PDA

View Full Version : This is why we don't like having nice furniture in our house... :(

hey mommy
11-16-2007, 04:17 PM
C's friend K is over. We spent 2 days last weekend telling K NOT to swivel in the new rocker/swivel/recliner. We are trying to keep it in good shape. The 'no swiveling' thing is a rule DH came up with, so I'm just enforcing it.... now I know why. :(

They were playing a game on the xbox and the wire to the controller got caught around the bottom of the chair when she swiveled in the chair. When I pulled it, it was greasy and I didn't notice until the grease had already got the chair. :( So now I'm struggling to get grease out of my brand new beautiful microfiber chair.. I'm so upset, I'm actually trying not to cry. K is fine. I held it together and I think I may have scared her a little. I think she was waiting for me to yell or something.. I kept my cool and when K suggested "lets go play on nick jr.com" I said "YES, GOOD IDEA!" and shooed them away.. And I told K she wasn't in trouble. I just wanted to get it cleaned up as soon as possible...

So, any ideas on how to grease out of microfiber? I used folex on it and I'm hoping that will do it.. DH is gonna be so upset... This is the nicest piece of furniture we have ever owned, and now I know why.... It's just not worth it.. We'll stick w/cruddy furntiture until the kids are grown...

joystrength
11-16-2007, 04:26 PM
DH is a manager at a furniture store. I'll ask him when he gets home.

Have you tried a "damp" microfiber cloth? No soap?

righteous mama
11-16-2007, 04:33 PM
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf544599.tip.html

Someone mentioned lighter fluid...that scares me. But, a lot mentioned alcohol...for the couch, not you. They said a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcohol took it right out.

hey mommy
11-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks.. I'll check out that link. It's lighter, but not gone.. Thankfully it's at the bottom of the foot rest, so it's not real noticable.

joystrength
11-17-2007, 08:28 AM
DH is a manager at a furniture store. I'll ask him when he gets home.

Have you tried a "damp" microfiber cloth? No soap?

well.dh said joy dish soap and a damp microfiber cloth ... any soap tha t cuts grease really well ...

:nak2 :lol

hey mommy
11-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I just happen to have joy dishsoap in the house..And microfiber cloths.. Too cool!

RachamMama
11-18-2007, 10:58 PM
But, a lot mentioned alcohol...for the couch, not you.

:haha :funny

LadybugSam
11-18-2007, 11:00 PM
oh i'm no help, but i hope you get it out :hugheart