PDA

View Full Version : The bottle sling. Has anyone seen this before?

hey mommy
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM
It's pretty neat. For those of us who's kids never did hold their own bottles..

http://www.bottleslingguy.com/

The inventor is an AP dad too.

milkmommy
10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I know these thing have been slammed before but as another "bottle" feeding mom I would have killed for one of those. Its hard to cradle baby with the bottle especially when standing which does happen. That would allow for paretn to correctly cradle and hand feed. I dont like bottle propers as a whole this isn't that.

hey mommy
10-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh yeah, it would have been GREAT for those times walking through the store. I would have loved it then.. Man it was hard to do....

klpmommy
10-23-2007, 04:47 PM
I think it looks neat &useful. Not like most bottle proppers where the parents aren't "needed" since it really is a necklace to enable hands free while holding the baby. I wish I could find something like that which would support my breast since I can' t seem to nurse w/o supporting it *just right*.

Linnis
10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Why would they be slammed, don't they ensure someone is actually holding the baby instead of propping the bottle against the car seat?

milkmommy
10-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Why would they be slammed, don't they ensure someone is actually holding the baby instead of propping the bottle against the car seat?

Thats why I like them but I know something similar was posted once (diffrent board) and a bunch of how lazy why cant the just hold the bottle comments came up it got really super ugly. :shifty

Linnis
10-23-2007, 05:00 PM

Thats why I like them but I know something similar was posted once (diffrent board) and a bunch of how lazy why cant the just hold the bottle comments came up it got really super ugly. :shifty

I've actually gotten comments like this about DS in a sling. Sometimes you need both hands. People are weird sometimes.

milkmommy
10-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I've actually gotten comments like this about DS in a sling. Sometimes you need both hands. People are weird sometimes.
:hugheart :yes2
A few years ago I was traveling to my parents home just me and Cecilia. So ws trying to balane her car seat carryon bag and her she was 3 old enough to walk but trying to get to where we were going I needed to varry her so I had her slung to me and the carseat ackwardly carried and got all these cooments on how they'd make her walk and such.. yet when I slung the carseat and had her on a child harness I was the greatest mom in the world :shrug :scratch.

Rea T
10-24-2007, 04:11 AM
I guess I'm a little :scratch about the advantage of it. Not that it is a bad thing, I just don't remember ever having an issue with being able to manage to hold both baby and bottle. Maybe that has something to do with how I sit or something. I could see the advantage if I was out shopping I suppose, being able to use one hand to grab something off the shelf. But in the picture it looks like he is still using his hand to steady the bottle anyway so I guess I'm just not seeing the difference.

Now if someone had problems with their hands that affected strength or grip (like MS maybe?) I could see this as being fantastic.

hey mommy
10-24-2007, 12:07 PM
I guess I'm a little :scratch about the advantage of it. Not that it is a bad thing, I just don't remember ever having an issue with being able to manage to hold both baby and bottle. Maybe that has something to do with how I sit or something. I could see the advantage if I was out shopping I suppose, being able to use one hand to grab something off the shelf. But in the picture it looks like he is still using his hand to steady the bottle anyway so I guess I'm just not seeing the difference.

Now if someone had problems with their hands that affected strength or grip (like MS maybe?) I could see this as being fantastic.

Ever had to walk through walmart or Target(where there are no seats) and had to feed baby a bottle and push the cart? It's not easy. Not when you don't have a sling for the baby. This would make that easier b/c it would free up one hand..

milkmommy
10-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Yea its helps free a hand think of it like carring a newborn in a sling. A newborn in most any case it small and light enough to just carry in arms yet its can really help to have a sling as it lightens pressure and can free an arm allowing for more comfort. These do a similiar thing but with the bottle.
Oh and my DD learned and really wanted to hold her botle from an early age and while almost always cradled to feed she needed to be able to hold havign something like this would have helped from retrieving the dropped bottle 400 times not to meantion more sanitary.

Deanna

Littledisciples
10-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I think it is a much more posative then those creepy ones that prop it up alone in a car seat. Maybe with multiples or a care giver situation that would be nice. I would much rather see this used because one has to actually hold the child.

3PeasInAPod
10-24-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm a little :scratch too. I mean, I do think it's a nice concept for someone who would want it.. & it's not a bottle proper - so that's good. I'm not here to "bash" it, but I do think it looks funny. :)

milkmommy
10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
but I do think it looks funny.
I does :yes :shifty but lets just say sometimes it function over form. ;)

Deanna

Rea T
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Ever had to walk through walmart or Target(where there are no seats) and had to feed baby a bottle and push the cart? It's not easy. Not when you don't have a sling for the baby. This would make that easier b/c it would free up one hand..

Yeah, I didn't go out much with the boys when they were in the frequent feeding stage. I saved all my errands and ran them while dh was home. So I've never had to experience that; I'll take your word for it.

allisonintx
10-24-2007, 04:27 PM
If I remember correctly, the last time this was put up the sling thingie was attatched to the bar of a baby bucket, not a parent.

Linnis
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
As someone with RA and very little use of her hands I can see how this could help if I was bottle feeding and like someone else mentioned running into the store. To free up a hand, maybe to grab a toddler who wants to run off etc.

illinoismommy
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
it does look a little funny :lol but if it works the way it says it does, I'd probably give it a whirl. It really is hard to hold baby, and bottle, and tie your 3 year olds shoes all at the same time :shifty and I like that the idea is to keep the baby close to you and bottle feed not just get the bottle feeding done no matter how