PDA

View Full Version : NHK: Challenge 7! input please! and CHANCE TO EARN BONUS POINTS

joyful mama
11-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Challenge 7: Main bathroom Deep clean your bathroom. Yep,ick! I hate the bathroom. I truthfully didn't want to even post this challenge, but it is a challenge after all :P~

You have until FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16th at midnight to complete this challenge. Its worth 15 points!

I will post the updated point list tomorrow by early afternoon. I haven't updated the last challenge yet :hug.

*Here's a sneak peak into the next few days: we will be finishing the bathroom (decluttering linen closet/extra closet) on Friday. Over the weekend, we're focusing on either the master bedroom or dining room/dining area. Which would you guys prefer? I'd like some input! We'll do one first, than the other.

*Oh, and I was thinking since Thanksgiving is coming up and most of us will be doing lots of cooking/entertaining, we'll get 7 points each night our sink is shined starting on Monday night!

*Bonus! I gave you *two* days to complete cleaning the bathroom. I'm adding a bonus on for extra points, since our next challenge won't be posted until tomorrow night (Friday night). It will give some of us a chance to catch up if you're behind!

BONUS: pick an area thats bothering you. You look at it and think 'ugh, I really need to take care of that! Its driving me crazy!' It could be a pile of mail in your kitchen, your dvds, kids art supply area, whatever. You have until tomorrow night (Friday) before the next challenge. If you finish your 'bonus' area by tomorrow night at midnight you get 15 points

----------------------------------------------------------------
AandNsMom- 20
AdrienneQW- 10
Amber- 125
apmommy/Kirsti- 40
Close2myheart-25
ElectricEarth/Terra- 145
Erinee/Erin-3
greendelight/Nickie- 145
jewelmcjem/Gem-135
joyful mama/Jen- 145
joystrength-20
katiekind/Kathy- 100
LKsparks00/Laura-135
mama2allen- 15
NayneeNoo/Amy- 150
Niphredil- 105
rdkkks/Rachelle-105
rstump/Renee- 155
Terribear/Terri-20
Victorious- 15
WI Mama05/Kim- 145

greendelight
11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Only one day?!? Ah!!!

Myrtle
11-15-2007, 02:47 AM
The master bedroom would be more of a challenge than the dining area for our household.

Hope you're feeling better and got a good night's sleep! :yawn

joyful mama
11-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Only one day?!? Ah!!!
I was thinking two last night. My dilemma- I can't post challenges on Saturday. I guess what I might do is two challenges, like a combination of what needs to get done over the weekend :yes. Ok, I'm extending it for two days! Hope you get the message before you do tons of cleaning :shifty

Close2MyHeart
11-15-2007, 07:36 AM
I did yesterday's challenge, but not the shiny sink...

I'll report back later after this challenge is done. :grin

joyful mama
11-15-2007, 07:37 AM
I did yesterday's challenge, but not the shiny sink...

I'll report back later after this challenge is done. :grin
:rockon I'll be updating the list later today when I have some time to devote to it. I only have a minute or two now .

RealLifeMama
11-15-2007, 07:45 AM
I really need to clean my bathroom.
DH would be really thrilled, too.
I know I am way behind on points, but that is OK, I need to do this for me and my family. That is what it is all about, right?
DH will be really appreciative.
He would also love it and feel really loved if I did some work on the master bedroom.
The dining room needs some work, too, so we can have Thanksgiving in there, so maybe the Dining room makes more sense for Thanksgiving week.

WI Mama05
11-15-2007, 08:11 AM
The master bedroom would be more of a challenge than the dining area for our household.

Hope you're feeling better and got a good night's sleep! :yawn

Bedroom would be great for me! I RARELY Clean it!

