PDA

View Full Version : November hkc CHALLENGE 2!

joyful mama
11-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Ok ladies, here goes. this is a fairly simple one. Challenge 3 will be longer and more challenging but you'll have the weekend to do it ;). Please post to *this* thread that you completed challenge 2. Also, if your sink was shining when you went to bed (this is ongoing all month) post that as well, and you get points for every night you do that :tu.

Challenge 2 : clean under your sink! organize your cleaners, get rid of those old ones you don't use, old sponges, etc. and do a quick scrubbing of it all! 10 points (btw its a la Flylady again, I like her challenges, and this week she happens to be doing what I picked for us to do :lol)

To be completed by midnight (Pacific) Thursday night!! Good luck!

Oh, and I've heard back regarding prizes :tu. Its ok w/GCM admins for us to go ahead and have real prizes. So, the top 3 winners, if they so choose to pm me their address, will receive a little package from me at the end of this monthly challenge. If, like now, I have lots of ties, I'll draw 3 names out of a hat :)

----------------------------------------
Updated list:

joyful mama/Jen- 30
ladybugs984/Sam
rstump/Renee- 30
rdkkks/Rachelle- 30
katiekind/Kathy- 30
ElectricEarth/Terra- 30
Terribear/Terri-20
Erinee/Erin-3
Tanyia
Amber- 30
AdrienneQW- 10
greendelight/Nickie- 30
NayneeNoo/Amy- 15
WI Mama05/Kim- 30
LKsparks00/Laura- 15
jewelmcjem/Gem-30
joystrength-15
Victorious- 15
apmommy/Kirsti- 15
AandNsMom- 15
Niphredil/Lindsay- 15
mamma2allen- 15

Teribear
11-07-2007, 09:35 PM
How'd you know my sink flooded Jen? I've got to do this tomorrow anyway. And probably call the insurance company as well. Its bad. :doh

joyful mama
11-07-2007, 09:48 PM
How'd you know my sink flooded Jen? I've got to do this tomorrow anyway. And probably call the insurance company as well. Its bad. :doh
eek! :hug2

apmommy
11-07-2007, 10:54 PM
does this count....this weekend I cleaned my living room and kitchen top to bottom. I even painted the baseboards in the kitchen. i organized my pots/pans, spices, and under the sink when i did the kitchen. so does that count still?

joyful mama
11-08-2007, 06:13 AM
does this count....this weekend I cleaned my living room and kitchen top to bottom. I even painted the baseboards in the kitchen. i organized my pots/pans, spices, and under the sink when i did the kitchen. so does that count still?
Its up to you how much of the challenge you do. If you did the challenge recently, than :clap and you get points. There will be some of us who recently tackled projects before others, and some who have a bigger task than others, kwim? So, if you feel it fulfilled the challenge (sounds like you did) you get the points :tu.

WI Mama05
11-08-2007, 07:19 AM
:giggle I acutally did that last night when I was cleaning the sink! My counters were really full of trash :O because the trash needed to go out, so I pulled it out and realized that the recycling was taking over so I pulled it all out and wiped up the floor and put everything back nicely!

I'll post when I shine my sink tonight though!

NayneeNoo
11-08-2007, 01:50 PM
*subbing so I can reply later*

Teribear
11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Well...its as clean as its gonna get under the circumstances. Its a mess and I've already called our homeowners insurance. We have a $500 deductable. I'm betting they're going to have to replace the entire lower cabinets and probably the countertop as well because its all one piece on that side. Bleh! Merry Christmas. Not! Its apparently been leaking for awhile. :banghead

joyful mama
11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Well...its as clean as its gonna get under the circumstances. Its a mess and I've already called our homeowners insurance. We have a $500 deductable. I'm betting they're going to have to replace the entire lower cabinets and probably the countertop as well because its all one piece on that side. Bleh! Merry Christmas. Not! Its apparently been leaking for awhile. :banghead
oh ugh! :/ :hugheart (I'm counting you in for points for the challenge... but I'm sure that doesn't make it 'better' :hug2)

Teribear
11-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Well...I did clean...I moved a ton of stuff that we had piled in front of the sink doors (because of course we don't store anything we use frequently under there hence the ability for it to have a leak for this long and me not know) and threw a way a BUNCH of the stuff we did have stored under there (since the water ruined a lot of it)...its just frustrating. I've been cooking at home and doing a ton more than I usually do and right now I can't even wash a dish in the sink because my FIL has to put the plumbing under there back together. The P trap had actually come completely loose from the main drain pipe so there's no telling how much water has been dumped down there or for how long. :sigh oh well. We have insurance. It'll cover it. Its just annoying.

RealLifeMama
11-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Oh Teri, I am sorry!

I am going to try to do this tonight, as I have seen the water spot under my coffee maker, (our faucet needs to be repositioned, so water gets under there a lot. but it dried, so I keep saying "oh, I will get to it sometime." I do have contact paper, so the cabinet will not get damaged by just a little water.
The baby is so needy, though, and my cleaning under the sink is not as doable since he wants to get in the cabinets. DH is gone tonight, so he won't be here to watch the baby.
Excuses, excuses.
Sorry! :blush

mamma2allen
11-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Is it too late to join the challenge? I need all teh help I can get right now and this may just be the help I need.
Stephanie

joyful mama
11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Oh Teri, I am sorry!

