PDA

View Full Version : I just picked up a dog in my car-he was running in the street!!! GOOD UPDATE

3PeasInAPod
10-12-2007, 12:17 PM
I pulled over b/c I was afraid for him & I opened up my passenger door & he jumped right in, went to the back seat & sat down , like he knew the drill! :lol At first I was like "please dont eat me bud" :lol He's a nice black lab & I can already tell he is well trained. He & my own black lab are outside together- they've been playing well. He's seems to be very well taken care of, but unfortunately there's no tags on his collar.
I'm going to try & get down to the vet today & see if he's microchipped. I'm sure he's very much wanted.
I'm wondering if I should take a pic of him & put it on craigslist too...but I wouldn't want someone else to try & say he's their's... :think

blessedwithboys
10-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Awww, I hope you find his family! Thanks for picking him up! If the same thing ever happened with mine I hope someone kind would help them out. :heart

eta- I wouldn't put an ad on craigslist. Instead, I'd call all the area vets, and alert the animal shelter that you've got him. Then when his people call around they can get your number. If you put an ad in the paper I'd leave out details- like maybe the color of his collar, or even his color and gender.

KitKat
10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
When my dog went missing, I contacted all vet clinics in the area, the local animal shelters, and the police station (in case they recieved a complaint of a stray dog). So, I would start with those lists if he isn't chipped.

Countrymama
10-12-2007, 12:32 PM
:heart Poor guy...I'm glad it went well with picking him up. My friend's dog ran off last summer and someone was kind enough to do the same for her and it all worked out really well.

MamaCare
10-12-2007, 04:00 PM
This is how we ended up w/our shiba-boy...

Amber
10-12-2007, 04:04 PM
It's great that you picked him up. I would call the local vets and animal shelters. Most papers will let you put free "found" add in the classifieds. Like a PP said, leave out some information about the dog so that when someone calls you can ask them to make sure they really are the owner.

3PeasInAPod
10-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Good update! I took him down to the vet's office & he was chipped. They called the owner & had me talk to her. Apparently the dog is a house dog, s& the owner didn't even know he was missing yet b/c she was at work. She was worried b/c the last time her dog got out was b/c someone broke into her house. She lives on the waterfront & there are a lot of nice homes there that get burglurized. So anyway, she was afraid it happened again.
But she came by & picked him up!

You know, I've been wanting another dog, but after this experience, I don't think I need the headache right now! I mean, my dog played nice & everything , but they were so hyper together & there's no way they could've been inside with Ben running around. They'd of knocked him over.
Anyway. I'm glad it's a happy ending! :heart

Radosny Matka
10-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I've done that several times. I'm not sure I would craigslist, but I called all the shelters around and veterinarian's offices in the area to try and track down the owners. On one dog, I even took his pic and posted it at grocery stores, etc. I did end up reuniting all the dogs. One was missing for a month. They were so thrilled to have him back.

Just read your update, glad he found his mommy. You did a great thing. :tu

Amber
10-12-2007, 08:23 PM
:woohoo That's wonderful that you were able to find his owner.

apmommy
10-12-2007, 10:11 PM
that's great. you're so wonderful for doing that.:clap