PDA

View Full Version : Whats your hardest chore?

milkmommy
10-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty good about keeping my house clean and am in a good season do do so (no toddler newborn one child SAHM ect) I'm blessed with a husband that will wash dishes :heart A child whos fairly neat by nature and we live a fairly clutter free life... But then there is laundry.. ITs not washing I have issues with its putting it away.. On the edge of our dinning table are 3 stacks of laundry that have been pushed aside so we can eat now for ohh 5 days :shifty It would take me oh 30 seconds to put away. Me typing and complaining in this post is more work but.. yet there they stay.. I hate putting clothes away. So what do you hate most?

Deanna

Heather Micaela
10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Laundry is a chore because I can pnly do it once a week and then it takes forever to put away.

Dishes are a close second.

I'd rather scrub the toilet.

Aisling
10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I hate laundry. I currently have FIVE clean loads in my bedroom that I've put off folding. :shifty

Niphredil
10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Getting my DH to lend a hand. :shifty

I think keeping the clutter away. We're not messies so much as we're lazies. Why do now what you you can do in a blaze when your sister calls and says companies coming?

SouthPaw
10-03-2007, 05:09 PM
i would say dishes but in all honesty my top one is my FLOORS b/c of the 2 dogs and constant inside/outside/water play/fur aaargh.

but i don't clean them as often as i should, and dishes always get priority b/c they are grosser to leave out.

so, dishes.

ok, and laundry.

(floors)
dishes
laundry
floors.

yeah.

Nightingale
10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I'd say, at this point, warding off the clutter. I have gotten things down much better over the last 5 months and keep on top of the house pretty well. Aside from keeping off clutter, my hardest chore is anything that gets out of hand...if the sink piles with dishes, or I have more than 2-3 loads of laundry to put away, it's too overwhelming and I have a very hard time doing it. If I stay on top of it, and put away the laundry as it comes out, or in the afternoon during quiet time I do much better.

milkmommy
10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Laundry is a chore because I can pnly do it once a week and then it takes forever to put away.

Dishes are a close second.

I'd rather scrub the toilet.

We were recently without a washer for a few weeks while our new one came in.. It was strange but I kinda "liked' going to the laundries (really close) and just doing 3 or more loads at once folding and getting it put away it wasted a lot less time :O.. The money was way expensive though.
Maybe I should go back to doing a load a night like I did when we were using cloth diapers.. I think one big issue is to save energy costs I wash after 9pm but then say 3 leads washed and dryed its often well after midnight or more and I avoid putting things up to not risk waking anyone or I fall asleep with something unwashed.. :mad :think

Deanna

GotMyHeartFull
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
I am not a fan of laundry. Fortunately all of my children are old enough to bring their laundry to the hamper and fold and put their own away :phew Even the 3 yo, she 'rolls' her clothes lol but she does a good job.
I do 1-2 loads a day, and do it first thing in the morning. But yeah, it's my least favorite thing to do.

milkmommy
10-03-2007, 05:21 PM
yea DD will put all her stuff away :giggle She does like the towels and stff but not ours I mean she wasnts to but can't open our drawers or reach the closet bars..
Deanna

GotMyHeartFull
10-03-2007, 05:22 PM
yes, towels!! Laura loves to fold those but gets really offended if I refold anything she's folded :jawdrop :giggle

mom2threegirls
10-03-2007, 05:23 PM
The constant hour by hour pickup is the hardest thing for me. I love to keep the house nice and clean but have a hard time keeping things cleaned up all the time- it will be clean and then we will have breakfast and I'll be busy doing a project and before I know it the kitchen/office/dining room are trashed and we have to be somewhere so I won't have a chance to clean it up and when we get back I'll be exhausted and won't feel like it. :sigh If I just spend 2 minutes here and 2 minutes there keeping up on everything I'm good.... but I have a hard time doing that every single day for some reason.

