PDA

View Full Version : how do you find an exterminator??? help!

crunchymum
10-09-2007, 11:16 AM
we have a very serious bug infestation problem... i won't go into it here, but we have tried everything we can do on our own, and i think now we need professional help. :( how do you find a reputable exterminator? we don't have a lot of money to spend on one, and obviously i'm pregnant, so that really worries me... i just don't know what to do! :nails

also, does anyone know if i would have to stay somewhere else and for how long if pesticides are used?

hink4687
10-09-2007, 01:29 PM
The one we use you don't have to worry about the pesticides. They are safe and are the same kind that are used in hospitals and nursing homes so they'd be completely safe while pregnant. We don't leave the home at all when they come. I would just open up the phone book and start calling. Ask for prices, guarantees, what chemicals are used and safety of them, etc. Make sure they do offer some guarantee. I pay for them to come quarterly but if we have any issues at all between visits they come back out for free.

crunchymum
10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
wow, that's sounds great, nici... so what do i look for in the phone book? any tips?

hiddenhippie6
10-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Well I used to manage apartments and I could tell you a couple good ones if you want to PM me with what ya got. :yes

crunchymum
10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
i got nothin... :giggle do you mind pm'ing my some good ones?

hiddenhippie6
10-09-2007, 02:38 PM
i got nothin... :giggle do you mind pm'ing my some good ones?

NO problem :giggle

tempus vernum
10-10-2007, 05:01 AM
No advice just :hug

expatmom
10-10-2007, 05:13 AM
Ugh! I can so sympathize about the bug problems! :hug2

crunchymum
10-10-2007, 06:56 AM
thank you everyone... collette sent me the name of an exterminator and i'm going to call them today to see if they can help... i'm really hoping it won't cost too much, it's going to be a stretch as it is!!!! :nails :(

honestly, i had to do some therapy about it with my counselor...