PDA

View Full Version : What to do when the lovey makes poor behavior choices?

WanderingJuniper
10-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Bird has this cat that is her favorite stuffed animal. It goes everywhere with her. That is fine. I don't mind. BUT, lately she has been having kitty make poor behavior choices. Example is Kitty will yell loudly in the car, hit her brother, or spill her sister's drink. At the moment Kitty is on vacation, but Bird has been asking when Kitty will come back. This is Kitty's 3rd vacation this week.

Any ideas on how to get Kitty to make better choices?

OpalsMom
10-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Have you asked Bird?

WanderingJuniper
10-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah, she doesn't have any ideas but she doesn't want Kitty's vacation to be long.

blessedwithboys
10-26-2007, 01:51 PM
I know that this board is opposed to "time out" but Buzz Lightyear spends a lot of time thinking about his behavior around here. ;) I don't leave him put up for long though, because I think it's helpful to give "Buzz" :giggle a chance to try again soon. Buzz has also had to stay home a couple of times because of poor choices in the car (where I'm kind of limited on my access). I tell ds why Buzz is staying home, then give him a chance to come with us when the drive will be short and I know I can pull over and be proactive.

RooMama
11-05-2007, 12:51 PM
And here I thought Moo was the only poorly behaved stuffed animal out there. :phew

I've been putting Moo away when it gets really bad, but bedtime or quiet-time are meltdown city without Moo.

HomeWithMyBabies
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Although Bear is so much more than just a toy, :giggle there are times when he has to go somewhere and take a break until he decides/calms down enough to stop and think.

Any mess made by Bear ds has to take care of which has decreased Bear's sloppiness somewhat. :giggle

bliss
11-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Booger's Peppy made some really bad choices at church Friday and I liked the way the teacher handled it - she had Booger explain to Peppy why she would have to go to time-out. I thought that was good, not punitive toward Booger (not putting HER in time out) but also making sure that she "got it" with regard to the behavior. She is 8, though - don't know if that's beyond some littler ones, but it might be worth a shot - having Bird explain to Kitty that she will have to go on vacation because she has done X but she knows Kitty can do better next time, something like that. :shrug

WanderingJuniper
11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Well Bird has announced that Kitty had to go on vacation for a long time because Kitty makes her want to make poor choices. She told me to send Kitty on a cruise this time. :giggle I asked when the cruise would be over and Bird said, "Hmm :think I'll let you know." :giggle