PDA

View Full Version : I love AP

MaySunflowers
11-21-2007, 09:33 AM
When I grew up my mother had a horrible temper and hit and spanked a lot and not always for the "right" reasons.

I've been doing AP since my daughter arrived and I have to say I can really see the difference and I love it. When I get mad, and yell sometimes (not too much though), my daughter is never afraid of me. She might cry and ask if I am "not sad now" but she is never in fear that I will do something to her. I really like that and its been worth all the effort. It makes me feel like we will have a close bond (something I don't have at all with my mother).

I just wanted to share that.

Havilah
11-21-2007, 09:47 AM
:heart

homesteadmama
11-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow! My mom was the same as yours and I haven't talked to her in eight years. I had a DD in January and sometimes wonder if all this AP will pay off. Thanks so much for sharing your story---it give me hope and encouragement. :heart It can be scary knowing what not to do, but wondering if what you are doing is the right thing.

3PeasInAPod
11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
:heart

My dad was a yeller. I have the same tendency. One thing with gentle discipline that has helped is "reflecting feelings" this does 2 things for me - helps me understand his feelings & gives me patience to deal with it.
I don't know where we'd be without practing AP & GBD :heart