Close2MyHeart
11-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Reporting back... bathroom is done. And let me tell you, I discovered something that made me :sick I'm a clean person where the bathroom is concerned. I hate a messy/dirty bathroom and I thought it was clean.... but... well, so I don't disgust you, it had to do w/ the toilet plunger and some yucky water. :sick2

That's all taken care of now and the plunger has been banished forever. (Well... until I get a completely different style of one.) The floor is mopped, walls cleaned, washer/dryer cleaned, sinks sparkling, mirrors shined, tub/shower gleaming and an over-all clean smell!!! :tu

Myrtle
11-15-2007, 11:01 AM
bathroom clean. Boy oh, it needed that! :O

joyful mama
11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
So I didn't get my sink shined last night :(. I have lots to do today, and bathroom is on the list, hopefully I'll get to it soon. The kids both skipped a nap today :doh

Niphredil
11-15-2007, 12:06 PM
I'd vote for the master bedroom. I know I have carpet in there somewhere. :scratch

For now it's off to clean the bathroom for me.

Oh and for a bonus area, I need to finish moving all my junk I started when I relocated my book shelves over a month ago!

WI Mama05
11-15-2007, 06:35 PM
First of all :O I don't think my points got added for yesterday. It's my fault, I edited my first post with the completion instead of posting new....

Second, I cleaned the bathroom spic and span

AND put ALL my DVDs in a travel case instead of having the individual cases hanging all over. UG, those have been sitting and looking at me for TWO MONTHS and this finally MADE ME DO IT!!! WOO HOO!!!

I also shined my sink!!!! :P~

This challenge is really making me keep moving to keep the house going! Thanks so much. :heart

greendelight
11-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Jen, you just made my night! I got on here, and I was feeling kinda low. I had a 4 hour bible study today and then I took my 90 year old grandmother to Wal-Mart so I could help her with all the Thanksgiving shopping. I got home 4 hours later and was exhausted! So, needless to say, I did not get my bathroom completely finished. Thank you for giving us another day!

My sink is shiny tonight.

As for the bedroom or dining room, it doesn't really matter to me. Both need it equally.

joyful mama
11-15-2007, 07:31 PM
First of all :O I don't think my points got added for yesterday. It's my fault, I edited my first post with the completion instead of posting new....

Second, I cleaned the bathroom spic and span

AND put ALL my DVDs in a travel case instead of having the individual cases hanging all over. UG, those have been sitting and looking at me for TWO MONTHS and this finally MADE ME DO IT!!! WOO HOO!!!

I also shined my sink!!!! :P~

This challenge is really making me keep moving to keep the house going! Thanks so much. :heart
I was going to :poke you and ask if you'd finished ;) i'm updating in a bit

:rockon :hug

joyful mama
11-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Jen, you just made my night! I got on here, and I was feeling kinda low. I had a 4 hour bible study today and then I took my 90 year old grandmother to Wal-Mart so I could help her with all the Thanksgiving shopping. I got home 4 hours later and was exhausted! So, needless to say, I did not get my bathroom completely finished. Thank you for giving us another day!

My sink is shiny tonight.

As for the bedroom or dining room, it doesn't really matter to me. Both need it equally.
:hug

jewelmcjem
11-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh, thanks so much for giving us til Friday - I'm just getting online today and I'm pooped. I did shine the sink, tho, before chilling out! I went grocery shopping this morning (WITH 4yo ds - yikes) after I dropped the girls off at school at 8am, didn't get home til noon. Then, hubby helped put groceries away and I went to do my NST. Failed it -- baby was very stressed for some reason, lol. She's fine, though, but then I had to go pick the girls up from school. CRASHED napped for an hour, then started dinner. I had to clear the sink b/c I blew that off last night. I'm so glad I did it tonight so I don't have to face it tomorrow!!! Thanks for helping hold us accountable!

joyful mama
11-15-2007, 08:57 PM
bathroom done, sink done :rockon. bonus area *almost* done. It was the frontway clutter that was bothering me! I decluttered and swept, just want to mop and it will be done. I'm planning on mopping all floors tomorrow.

Gem :hug. so glad your baby is ok :hug

joyful mama
11-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I really need to clean my bathroom.
DH would be really thrilled, too.
I know I am way behind on points, but that is OK, I need to do this for me and my family. That is what it is all about, right?
DH will be really appreciative.
He would also love it and feel really loved if I did some work on the master bedroom.
The dining room needs some work, too, so we can have Thanksgiving in there, so maybe the Dining room makes more sense for Thanksgiving week.

