PDA

View Full Version : November homekeeping - WINNERS ANNOUNCED IN OP!

joyful mama
11-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Top five challengers and award points:

*This was tough, since I wasn't sure if I should award Laura points and how much for yesterday. I thought about it and prayed about it, and thought this was a fair call:
*llsparks00/Laura and rstump/Renee TIED FOR FIRST PLACE!
*Second place: Kim/ WI Mama05
*Third place: greendelight/Nickie
*Fourth place rdkkks/Rachelle

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

LKsparks00/Laura-1220
rstump/Renee- 1215
WI Mama05/Kim- 1085
greendelight/Nickie- 1035
rdkkks/Rachelle-705

AandNsMom- 75
Amber- 595
apmommy/Kirsti- 40
Close2myheart-205
ElectricEarth/Terra- 640
jewelmcjem/Gem-415
joyful mama/Jen- 890- I don't count in the prizes ;)
katiekind/Kathy- 140
NayneeNoo/Amy- 155
Niphredil- 105
Playful mommy- 115

EVERYONE did an amazing job :heart. Every little bit you did, even if it was one challenge or a few nights shining your sink, remember that you blessed your home :heart. I hope you've enjoyed this- I have! I'm looking forward to December with you guys :heart

Top challengers, please pm me your address and your prize will be in the mail by the end of next week :heart

ElectricEarth
11-30-2007, 04:58 AM
Wow! I can't believe this is the last challenge!

WI Mama05
11-30-2007, 06:15 AM
:hug2 Hope you got some sleep :heart. and :dance on last challenge day! I should actually be home for a good part of the day so YAY! :woohoo

I forgot to post yesterday, but I am going to be gone probably 2 weeks out of December, so if someone does take on the challenge for December, I'll be popping on and off. I would REALLY like to take it up in January with earnest, decluttering and organizing once the holidays are over though!!!!! One challenge for then I can suggest: cleaning your storage area! (basement, crawl space, that dungeon closet) and organizing all the "Stuff" you've been decluttering :sillygrin.

Back later with what I've done today!

joyful mama
11-30-2007, 03:36 PM
no dusting yet, will attempt in a bit.

1 hour 45 minutes stuffing Christmas cards and working on Christmas scrapbooks for grandparents :phew :tu.

Bonus 2 done!

updating now...

joyful mama
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
*bumpity bump* :grin

rstump
11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
LAST CHALLENGE: Done....those ceiling fans were YUCKY.

Bonus 1: We did more Christmas decorating today. Only about 2 hours worth. But the house is almost done....yeah.

Bonus 2:. I did our eating area. I reorganized the cookbooks. Scrubbed down the table & chairs...even the little side parts and holes. Nice clean table for dinner tonight.

Sink is shiny (sorry I posted on the other thread first.......I grabbed the wrong link.....:bag)

Myrtle
11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
ok, I haven't done bonus #2 yet, but the night is still young. I, however, am not. It might not get done.

This morning I did the dusting before leaving for what was going to be a 2-hour work session on Christmas stuff at church. The kids were doing great, and then ds fell asleep, and so I ended up working from 11:30-5:00 when dh came and picked us up. We're having a Christmas dinner and donation thing for some families in our neighborhood, and I'm in charge of the donation end of things. This is the biggest "to-do" on my list to get ready for Christmas, and even after 5 1/2 hours I'm only about 1/3 of the way through stuff. I don't know if it counts for this, though, since it's Christmas related, but it wasn't related to my home (except that that's where alot of my decluttered clutter went :shifty )

Sink is shiny. :phew

greendelight
11-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Last challenge is complete! I spent 3 hours on Christmas stuff today (I really thought I was finished...boy was I wrong!), and I cleaning the living room thoroughly! My sink is also very much shiny!

:clap for you Jen and everyone who stuck with it!!! :heart

Myrtle
11-30-2007, 07:27 PM
alright, I couldn't stand it. Bonus #2 done. I'm getting to bed much later than I'd anticipated, but it's a good kind of tired that sends me to sleep tonight.

I have really enjoyed this challenge this month. Knowing other women were out there working to make their homes better encouraged me more than I can tell. :heart

KatieMae
11-30-2007, 07:30 PM
:rockon You all are awesome! I've been lurking on this month's challenge, thinking "next month, I'll do it!" so I hope someone will continue it!!! I actually need to turn this off RIGHT NOW & go vac & dust so I have a clean place to put our Christmas tree tomorrow. ;)

joyful mama
11-30-2007, 10:40 PM
:hug I'm so glad so many stuck with me on this :heart

My home is looking so good! my sink is shiny, and its a habit now. It doens't take as long as I thought it did to do it every night :lol

I spent another hour and a half ordering prints for grandparent's scrapbooks, picking them up and I cropped all 80 of the pics :jawdrop. I also made about 10 pages or so and cropped background paper for another 25 or so!

Never did get to the dusting :shifty

But I did pick up your prizes, hope you like them :heart

KatieMae :hug. I'm sure one of us can come up with a December challenge. It would be fun to do this every month :yes
will update tomorrow with the winners!

Edited b/c I was going to attempt updating but I'm too tired :tired :yawn

Nightingale
11-30-2007, 10:45 PM
forgot to post shiny sink last nite and it's shiny tonite too. No challenges today for me

joyful mama
11-30-2007, 10:47 PM
forgot to post shiny sink last nite and it's shiny tonite too. No challenges today for me
:hug well, you're getting 20 points for shining your sink tonight!

ElectricEarth
12-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Went to bed with a shiny sink!

Today is my DS's 3rd birthday party, so I ended up spending about 4 hours getting things ready for it yesterday (making cakes, cleaning rooms). I actually didn't clean our living space and dust until this morning. But, I'm happy to have done it!

This has been a lot of fun. I feel like I've actually started some good habits. Thank you!

WI Mama05
12-01-2007, 07:22 AM
I didn't get on last night :O and if it's too late, that's fine (I didn't really get a TON done HK wise yesterday anyway) but I did spend about 1.5 hrs on Christmas stuff, dusted and cleaned the living room :shrug. That's it. It was Friday, so - of course - no shined sink :P~ :blush

joyful mama
12-01-2007, 08:44 AM
I didn't get on last night :O and if it's too late, that's fine (I didn't really get a TON done HK wise yesterday anyway) but I did spend about 1.5 hrs on Christmas stuff, dusted and cleaned the living room :shrug. That's it. It was Friday, so - of course - no shined sink :P~ :blush
nope, not too late, I'm updating now! Don't be embarassed, you've done an awesome job :heart

Electric Earth :hug have a wonderful time at your ds' party.

updating now girls :)

joyful mama
12-01-2007, 09:29 AM
BUMP TOP CHALLENGERS LISTED IN OP :hug :cheer :heart

WI Mama05
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
:congrats everyone! What a great job during a holiday month! :heart