PDA

View Full Version : Double jogging strollers

Dandelion
11-16-2007, 10:36 AM
I need a new one. A month ago I had 3 strollers - a single jogger, double jogger, and a Maclaren. Now I just have the Maclaren...the single I lost in our garage fire and the double was stolen off my porch this week. Hmmm....So I am wondering what double joggers other people like. I have had my eye on the Phil and Ted with the jump seat because it looks smaller, more managable than some others. Does anyone have a Phil and Ted and like it? or not like it? And does anyone know of a double jogger that is competitive to the Phil and Ted.

Six Little Feet
11-16-2007, 10:52 AM
well not the same but i have this and it is awesome

http://www.chariotcarriers.com/html_english/cheetah2.htm

arwen
11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
we are selling ours....
it's nice.... :yes
we paid 350 for ours....
where do you live?

Dandelion
11-16-2007, 03:00 PM
we live in pa....

arwen
11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
we're in va...i'm sure you don't want to pay shipping.... :giggle

Dandelion
11-16-2007, 09:25 PM
no, but thank you anyway :yes

Sweet Life
12-12-2007, 01:56 PM
We have a Baby Jogger brand baby jogger and we love it. It's made for runners; not really a combo stroller that you'd also want to take to the mall (although you *could*). BOB also has a double jogger that might be better for dual purposes. Friends who have the BOB really like it too. Not sure how either compares to Phil and Ted though. Good luck!

JennyLynn
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
We have the Instep SafariTT. It was about $200 and I like it. It's not as fancy as some of the others out there, but the kids love it and it's easy to push!

BornFreeBaby
12-18-2007, 12:08 AM
First off, there is NO perfect double stroller. They all have their issues. I have the phil and ted's. I DO love it so much better than the double side-by-side joggers (which don't fit through doors), and I love it better than the double combi I had. I put dd2 (21months) in the front seat so she can see whats going on, and dd1 walks and jumps into the back seat when she's tired. BUT dd2 cannot stand being in the back seat because she can't see very well- which is not good for things like the zoo because she just can't see. Its not a good stroller to feed the kids in because there is no tray. It IS a WONDERFUL, easy to handle, easy to steer jogger for walking and jogging- I love it so much better than the double wide strollers for ease of getting through doors. (I had struggled with the side-by-side combi thru too many doors) and my kids like it when we are actually out exercising, or a trip to the park. BUT for places where we are waiting in line, like Disneyland, dd2 does not want to be in the back seat for a second.

The other problem is that dd2 grabs the wheels in the back seat, so I don't put her back there. Oh, and if you are tall, it may not work well. I really would encourage you to try one out at a baby world store first before you buy one online. My older dd1 doesn't mind walking and jumping in the back seat to rest, but she is fast out growing the weight limit for the back seat (which I think is around 35lbs- the front seat is 50lbs). The good thing is that its easy to change into a single jogger when older dd grows out of the jump seat, and I can have it for baby #3 if we want.

So if you want it just for jogging, I think its awsome. For casual strolling, shopping, waiting around, I would say its not as good as the new graco. But my kids aren't the type to sit in strollers if they aren't moving.

Iansmama
12-18-2007, 06:38 AM
I personally would not use the Phil and Ted's as a jogger. The front wheel is not as big as a standard jogger, it has a swivel option, and the back seat can get in the way of your knees when you are jogging. I think it is an awesome stroller, but not for jogging.

Dreamer design makes a nice double jogger.

http://www.dreamerdesign.net/d_jog_lite.cfm