PDA

View Full Version : NHK Challenge #12

joyful mama
11-26-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm laying on the points and bonuses, girls!

Challenge #12: Freshen up the kitchen! I hope you all don't mind me bringing us back to the kitchen, but since we probably all spend a lot of time in there, and it was first on our challenge a few weeks ago, I figured it would be a good place to focus our energy once again :heart.

So, this is what I'm challenging. Spend at least 20 minutes sprakling your kitchen. Do you need to declutter? Deep clean the stove? How's that fridge looking?How 'bout those countertops? Tackle this heavy traffic area for at least 20 minutes. You can take 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there... whatever you need to get in your 20 minutes throughout the day! Worth 20 points.

BONUS 1: Scrub down your kitchen cabinets! Worth 20 points.

BONUS 2: Entryway! When you come in your door (front or back, where you come in most often) what do you see? Is it neat and clean or cluttered? Floor icky? Are there things there that don't belong? Take the time to freshen this area up, so when you come through that door you smile :hearts. Worth 20 points.

You have until midnight on Tuesday to complete these challenges!

You guys are doing *so* well!! Keep up the great work!

Updating list as of Monday at midnight.
------------------------------------
AandNsMom- 75
Amber- 260
apmommy/Kirsti- 40
Close2myheart-185
ElectricEarth/Terra- 470
greendelight/Nickie- 555
jewelmcjem/Gem-365
joyful mama/Jen- 390
katiekind/Kathy- 140
LKsparks00/Laura-525
NayneeNoo/Amy- 155
Niphredil- 105
Playful mommy- 100
rdkkks/Rachelle-390
rstump/Renee- 505
WI Mama05/Kim- 530

rstump
11-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Good ones....subbing for tomorrow. off to bed....night night

joyful mama
11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
any thoughts about new challenges for the next few days? The last day is Friday!

rstump
11-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Baseboards

Wipe down all doors & lightswitches,

Outside front door....straighten outside

Dust and wipe down all pictures frames

Wash windows....inside (and out....maybe)

Wipe down the inside of cabinets

Clean the oven inside and out

Six Little Feet
11-27-2007, 12:26 AM

:haha

you must live in the warm south 'cause there is no way I am going to go outside windows :giggle :giggle

rstump
11-27-2007, 07:20 AM

:haha
you must live in the warm south 'cause there is no way I am going to go outside windows :giggle :giggle

LOL....I forget that it is winter every place else......hehe.....I live just outside Daytona Beach, FL :) We just recently turned the A/C off and opened the windows....but we are still hot.

Close2MyHeart
11-27-2007, 07:20 AM
subbing

Myrtle
11-27-2007, 07:50 AM
kitchen is clean~ and if you read my post in challenge#11, you'll know that was no small feat this morning. :no

entryway is straight and clean also

cabinets are wiped down

WI Mama05
11-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Baseboards

Wipe down all doors & lightswitches,

Outside front door....straighten outside

Dust and wipe down all pictures frames

Wipe down the inside of cabinets

Clean the oven inside and out

I think those are all GREAT ideas :rockon BUT (you knew there'd be a but didn't you :P~) it's supposed to be WELL below normal temps here this week (we're talking highs in the single digets-teens) and there is no way I'll be able to do any washing outside. :shrug

I do need to do my oven though. Only problem is.....the self clean feature isn't working and I'm honestly not sure how to clean an oven without it :blush.

My kitchen cabinets could use a GOOD going through too. I just did two last night and they look so good that my other ones PALE in comparason :O.

What about some decorating/christmas related challenges? Like the cards, wrapping, making menu plans....that was helpful this weekend, but I still have SO much to do and no time to budget it seems!

Also, my storage room is a mess...maybe a closet or storage area tidy up/purge (I can really tell from getting decorations out/putting shopping bags in!)?

There is so much more, but I'm trying to make it relavent for the season!

rstump
11-27-2007, 09:04 AM
I did my 20 min in the kitchen.....swept, set the oven to clean, scrubbed the top, scrubbed my shinny sink...around the edges and everything.

I did the bonus too......ALL cabinets are wiped down and my entry way is clear and neat!

Everything is complete and my sink is shiny.....dishwasher is running....atleast from after Breakfast....only 2 hours till LUNCH. :)

ElectricEarth
11-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Gonna have to opt out of this one...we're all sick. :sad2

joyful mama
11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
:hugheart :pray4 i hope you feel better soon!

Close2MyHeart
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I only did the Bonus 2 so far. I may go do the main challenge after the kids go to bed. I'm sick & DH is working late so I'd really rather just watch TV, but my kitchen is driving me BONKERS.

joyful mama
11-27-2007, 04:16 PM
:hug2

jewelmcjem
11-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Yay, just happened to get some of these done while nesting yesterday and today. Decluttered magnet stuff on fridge, completely emptied and wiped down walls and shelves.

Have had shiny sink each night.

Swept leaves out of back entry, picked up kids scarves, gloves, shoes.

Probably won't do cabinets, just a little too much for tonight.

ElectricEarth
11-27-2007, 05:56 PM
:hugheart :pray4 i hope you feel better soon!

Thank you. Me too!

WI Mama05
11-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Challenge and both bonuses done. Sink shiny :rockon.

greendelight
11-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Challenge and both bonuses done here too. Oh, and my sink is shiny.

joyful mama
11-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Challenge done, 1 was bonus done, and my sink is shiny. I'm going to bed after posting the next challenge/bonuses and will update points tomorrow afternoon. I have a morning full of appointments so I won't get to it until later :hug

joyful mama
11-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Find out about challenge 13 and lots of bonuses here:
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=146670.0

Nightingale
11-27-2007, 09:54 PM
:phew challenge done, both bonuses, and shiny sink :rockon

Myrtle
11-28-2007, 06:20 AM
shiny sink on Tuesday night. Dh shined it to make up for the mess on Monday. :) :heart

rstump
11-28-2007, 07:08 AM
My sink was nice and shiny last night and all of these were done inclluding bonuses....off to see today's.

Amber
11-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Well I got my kitchen clean, and the cabnets wiped down last night...but I never got to the entry way or the sink.

joyful mama
11-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Well I got my kitchen clean, and the cabnets wiped down last night...but I never got to the entry way or the sink.
awesome job :rockon