PDA

View Full Version : It all has to be clean by Wednesday

Forgiven
11-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Due to a lot going on lately and dr visits for the children I'm soooooooooo behind. I've never posted before for accountablilty but I thought I would give it a try. I have to have my entire house clean by Wed. So feel free to :poke :poke :poke :poke
Off to do something; I don't even know where to start.

The Tickle Momster
11-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Is your kitchen sink clean?

Not sure how old your kiddos are, can one clean the bathroom? I write out steps for my 6 y/o and she does an awesome job for her age. (All but the mopping)

Clean of flat surfaces in the living room.

That should get you started.

Let us know how it's going. Post before and after pics.

I have until December 8 to get mine spotless!

LadybugSam
11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
EEEEEK! Thanks for the reminder! Caleb's birthday party is the day after tommorow, and i NEED to clean!

I think i may join you!

This might help you:

Emergency Quick Clean - step by step

1. First things first - Go to each toilet in your house, lift the seat, and put in toilet bowl cleaner. Let it sit in your toilets, as you go through the next few steps. We'll come back to the toilets later.
2. Go into your kitchen, and wash your dishes. If you have a dishwasher, then use it. It's one of your many "servants". ;-)
3. Go to every sink in your house, and spray them all down with spray cleaner, and let sit. We'll get back to the sinks later.
4. Go through every room in your house, and find all the runaway clothes, and put them in their hampers, find the shoes and put them in their bin
5. Go through every room in your house and throw away all the trash.
6. Once again sweep through the rooms and find all the stuff that has migrated away from its home and put them back in their place.
7. The hard part's over. :-) Grab a washcloth, and a spray cleaner, and wipe down your kitchen/dining room table, kitchen counters, bathroom counters.
8. Wipe Down those walls, where the sticky finger prints are
9. Get back to those toilets and sinks! Time to wipe them down, the cleaner has been sitting in them long enough. :-)
10. Almost done! Grab your broom, and do a quick sweep of your kitchen and bathrooms.
11. Time to spot mop. Turn on the hot water in your kitchen sink, get your mop wet, then look at the floor for messy spots, mop over each messy spot. Remember, this is an Emergency Quick Clean, so we're not mopping the whole floor, just the visibly dirty spots. Now do this in your bathrooms as well.
12. Quick Vacuum time... Vacuum your living room and dining room. Focus on the middles. Don't worry about the edges, or under furnature, ect.

Yay! We're done!

And now we're caught up with the important housework and we can be ready for company, or for a deep cleaning, whichever the situation calls for

I know it helps me

Forgiven
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
My kids don't really "clean" things but they can put their toys in their rooms and my oldest knows where the toys should be stored.
I have dilligently worked all morning and I have the dishes done; one drainer left to put away (no dishwasher). I still have to clean the counters etc.
I did fill the food bins I keep on the counter. (I always spill something doing this so I thought I would fill them first).
I have fed all of us lunch.
My oldest has been doing her school work this morning.
I almost finished a christmas ornament while waiting on the school bus to drop of my middle child.
I've nursed the baby twice.
I've given the baby a bath; she decided to take a banana bath instead of eat it.
Gotta try to get the kids down for their naps; and nurse the baby again.
Then I'm coming back to look at your help ideas again.