PDA

View Full Version : New appliance advice

Mommyo6
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I get to buy all new kitchen appliances! :clap Looks like it will be Lowes or Sears. Budget of $3,000 rules out the fancy $2,000 french door fridges. Kenmore or Frigidaire work with my budget. I need the LARGEST fridge for a family of 8 I can get my hands on. Decent dishwasher and I need a hood for the stove so I might as well get a microwave hood as they are less than a hood in many cases!

Sears has 30% off of appliances on Sunday night. Lowes will give me 10% off to try to keep me there and there is a rebate on stainless only. I'll get white if I go with Sears. Financially I come out about the same in the end. So my debate points are:

1.White vs stainless (it's the no print kind) which is cleaner ..will white stove be hard to keep claen on top? I hate dirty stove tops!
2. Kenmore vs Frigidaire
3. 25.1 cu foot vs 26 cu foot fridge... does that much room make a difference really?
4. warming drawer in stove vs storage drawer in stove...will I really use a warming drawer ever?
5. service calls...who will be better? We live in a fairly rural area.

HELP me make up my mind before I go batty. All I can dream about is ranges and ice makers and 5 level washes! :/ I need to make a decision in 48 hours hubby wants me to have what I want so he will let me pick. Any advice and thoughts appreciated!

Mommyo6

cindergretta
11-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, I am *extremely* partial to stainless. Oh, the fantasy! <insert pic of me daydreaming here> I do like all my Kenmore products, though. We have had very good luck with our Kenmores. :yes

I would want the storage drawer and I don't know anything about Lowe's service, but I've had good and bad experiences with Sears. Depends on who you get! :shifty

Can't help you at all with the size issue. I have to see it. (I can't even guess which size container for leftovers! :rolleyes )

rstump
11-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I like Kenmore's....never bought any appliances at Lowe's.

Sears has always been my favorite and they have great service plans.

I don't think the 1 cu ft would make a big difference. I would get the MOST for my money but it would depend how much MORE the 1 cu ft is.

We have a scratch/dent place around here called Appliance Direct. We have gotten some GREAT appliances at less than half price and they have always been great. They even have service plans on them. You can get far more for your money that way. Mine aren't even really scratched or dented. Not that we could find. Many are just "overstocks" or last years model.