PDA

View Full Version : Best cleaning recipe for wood floors?

TraceMama
10-24-2007, 11:56 AM
What's the best thing I can use to clean my wood floors gently but effectively? I've heard that vinegar strips the finish, but I'm unsure about that. Murphy's oil soap? Any other natural recipes?

Thanks!

2TMama
10-30-2007, 09:17 AM
we have laminate, and the package recommended vinegar/water. I'm not sure about real wood though......i think it's a balance between finding somethign that doesn't cause build-up OR strip it. Surely someone here can give you some pointers.......but not me ;) Here's a bump so hopefully you can find what you need!

schmamy
10-30-2007, 10:36 AM
:popcorn

I don't mop my floors with anything nearly as often as I probably should... :shifty

I want to get a shark steam mop. I saw an infomercial for one during the early days of nursing and was thoroughly impressed :giggle

lmgeenw
10-30-2007, 10:54 AM
I just use a damp dust mop. When they start looking dull, I use a mixture of olive oil and vinegar. It can be a little slippery though. :shifty

I'm not sure where I read to do this, but it works except for the slippery thing.

AmyDoll
10-30-2007, 11:08 AM
I like the Orange Glow system. I tried the Bruce Hardwood stuff - but it's very chemically & has lots of warnings. The Orange Glo is pH balanced so it doesn't strip.