PDA

View Full Version : How to clean up a soap spill

Iarwain
11-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Another post just reminded me about something I figured out a month or two ago. I have the greatest tip for cleaning up spilled soap! Now of course you know not to add water because that'll just make it spread and suds up more, but what do you do when you've dry wiped all you can and there's still some left? In one case someone who shall remain nameless - but who is 3 years old and has a mischievous streak - had dumped dishsoap in a cedar chest unbeknownst to me and it soaked in. The only way to get it out was to soak and wipe and soak and wipe. Very aggravating.

Anyway, here's the trick. After dry wiping what you can, add a couple drops of simethicone gas drops to the spill and it'll keep it from foaming up while you wipe! Simethicone is the stuff they put in baby gas drops like Mylicon or generic equivalents. I keep some on hand for my animals because it can help as one part of treating for bloat in small ruminants, which can be a life-threatening emergency. It's pretty cheap if you get the store brand and it works AWESOME on spilled soap. :tu

joyful mama
11-26-2007, 10:26 PM
:tu