Yeah, my house is messy right now. I have a hard time keeping up on the little things ALL the time. Gotta go clean....

cybelle1980
10-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, for some reason the putting away stage is hard. I always have a stack of dishes sitting on the counter just because I hate emptying the dishwasher, even though it takes two minutes. With laundry, I hang-dry most of my clothes, and they stay on the racks until I either take them off to wear, or need the space for the next round of wet laundry. :shifty

But my real worst chore is dusting. I really hate dusting and I really don't do it often enough. It just feels so futile when things are dusty again before I'm done. :hissyfit

TuneMyHeart
10-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Laundry is :blah :td

The only reason I keep up with it is because I only have a few things that fit. :blush I really dread folding and putting the laundry away.

kandykidsaturn
10-03-2007, 06:00 PM
floors. FLOORSFLOORSFLOORS. Because if i do one, i have to do them ALL. And i'm not talking just vacuuming or sweeping, i have to vacuum and use the floormate to clean them because the floors are so redicilious.

MaybeGracie
10-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Dusting, without a doubt. I hate hate hate it. So much so that I pretty much never do it. It gets to the point where it's downright embarassing.

Organizing is a close second. Once things have a home, I'm good about putting them back, but it's finding a home for them in the first place that I can't seem to tackle. We moved here over a year ago and I still have unpacked boxes. :bag

I really dislike washing yucky pots and pans too, especially ones that were used to cook greasy hamburger. :sick

Katiebug
10-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I like laundry :shifty

I HATE floors. Hate is a strong word. Again, I HATE floors.

hink4687
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
in all honesty my top one is my FLOORS b/c of the 2 dogs and constant inside/outside/water play/fur aaargh.

This is so me too! :yes

FindingMyWay
10-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Folding and putting away laundry BLECH

And mopping..all our house expcept 2 of the bedrooms are either hardoowd or laminate..it's a job!

MarynMunchkins
10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Cleaning the kitchen. :crazy2 You need to eat as soon as it's done, and there's always sticky that gets missed. :banghead

hey mommy
10-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say laundry too. I currently have 4 loads that need to be folded/put away.. Yet, here I sit...

Oh, unpacking/organizing.. I'm still unpacking stuff from when we moved back in here in May.. Ugh...

Countrymama
10-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Laundry is ok up until I have to actually put it away! Usually it sits nicely folded all over the house (except whatever drawer it is supposed to go in :shifty) until it has to be washed again.
But what I REALLY, REALLY :yuck is cleaning the bathroom. I'd rather do dishes all day long than clean our bathroom!

me
10-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Im really enjoying reading through this. Im feeling sick today so im just resting and dreading the chores when I get better. I dont feel so bad now about dreading the kitchen and washing clothes. I cant seem to get over hating it. Its not like a kitchen will ever clean itself or clothing for that matter. Even if it was just cleaned and I have only dinner to clean up, I dread it! And im also glad to hear that im not strange for being able to wash/dry the clothes yet the pile of clean clothes will sit :shrug I even made it kid friendly to put clothes away but the pile still sits atleast a day :giggle
And I have to confess..... :shifty.....i need to start dusting more often.....even with alllergies I still act like Im going to get to it later and never do :no..............

homemommy40
10-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Good topic. I love laundry- always have. I fold straight out of the dryer and hang things that get hung up. Laundry is like therapy for me for some strange reason. I think I hate scrubbing my floors the most- between three dogs, and three kids they are always a mess. And they are laminate hardwood and they show everything. Close ties for first would also be taking care of clutter and cleaning my bathroom. Hate those chores with a passion!!!!!!!!!

doubleblessings
10-05-2007, 11:06 AM
ITs not washing I have issues with its putting it away..
:yes well putting away and folding and hanging

milkmommy
10-05-2007, 10:24 PM
ITs not washing I have issues with its putting it away..
:yes well putting away and folding and hanging

I can wash it fold it put em on hangers but actually putting them away... :O

Deanna

Herbwifemama
10-06-2007, 08:42 AM
The hardest one I actually do, is washing the bathtub. Mildew confounds me, and it hurts my back to bend over the tub.

The hardest one I don't do... dust. I have no good reason to hate it, except that I just do. :shifty :O

homemommy40
10-06-2007, 08:56 AM
The hardest one I actually do, is washing the bathtub. Mildew confounds me, and it hurts my back to bend over the tub.

The hardest one I don't do... dust. I have no good reason to hate it, except that I just do. :shifty :O

I think that dusting is such a pain in the hiney because you have to move things to do it, and.... it doesn't seem to last long, at least not in my house. I can be done, and in a few hours dust is showing up again. Arrgghh.