PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those with wood/laminant through most their home

kaismamma
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
We just moved into a house with laminant throughout the whole house, except for the lanolium in the kitchen and bathroom.

1) How often do you mop your floors? I was mopping my lanolium weekly before....but it was just in the bathroom and kitchen. I'm wondering if you all think it's necessary to mop the floors in the rest of the house that often. Now we have white lanolium in the kitchen right as you walk in the house and I can see I'm going to have to do at least that room more than once a week. I might need to do that part on hands and knees too since so far it seems to get really grimy and show everything. :hunh

2) Do you think one of those steam cleaner mops would be a good investment for getting all the grime off the kitchen? Are they fast and easy to use?

3) Do you have a favorite broom recommendation? I need a new one and I remember being at someone's house a long time ago who had a really nice one with a pivot head that easily got into all those hard-to-get places. And/or do you not really use a broom and rely on a vacuum or carpet sweeper to pick up the floors? I'm just trying to figure out the easiest, most streamline way of cleaning them well!

Hermana Linda
10-22-2007, 01:53 PM
:think I pretty much only sweep and mop when needed. That will vary depending on your family. I use a broom from Costco and a cheap mop which I often just run under water and spray 409 on, but sometimes bring out the mop bucket and the big mop. I often prefer to just vacuum and then mop, sometimes it seems easier, other times I just don't feel like hauling out the vacuum. :shrug

I don't have a steam cleaner.

My dh's family, when they are here, sweep and mop the living area every day, right after breakfast. :jawdrop I don't, only when I can't ignore that it needs it. :hiding

LittleSweetPeas
10-22-2007, 02:11 PM
I sweep a few times a week and use a dry swiffer and then a wet swiffer about every other week.

For our kitchen (white tile) I have to wet swiffer it a few times a week. Ugh.

I really, really, really love my wet swiffer. :shifty

kaismamma
10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
How does the wet swiffer work?

mom2threegirls
10-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I have laminate everywhere except the master bedroom. I vacuum once a week and mop usually every other week. I use a regular mop or get on my hands and knees, and use a hot water/vinegar solution. I don't think those floor steamers are recommended for laminates- you can't get laminates very wet :think.

AdrienneQW
10-23-2007, 11:27 AM
We have vinyl in the bathrooms and kitchen, and hardwood throughout the rest of the house. I sweep the kitchen, dining room, and family room every day - or, I should say, DS does. :tu We usually use the Swivel Sweeper for that. (I :heart my Swivel Sweeper!!) I mop once a week, using a microfiber mop (Don Aslett line) and a water/vinegar solution.