PDA

View Full Version : always disapointed

allisonintx
11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
I want to make amazing smoothies, but I have never been able to find a blender that would actually do it like I want. I know that a Vitamix would do it, but I don't have the 400.00.

Anyway, I got a Magic Bullet tonight at Wallyworld brought it home, threw the fruit in it, and Voila! the perfect smoothie.

Now that might not seem like a huge deal, except I'm doing WW Core and all the fruit and the non-fat milk I used to make it are Core, so it's like getting unlimited desserts. I'm so excited :mrgreen Even if all this thing does is make smoothies, and I never use it for another thing, I am totally satisfied.

Punkie
11-02-2007, 05:19 PM
My mom swears by that thing!

BHope
11-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I need a blender. Was it expensive?

Who am I kidding. I seriously need a crock pot first. :giggle

allisonintx
11-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Seriously, go to a thrift store and get a crock pot, they have thousands!

I got the MB at walmart for 54.00/

Rabbit
11-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Simon was born while Magic Bullet was on late night TV, so that's what I watched while up with him and his never ending colic. I have watched months of the infomertials for it, and I want one so bad!

allisonintx
11-02-2007, 05:26 PM
I just checked ebay, and there are loads there for less than I paid. I'm just so set to do Core this week on my WW that I was too impatient to wait on an auction.

Soliloquy
11-02-2007, 05:37 PM
:woohoo

I just got an immersion blender and I am loving it. The MB looks neato!

jewelmcjem
11-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I've been wondering if the MB was as good as it looked! I may look into one -- my poor wedding blender has pretty much given up the motor ghost!

Oh, and for the slow cooker, Aldi has a stainless steel 6.5 quart for 19.99 this week. I'm trying to see if I can finagle $20 out of our budget!

NayneeNoo
11-02-2007, 05:48 PM
I LOVE my MB!!! I threw out my other blender b/c this one works just great for me and it doesn't take up as much space!

Blue Aurora
11-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I remember seeing that on tv... I believe dh made a joke about the name :shifty

Glad you weren't disappointed this time!

BHope
11-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh, and for the slow cooker, Aldi has a stainless steel 6.5 quart for 19.99 this week. I'm trying to see if I can finagle $20 out of our budget!

No Aldi's near me. :( But thrift stores are a good idea. It's just "one of those things" I've been meaning to do for a year now. lol.

tree_hugger
11-02-2007, 11:32 PM
I have a MB and we love it! There is a bit of a learning curve to using it, but the instructions are good and once you figure it out, it is easy!

I was very close to buying a Vita Mix because I though I needed one to make smoothies, but I decided to pull out the MB and give it a go, and I am so glad I did!

TBH though, the only things we use it for are smoothies and grinding herbs and coffee.

:)