I am going to try to do this tonight, as I have seen the water spot under my coffee maker, (our faucet needs to be repositioned, so water gets under there a lot. but it dried, so I keep saying "oh, I will get to it sometime." I do have contact paper, so the cabinet will not get damaged by just a little water.
The baby is so needy, though, and my cleaning under the sink is not as doable since he wants to get in the cabinets. DH is gone tonight, so he won't be here to watch the baby.
Excuses, excuses.
Sorry! :blush
:hug whatever you get done, you get done. Its only to encourage us, no need to feel badly if we can't get a challenge completed b/c of 'life' yk?
[quote=mamma2allen ]
Is it too late to join the challenge? I need all teh help I can get right now and this may just be the help I need.
Stephanie

no, we just started. you'll be 15 points behind most, but it will be easy to catch up :).

joyful mama
11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
challenge 2 DONE. will update totals tonight :tu

WI Mama05
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Checking back to say I SHINED MY SINK again! :)

BHope
11-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Ooooh, I'm so doing this tonight. :tu

joyful mama
11-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Checking back to say I SHINED MY SINK again! :)
:rockon

Not many people have been checking in today :nails

Niphredil
11-08-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm so doing this as soon as Jeopardy is over! :rockon

greendelight
11-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Okay. Challenge #2 complete. Under my sink is nice and clean. Also, I'm closing the kitchen for the night and my sink is shiny!

Looking forward to #3! :rockon

jewelmcjem
11-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Yikes, I had my appliances clean last night and forgot to check bac in! :O I even scrubbed the drip pans and under them, lol.

Teribear
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Plumbing is fixed, sink is shined...looking up good repair people for the cabinets.

Niphredil
11-08-2007, 08:03 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/MissEllieNora/BILD1628.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/MissEllieNora/BILD1629.jpg

:mrgreen

joyful mama
11-08-2007, 08:05 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/MissEllieNora/BILD1628.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/MissEllieNora/BILD1629.jpg

:mrgreen
:clap

jewelmcjem
11-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Sink and undersink done. Wow, this nesting thing really helps -- I was even whistling and singing while I did it!!! :jawdrop

joyful mama
11-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Sink and undersink done. Wow, this nesting thing really helps -- I was even whistling and singing while I did it!!! :jawdrop
:giggle :rockon

Ok, updated as of 10:25 eastern Thursday night. I'm signing off soon, I don't know if I'll be back tonight. Please check your points and see if I have it correct.

5 points each for shining sink Wed and Thurs. 10 points for cleaning appliances and 10 points for cleaning under your sink. THe most points you can have so far is 30. :)

Off to post challenge 3 and figure out a spreadsheet for this :giggle

katiekind
11-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Cleaned under sink and shined my sink! :heart

Amber
11-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Under the sink is clean and the sink is shiny. :tu

Nightingale
11-09-2007, 12:37 AM
shiny sink, clean under sink :)

mamma2allen
11-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Sink and under sink were done last night but computer was not working. It is very tempremental lately.
Stephanie

Myrtle
11-09-2007, 07:29 AM
sink shined last night and cleaned under today.

Lindsay, we use those Electrosol tabs, too! It's so much easier than trying to keep little fingers out of the powder.

Niphredil
11-09-2007, 07:33 AM
sink shined last night and cleaned under today.

Lindsay, we use those Electrosol tabs, too! It's so much easier than trying to keep little fingers out of the powder.

The tabs are the *only* thing that get our dishes even remotely clean. Blasted hard water...

rstump
11-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Sink was shining last night and now under my sink is clean. It wasn't too hard since we just moved in 6 weeks ago but I did need to replace a sponge and throw out a trash bag box. (why can't other family members put it IN the trash can instead of pushing it BACK farther in the cabinet when it is empty)

joystrength
11-09-2007, 09:38 AM
:nak2
--- sink shined thursday night ... this is a BIGGIE for me, really!!!!!!!!!!
--- under the sink re-straightened, too ... although i inly keep fire extinguisher, small broom and pitchers there :giggle

ElectricEarth
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
sink is clean and sparkling, above and below!

greendelight
11-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Ack! Where's my points???

;)

joyful mama
11-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Ack! Where's my points???

;)
I think its up to date, now! I missed that you completed one of the challenges :doh

greendelight
11-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks, Jen. Can you tell I'm a little competitive? :giggle

rstump
11-09-2007, 09:29 PM
LOL....me too. :yes Strange what I will do for "points". My sink is SHINING. I cleaned out one side of ONE of the frigs (the kitchen one). I will do the inside freezer in the AM.

NayneeNoo
11-11-2007, 05:48 PM
GOt this done. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. My internet was on the fritz. For some reason it just started working today.  :shrug Who knows.

Oh yeah, including my sink. ;-)

Niphredil
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
LOL....me too. :yes Strange what I will do for "points". My sink is SHINING.

:yes

I think it's just nice to know someone is keeping tabs & cares. I mean, M & N sure don't. :giggle