:hug

Niphredil
11-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Sink is done - before midnight, even. Bathroom is...errr... yeah. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

rstump
11-15-2007, 09:50 PM
My sink is shiny....actually under the sink is SHINY again too....had a clogged disposal....YUCK.

Bathroom is DEEP cleaned. It wasn't bad since we just moved in 2 months ago but it is amazing how dirty it can get.

I have 3 boxes that have been in the corner of the dining room....just need to be unpacked but I don't have any place to put the stuff so i keep putting it off. SO....that is on my list for tomorrow....get them unpacked, put away or get rid of the stuff!!

Amber
11-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Sink is shiny. Bonus area is clean...we have one lone counter that seems to collect everything, I found coupons that expried a year and a half ago :giggle. I'm still working on the bathroom, thanks for the extra day.

ElectricEarth
11-16-2007, 05:24 AM
Tasks complete: clean bathroom, shiny sink, clean "ugh" area (sorting and organizing the ridiculous amount of mail piled EVERYWHERE!)

joyful mama
11-16-2007, 06:39 AM
:rockon updating in a bit.

rstump
11-16-2007, 06:48 AM
By baby was up EARLY this am....so I have been busy already. Amazing what you can get down when only the baby is up!

I touched up the bathroom and living room back to how I had them. Cleaned our downstairs half bath and emptied boxes. My TRASH pile just got much bigger YEAH.....more decluttering!

joyful mama
11-16-2007, 06:49 AM
By baby was up EARLY this am....so I have been busy already. Amazing what you can get down when only the baby is up!

I touched up the bathroom and living room back to how I had them. Cleaned our downstairs half bath and emptied boxes. My TRASH pile just got much bigger YEAH.....more decluttering!
:cheer

we just woke up a few mins ago here :shifty

NayneeNoo
11-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Didn't have a chance to post last night. Sink done. Bathroom done. Bonus area (my closet) is clean.

Close2MyHeart
11-16-2007, 07:29 AM
I didn't shine my sink last night. :( It was full of dishes I didn't feel like doing. :blush I did take care of it already this morning though. :)

I vote for the MASTER BEDROOM. 2 reasons: 1 is because I have no dining room and clean the area when I clean the kitchen. :P 2 is because my master bedroom needs it BADLY. :sigh

I won't be working on the bathroom today. I did top to bottom... EVERYTHING yesterday. :tu I'm going to just tidy up the rest of the house.

Nightingale
11-16-2007, 08:00 AM
I shined my sink last nite, and will do the challenges today.

Myrtle
11-16-2007, 11:38 AM
bonus area cleaned yesterday. All this extra cleaning had gotten to me, and I couldn't stand the pile in the kitchen that had accumulated, so I'd already started on it before you posted the challenge. :giggle Also shiny sink last night!

Kids were sick and so was I, and I thought I'd just let it go. But I couldn't. :O

joyful mama
11-16-2007, 01:48 PM
i wonder why so many of us say our master bedrooms need cleaning badly. I walk in mine and go :sigh its just so bad! clothes, books, dirty clothes, shoes, you name it. Its like our 'dumping grounds' b/c its out of site, out of mind, and I never clean it like ever b/c the kids get into my jewelry box. I finally tried to clean it the other day with them and t wrote all over my walls in PEN and all over my pretty flowers I had on the walls :(. There's no salvaging them. So, I just gave up cleaning there altogether. Its also tough b/c I do lots of cleaning when they nap/sleep and most of the time they are doing that in my room! :sigh

The majority would like to focus on the master bedroom this weekend, and thats what we'll do. I'll post 2, maybe 3 challenges you'll be eligible to earn points for. I will post it later this afternoon or tonight :tu.

