PDA

View Full Version : Being destructive...

TwinMommy03
11-05-2007, 07:51 PM
While I was in the shower today, my 4 y/o ds, got a paring knife out of the drawer and cut three holes into my walls. He didn't tell me what he had done, but I found the holes. I talked to him about how we take of our house and our things, etc and how this was wrong. He apologized. I intend to have him help me fix the holes, which will require, mud, sand, paint. But, I didn't really have any other consequences for him for his actions. I feel like he totally got off scott-free, since he will probably LOVE to help me work on the walls. :shrug I just really didn't know what to do? Any suggestions?

AmyDoll
11-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't leave him unsupervised with knives - that would be the biggest consequence. While I showered he'd have to play in the bathroom - cars make a good bathroom activity.

milkmommy
11-05-2007, 08:35 PM
A one time innicent I'd just explain like you did and have him help repair. Let go of the idea he needs to feel bad to learn. Repeated incidents would mean removal of knifes to a safer place and having him in my view at all times.
Deanna

TwinMommy03
11-06-2007, 07:01 AM
I did put all the knives up, so now he can't reach them. :phew He never bothered them till recently. He is very sneaky!! I usually have them watching cartoons while I shower, but I may have to move him to the bathroom. :think Thank you!

TwinMommy03
11-06-2007, 07:02 AM
ETA: Nevermind....just repeated something someone said already...