PDA

View Full Version : Moving and don't know where to begin...

Serendipity
11-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm sitting in a pile of what used to be my room...maybe I will post some pics in a few minutes...I really don't know where to begin I started going through all the clothes and made piles to keep,goodwill,and trash...who knew I had sooooo many clothes the sad part is I only fit into 10% of them. My "keep" pile consists of one suitcase of clothes :cry

I already tried taking stuff to different consignment shops but nothing is "worthy" :blush

I'm lacking the motivation to do all this packing and now I'm second guessing this entire move all together u-n-p-r-e-p-a-r-e-d is an understatement!!!

What in the world do I do with all this junk that is my childhood...its kind of sad to throw it all away but I don't want it trashing up my new world!!!!

I will be back with some photos :/

Serendipity
11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Nevermind on the pictures, my batteries are dead!!!

But if anyone has some moving tips I would be very greatful!!

Marzipan
11-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Don't take it if you don't love it.
Freecycle! the stuff you don't want.
Breathe. it'll be okay.

:hug

Serendipity
11-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I feel so smart!!!!!

You know those space saver bags? The ones that you vacuum the air out of and they scrunch your clothes down...well, it works with regular trash bags too!!!! I was able to fit my entire wardrobe into the trunk and back seat of my car!!!!! :lol

IslandHome
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
A friend of mine helped me decide what to throw and what to pack, and it was like "if it has no use, and it doesn't beautify the world, ditch it". Pretty much what I try to do now.

Shifting is a horrible big job.... so I really hope it all goes okay and you get through it :hug2 Maybe do the FlyLady thing and set a time for 15 minutes - i find that always helps me get stuck into things and not get sidetracked.

Serendipity
11-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I managed to get all of my clothes packed and moved into my apartment with the help of my friend :highfive

katiekind
11-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Congratulations! I know how much you've looked forward to moving out. :highfive