PDA

View Full Version : What is this warning light on my dishwasher?

expatmom
10-24-2007, 09:30 PM
We are in a rental house with a crummy dishwasher that has no manual. And our landlord's grasp of English isn't strong. Its a Hoover dishwasher; I can't find an online manual anywhere.

There are 3 warning lights. One is a cup with a little star; this means add more rinse aid. Another is an S; this means add more salt.

The third one is an S on its side with a line thru it, almost like a dollar sign lying horizontal. What does it mean? The light has been on for ages now & gradually my dishwasher is getting less and less effective. My dishes are coming out gritty and the soap isn't completely clearing out. I cleaned out the food trap. I can't see any other compartments inside that I could add stuff to.

Any ideas?

Rabbit
10-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Is there a model number anywhere? Are you in the US, or overseas?

I have so far found out that those lights are officially dubbed "indicator lights" and that indeed, the two you already know are salt and rinse aid warnings.

Hoover offers customer support:
1-800-944-9200 (USA)
08709 502943 (UK)

Online inquiries: http://www.hoover.co.uk/docs/online_enquiry.asp

expatmom
10-24-2007, 09:38 PM
We are overseas. Its model number is HDU600. All the writing on it is in English, so it may be British or Indian manufactured.

Ali
10-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Oooh oooh! That sounds sooooo familiar. We had dishwashers in Germany. I am thinking really hard, but for the life of me I can't remember what that was for. I will keep thinking and get back to you if I have a lightbulb moment. :think

Rabbit
10-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I think it's British. I updated my previous post, instead of posting again, as I should have done.