PDA

View Full Version : How often do you...

greendelight
11-16-2007, 12:15 PM
clean the bathroom (scrub tub, toilets)?

clean the kitchen?

mop the floors?

vacuum?

dust the furniture (take everything off and dust)?

ilikestrawberryjello
11-16-2007, 01:21 PM
clean the bathroom: :crazy2 eek...not nearly often enough. A really good cleaning...probably once a month. I tidy up every week though
clean the kitchen: at least once a day if not more often. We have a really small kitchen and it gets messy really fast
mop the floors: :shifty I have a dog does that count?
vacuum: probably twice a week, once again the dog factors in on that.
dust: every other week or so.

tree_hugger
11-16-2007, 01:21 PM

I wipe down all surfaces and clean the toilet daily. It is very frsutrating because we have hard water and mineral deposits in the toilet, and it always looks gross. :(

clean the kitchen?

2 - 3 times per day, and a really good clean before bed.

mop the floors?

I do spot mops as needed, and DH mops properly once a week. I sweep several times daily.

vacuum?

Little messes I do daily with the dustbuster, I get out the Kirby and do the whole house once or twice a week. I should do that one more!

When MIL is coming over or it looks really bad! :shifty

milkmommy
11-16-2007, 01:26 PM
clean the bathroom (scrub tub, toilets)? I spot clean daily deeper clean as in tub toliets light mopping every 2-3 days and about once a month totally clean and disinfect declutter ect

clean the kitchen? 247 times a day :lol dishes done after meals or before if they've piled up between meals stove top counters wiped daily as used floors swept three times a day mopped every other (inclding "dining") area

mop the floors? every other day

vacuum? every other day and rotating down stairs and upstairs

dust the furniture (take everything off and dust)? weekly

Deanna

cindergretta
11-16-2007, 01:36 PM
clean the bathroom (scrub tub, toilets)? Wiped down daily (all surfaces), scrubbed 2x a week

clean the kitchen? all day, every day- I can't stand a dirty kitchen!!

mop the floors? We have almost exclusively hardwood and linoleum floors- fully mopped by dh weekly, swept 3x a day, spills cleaned up as needed

vacuum? once or twice a day

dust the furniture (take everything off and dust)? Whenever I think about it/notice it is icky!

Nightingale
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Once a week

clean the kitchen?
daily
mop the floors?
weekly

vacuum?
2-3 times a week, up to every day
once every few weeks.

blessedwithboys
11-16-2007, 01:43 PM
clean the bathroom (scrub tub, toilets)? Hopefully wiped down every 2 or 3 days. Scrubbed um, every couple weeks. :blush

clean the kitchen? At least once a day, but if we're home all day then twice a day. Dishes in the dishwasher as I go.

mop the floors? Once a week

vacuum? every other day (we just have one rug downstairs and it gets vacuumed every day usually b/c the baby crawls on it a lot)

dust the furniture (take everything off and dust)? People dust furniture? :O When it looks dusty or every couple months when I flip out.

hink4687
11-16-2007, 10:31 PM
toilets - weekly, tub more like 2 x's a month

clean the kitchen?
daily

mop the floors?
eek - this i'm bad at...probably just once or twice a month but I do spot clean it with a rag as needed

vacuum?
like 5 - 6 x's a week...another dog owner!

with a feather duster...once a week

Brightdays
11-16-2007, 10:44 PM
We scrub the entire bathroom down daily. 2 Adults and 5 children, it gets dirty fast.

clean the kitchen?
Every day.

mop the floors?
Every 2 days.

vacuum?
No Need we have no carpet

Once a week and it takes all day

ReedleBeetle
11-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Toilets/counters 1x per week or so
Tub/floors 1-2x per month :O or when company is coming that will be using them

clean the kitchen?
Everyday or everyother day if we don't eat at home for dinner. Dishes in the dishwasher usually every day.

mop the floors?
:shifty Um......when I stick to them? I do sweep them at least 2x per week.

vacuum?
1 time per week unless the baby makes a big mess. He uses the dustbuster to clean up his own smaller messes as needed.

When I notice the dust or major company is coming.

Ok, now I don't know if we are exceptionally clean people and I don't need to clean often, or if I am a dirty housekeeper. Maybe I need a schedule. :think

Ellen
11-16-2007, 11:38 PM
I clean the toilets and counters/sinks/mirrors about weekly, but I don't do the shower/tub and floors as often.

Kitchen requires cleaning daily.

We sweep the floors most days, but only mop about once a week (usually on the day when we're having our church care group over)

We have all wood floors and just two area rugs, which I vacuum once a week at most.

I very seldom dust. DH will do it when it starts to bug him, or if I get really ambitious, I'll do it.

The rest of y'all make me feel like a slob!

MrsLisaE
11-17-2007, 02:28 AM
clean the bathroom (scrub tub, toilets)? once a week, spot clean twice daily

clean the kitchen? several times daily

mop the floors? once a week, twice if needed

vacuum? daughter's allergic to dust mites, daily, sometimes twice daily, four times daily during pollen season

dust the furniture (take everything off and dust)? once a week though i don't do bookshelves...hubby owns hundreds of books so i just dust around them

loveberry
11-17-2007, 02:34 AM
When they look foul or when we are having overnight guests.

clean the kitchen?
When it's gross and I get around to it.

mop the floors?
Mop? I sweep. Sometimes. Not often.

vacuum?
When someone is coming over and I have time. My vac is broken so all I have is the hand attachment and it really, really bums me out to do the whole living room with the hand attachment.

Never. Well maybe when we move. When I dust that means I am about to vacuum and I take the hand attachment around and suck up all the visible dust.

I'm a pretty terrible housekeeper.

rstump
11-20-2007, 07:56 PM

clean the kitchen?
3-6 times a day

A BIG scrubbing....move everything off the counters, cabinets, front of , top of oven.....atleast once a week.

Inside the oven....once a month

mop the floors?
BIG mopping job...atleast once a week. But I throw a towel on the floor and walk it around the HOT spots usually twice a day

vacuum?
Twice a week. Little crawling baby so I do it often

Once every 2 weeks.....sometimes 3....I am bad about this.