PDA

View Full Version : How to find a professional organizer (think "Clean Sweep")

AdrienneQW
10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I want to hire someone to come in and help me declutter and organize my home. I need Peter from "Clean Sweep", really - I bought his book, but I really need him in person. :giggle Any suggestions for finding an acceptable substitute? I looked at the national association for professional organizers, but I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for - I don't need someone to alphabetize my spices, more like to kick my tail in purging half our belongings and devising reasonable systems for what's left.

:help

Heather Micaela
10-16-2007, 08:09 PM
I am pretty good at this if people are willing to listen. (Lets not talk about a certain relative with hoarding issues who asked for help and then rejected both it and me :/). I have organized other peoples stuff well.

So if you want me to come over the low fee of good company (and maybe even lunch :giggle) I'd love to help you

P.S. dont let undone laundry at my house make you feel I am not being honest - there actually is a place for everything and I get rid of about a laundry basket worth of stuff a week.

crunchymum
10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
well of course if you are in the southern CA area i would suggest my friend stephanie.... she's amazing. tell her i sent you. :smile actually, she will fly anywhere, but it would cost a bit more. she has seen it and done it all - from sort of in need of organizing houses to complete squallor (complete with mouse droppings, etc.).

http://www.sunshineco.net/

there's some good before/after pictures on there. i used to think getting a professional organizer was a total luxury, but after working with one... wow. it's like a new lease on life.

AdrienneQW
10-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Yay, two good solutions! I'm PMing you both. :cool Always open to more ideas...

LittleSweetPeas
10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
where are you at? I know a professional organizer in Nor Cal. :)