PDA

View Full Version : Needing Some Encouragment

thomlynn
10-25-2007, 05:39 AM
DD is 15 months, she'll be 22 months when the new baby comes. Mainly as favors to the two mamas and to help cover midwife fees I've taken on some babysitting. I watch a 13mo twice a week every week and for this week I'm watching a 17mo the whole week but I could possibly start watching him once a week in a month or so.

Anyhow, dd doesn't like them here. Normally after our long day with the 13mo she is clingy and this week with the 17mo has turned her into a different child. She's tried to bite him, she tried to bite me once when I was protecting him, she hits him. When she does this I tell her it's not ok to hit and I've been trying to pick her up and try to give her extra snuggles and do something she loves when I notice he's getting on her nerves. After he leaves we snuggle a lot and we go and swing on the swing (her favorite thing) for a long time. BTW she's not acting out for no reason, they are usually fighting over toys or something (no suprise).

Anyhow I've noticed I'm becoming a little resentful of our guest. :blush I am angry that their presence causes my daughter to act this way. My normally easy going, laid back little girl has become clingy and high needs. I am angry at myself for making these commitments when I only have a limited time left with my dd before the new baby comes. I am upset that she has to share me. Then I feel guilty for feeling this way, after all they are children.

I also have concerns about her reactions to the new baby based on how she's acting with our guest. I know it will be different, the new baby won't be playing with her toys right away but the new baby will need dh and myself a lot and will be sleeping in bed with us and dd. And I am sick and tired of everyone telling me how this will be good for my dd. She needs to get used to it they say, after all the new baby will be here soon. I totally understand their argument but it makes me feel like that's all the more reason for it to be just us.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here, just a release I guess. Thanks for listening.

Lila
10-25-2007, 08:33 AM
No advice, just a big hug. :hug2