PDA

View Full Version : ugg quick dryer help

amstermarie
11-15-2007, 10:19 AM
i noticed the dryer crooked.. and i looked back and the hose that vents outside has also been taken off.. should i not run the dryer like this.. i am not sure i should attempt to move it either almost 7 months pregnant.. i think it will make the house hot and then the air will kick on.. dont want to waste electric.. what do you think i don't know who did this maybe one of the kids got a toy there and did it.. :shrug ugggg

BlessedBlue
11-15-2007, 10:43 AM
If the hose that vents the dryer is unhooked, I wouldn't run the dryer - all that lint in the air couldn't be good. And yes, it could heat the house enough to cause the air to kick on.

amstermarie
11-15-2007, 10:53 AM
thanxs leaving it for now..

Drew
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
If the hose that vents the dryer is unhooked, I wouldn't run the dryer - all that lint in the air couldn't be good. And yes, it could heat the house enough to cause the air to kick on.

:yes For sure. You'll pump your house full of heat, humidity, and lint.

amstermarie
11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
it has been like this for a month :mad DH did this b/c the vent on the roof is plugged up.. and the bill has been higher now i know why.. he asked why i was so mad i said it increases the electric bill and we are breathing in lint.. he said no i close the door.. it is in a closet.. :banghead i am so angrey i bet we wasted at leaset 50 bucks.. he said he will fix it this weekend.. i should make him climb up there tonight.. he never told me.. i don't know why i noticed today and not all month... :mad

2sunshines
11-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Do you use a fabric softener? If so, that's even nastier. Those thing emit toxic fumes into the air if you're not being vented correctly.

I'd definitely convince dh to fix it this weekend.

amstermarie
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Do you use a fabric softener? If so, that's even nastier. Those thing emit toxic fumes into the air if you're not being vented correctly..
no thank goodness :)

Drew
11-16-2007, 07:28 AM
:banghead I would have so lost it in your position.