After that, we'll be doing the 'dining area' of our homes and the kitchen again I think. I'll be away from Tuesday - Saturday but I'll still be posting challenges, I'll just be cleaning my fil's house :lol

joyful mama
11-16-2007, 01:51 PM
I didn't shine my sink last night. :( It was full of dishes I didn't feel like doing. :blush I did take care of it already this morning though. :)

I vote for the MASTER BEDROOM. 2 reasons: 1 is because I have no dining room and clean the area when I clean the kitchen. :P 2 is because my master bedroom needs it BADLY. :sigh

I won't be working on the bathroom today. I did top to bottom... EVERYTHING yesterday. :tu I'm going to just tidy up the rest of the house.
than try to pick a bonus area to get done :poke Don't worry about the dishes, there's been nights I dont' get points on it either :hug

greendelight
11-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Bathroom is clean. Bonus area is clean. Sink is shined.

I think all I've done today is clean! It feels so good, though, esp. to have the bathroom clean. Now I just have to never let it get this bad again!

rstump
11-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Everything is done here. My bonus is done...boxes all done...... and my sink is shiny again....I can't believe I have made it every night so far. I don't I have ever done any house cleaning...daily for 8 days in a row....

How long is it again that you have to do something in a row to become a habit?

greendelight
11-16-2007, 08:07 PM
28 days makes it a habit. You're well on your way!

joyful mama
11-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Bathroom is clean. Bonus area is clean. Sink is shined.

I think all I've done today is clean! It feels so good, though, esp. to have the bathroom clean. Now I just have to never let it get this bad again!
:hug I asked dh, 'did you notice the bathroom at all?' b/c I thought I could tell how clean it was and he said :yes and it smells so good too :). that was nice.

Everything is done here. My bonus is done...boxes all done...... and my sink is shiny again....I can't believe I have made it every night so far. I don't I have ever done any house cleaning...daily for 8 days in a row....

How long is it again that you have to do something in a row to become a habit?
awesome! I only have a couple of more dishes and my sink will be shiny too :tu. I'd did lots of baking tonight and the kids went to bed so darn late (again :sigh).

oh, and dh said he thought the habit thing is 21 days :shrug :think

jewelmcjem
11-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Got the bathroom done, the girls did the dishes and shined the sink. I decluttered the top of ds's dresser to make room for the baby changing station!

Nightingale
11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
I've done the bonus area...plan to do the bathroom after the girls are in bed, but we'll see.

joyful mama
11-16-2007, 09:53 PM
sink shining, bonus area decluttered and mopped (frontway) :tu

updating points, and off to post the weekend challenge :)

katiekind
11-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I did my two bathrooms and my sink was shiny last night and tonight! It helps that I have company coming in tonight (my middle son!) so I was extra motivated to clean those bathrooms.

I didn't see the bonus until too late...since I also vacuumed today, I could retroactively say my carpet was really bothering me--so I vacuumed...but I think we call that revisionist history! :giggle

Nightingale
11-16-2007, 10:48 PM
bathroom cleaned, sink shiny :)

Amber
11-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Bathroom is clean, and sink is shiny.

ElectricEarth
11-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Clean sink Friday night. It's been clean every morning for me so far. What a nice feeling that is!!!

NayneeNoo
11-17-2007, 06:39 AM
Sink shiny last night. :yes Well, ladies. I'll be back with the challenge at a later date, but we leave this evening for Texas! Yay!

joyful mama
11-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Sink shiny last night. :yes Well, ladies. I'll be back with the challenge at a later date, but we leave this evening for Texas! Yay!
have fun!

Ok, I have company coming over soon, so I'll be on later to update. I might not get a chance before the board closes, so I promise it will be updated tomorrow night! Have a great weekend!

joyful mama
11-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I did my two bathrooms and my sink was shiny last night and tonight! It helps that I have company coming in tonight (my middle son!) so I was extra motivated to clean those bathrooms.

I didn't see the bonus until too late...since I also vacuumed today, I could retroactively say my carpet was really bothering me--so I vacuumed...but I think we call that revisionist history! :giggle

thats good enough for me ;)