PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Poop Stains -- Help!

iburnbrownies
10-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for getting yellow poop stains out of my BF 8 week old's onesies? I would prefer not to use bleach, since she already has sensitive skin and I have switched to a frangrance free/dye free etc. laundry soap. She does one big messy poop each day now usually and it goes all up her back...it is staying off her outfits since it is cold up here in Canada :) and so she is wearing under shirts, but I am going through them pretty fast! I soak them in water and scrub them with soap right after it happens, the leave them to dry until laundry day, but they are still coming out stained and it just looks gross. Short of buying new onesies every few week $$$ what can I do?

greenjellysnakes
10-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Do you line dry your clothes, or is it too cold? Sunlight works on most of my yellow baby poop stains.

MarynMunchkins
10-15-2007, 05:13 AM
Sunshine will always work, and OxiClean usually does. :)

2sunshines
10-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Yep, wash them and hang them in the sun. Even if it's cold it should work.

My mil found a cleaner called "awesome" that works wonderfully for getting poop stains out. Not sure if it's widely available or not.

I've also heard that if you soak the item in some water with a little bit of shampoo it will help.

But honestly, my best suggestion for avoiding those nasty poop blow outs is to switch to cloth diapers. :yes Seriously. I can't tell you how many outfits I have ruined because of 'sposie blow outs. NEVER had a blow out in cloth.

Heather R
10-15-2007, 09:44 AM
I totally relate! My son's poop has some crazy pigment in it that stains like mad! (My daughter's didn't seem to... :scratch ) Anyway, I rinse the item well, then soak in an icecream pail of hot water and oxyclean overnight. Then I ring it out and spray the stain with "Prespot" by Melaleuca. Let that sit several hours, then wash with Tide and Oxyclean. Let it air dry to make sure the stain is gone, because otherwise the dryer will set it. If it's not clean, repeat the whole thing.

Ridiculous, I know, but I've managed to keep the permanent stains to a minimum this way.

Heather

blossomnatalia
10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Sunshine for me as ALWAYS worked... :shrug