegar. I just have no idea where to go with it!

HELP!!!

tempus vernum
12-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I have found that Oxiclean works great on chocolate and you just reminded me to get some :giggle. I would put the clothes on the bottom of a bucket, sprinkle quite a bit of oxiclean on the stains and add warm/hot water to cover the clothes. Then I would let it sit for several days until it's gone. Actually this method works even for old stains

:giggle we have had this happen with clothes that is supposed to be "dressy" :sigh

rstump
12-03-2007, 01:45 PM
that is what I would do with a big stain like that. For everyday stuff I use Bac-Out.

tempus vernum
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
For everyday stuff I use Bac-Out.

Me too, I LOVE bac-out :) :) :)

Marielle
12-03-2007, 02:14 PM
hottest water that the fabric can take in a small tub with a healthy scoop of oxyclean. Swish and let sit for 24-48 hours. Then wash.

Also I've found that Zout as a pretreater and the above oxyclean routine (although I soak whole loads in the washing machine) is a great combo.